78 replies to this topic

#41 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:21 PM

OH crasher your still upset that your cowgirls got punked on their own turf. Every former professional footbal player that is now an analyst has been talking talking all day about how they dont have a problem with it. It's plain and simple just stop then and they can't run the score up. Miami did a good job of it the week before they actually stood up and moved the ball the entire second half. The redskins just laid there and took there beating.

Edited by njdevils783, 29 October 2007 - 08:23 PM.

Posted Image

#42 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,547 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:54 PM

OH crasher your still upset that your cowgirls got punked on their own turf. Every former professional footbal player that is now an analyst has been talking talking all day about how they dont have a problem with it. It's plain and simple just stop then and they can't run the score up. Miami did a good job of it the week before they actually stood up and moved the ball the entire second half. The redskins just laid there and took there beating.

Wow, there's the quick and lazy assumption about it... I said it 18 ways till sunday the better team won and whatever... what that has to do with fake spikes against a team that can't beat Rutgers and is up FORTY at the half already is beyond me and then DOING IT AGAIN the next week... yeah... sure... woo hoo... karma's a bitch and I can't wait to see it come back and get them

(and if you remember me saying it before... I said I want my starters OUT OF THE GAME at this point because I don't want to RISK THEM GETTING HURT and I want them saved for the games that MATTER, not some bullsh!t records that no one cares about!!)

try to remember I am an actual FOOTBALL FAN before any team allegiances and loyalties and I love NOTHING more then sitting in the bar all day on Sundays harassing my bartenders and seeing each and EVERY second of every football game on there and when things are right I say they are right and when something is gutless chickensh!t effort and an embarrassment to the league and the game I love... then I'm gonna say it too!!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#43 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:28 PM

Most power rankings had them in the top 10 before that game but yea they couldnt beat rutgers haha. This is professional football yet your looking for them to invoke some kind of mercy rule. Brady didn't even play the entire game. Jesus they couldnt even stop the back up, which Miami had no problem doing. At least go out with some pride. Miami is by far the worst thing going in the NFL and even they fought back against the new evil empire. The Redskins just rolled over and died so Belichek let them lay a nice ass whoopin down on them. This was nothign more then a tune up game for next week and it is clear they wanted to show they could put a complete effort together for the full 60 minutes. Considering how Miami moved the ball on them in the second half with relative ease it's like they felt they had to prove to themselves that they were better then that. If you have a problem with a team playing hard for the full 60 minutes regardless of the score then wow maybe football isnt the game for you.

And like I said I'm not alone on this nearly every former player and coached interviewed today had no problem with what the patriots did. ESPN may have some clips from Mike and mike this morning with Ditka check it out.

Edited by njdevils783, 29 October 2007 - 09:29 PM.

Posted Image

#44 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:31 PM

:cryriver:

40 = 6 touchdowns.

If the Devils were up 6-0 on the Rangers, you wouldn't screaming for them to double-shift Asham-Rupp-Brylin.

What I do find humorous is that the exact same people (not here, -or at least not just here-), the people saying that the Patriots are so good that they should play their second string in the second half are the same people that said you have to question how valid the Patriots past Superbowls were given video-gate. It's just Patriots hate. Or in Crasher's case (and Hasan's for that matter) it's Belichick hate.

Up 35-14 on the Titans last year Dallas continued to pour it on.... did they pull Bledsoe? Nope. No way. They kept it comin'..... scoring 10 more points and making it a slaughter. Classless bastards.

All of the analysts had it right.... if you are an NFL team you have one goal. To secure the win. Not to make the nancy's happy worrying about the other teams feelings.

I'm at a team Canada game with Canada up 8-0 and I'm screaming my lungs out for a ninth goal.... no mercy. Classy? Maybe not. But neither is hoping for a league mvp candidate to get injured.

Edited by Don, 29 October 2007 - 09:34 PM.

"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#45 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:33 PM

:cryriver:

40 = 6 touchdowns.

If the Devils were up 6-0 on the Rangers, you wouldn't screaming for them to double-shift Asham-Rupp-Brylin.

What I do find humorous is that the exact same people (not here, -or at least not just here-), the people saying that the Patriots are so good that they should play their second string in the second half are the same people that you have to question how valid the Patriots past Superbowls were given video-gate. It's just Patriots hate. Or in Crasher's case (and Hasan's for that matter) it's Belichick hate.

Up 35-14 on the Titans last year Dallas continued to pour it on.... did they pull Bledsoe? Nope. No way. They kept it comin'..... scoring 10 more points and making it a slaughter. Classless bastards.

All of the analysts had it right.... if you are an NFL team you have one goal. To secure the win. Not to make the nancy's happy worrying about the other teams feelings.

I'm at a team Canada game with Canada up 8-0 and I'm screaming my lungs out for a ninth goal.... no mercy. Classy? Maybe not. But neither is hoping for a league mvp candidate to get injured.

God Don I agree with like everything you say anymore its kind of scary
Posted Image

#46 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,547 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:34 PM

Wow chickensh!t announcers who work for the worst sports network in history kissing up and sniveling for the Patriots... yeah that makes me feel better... ESPN's been an embarrassment and ruining sports singlehandedly since Disney bought them in 2000-ish

then again I don't expect anyone in the media to call it what it IS... if they do they lose their precious post and pre-game interviews, or they're all ex-players who lack the guts to call it out!

and I'd love to see this "power rankings" that had this crap Dolphins in the top 10, lord knows I didn't!
then again the psychic who can predict injuries and all the other mishaps and crazy crap that happens in an NFL Season (Like Vinny the Color Blind starting AGAIN in the NFL)... i'd like to MEET them and swipe some lotto numbers from their brain!!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#47 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:36 PM

Wow chickensh!t announcers who work for the worst sports network in history kissing up and sniveling for the Patriots... yeah that makes me feel better... ESPN's been an embarrassment and ruining sports singlehandedly since Disney bought them in 2000-ish

then again I don't expect anyone in the media to call it what it IS... if they do they lose their precious post and pre-game interviews, or they're all ex-players who lack the guts to call it out!

and I'd love to see this "power rankings" that had this crap Dolphins in the top 10, lord knows I didn't!
then again the psychic who can predict injuries and all the other mishaps and crazy crap that happens in an NFL Season (Like Vinny the Color Blind starting AGAIN in the NFL)... i'd like to MEET them and swipe some lotto numbers from their brain!!

Not dolphins... but redskins were 10
Posted Image

#48 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,547 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:41 PM

http://sports.yahoo....gid=20061001010

Here I looked up the game:

3rd Quarter:
11:53 DAL TD Julius Jones rushed up the middle for 5 yard gain (Mike Vanderjagt made PAT) 21 - 6

6:38 DAL TD Marion Barber III rushed to the left for 1 yard gain (Mike Vanderjagt made PAT) 28 - 6

3:40 TEN TD Vince Young passed to Ben Troupe to the right for 17 yard gain (2pt attempt converted, Vince Young run up the middle) 28 - 14

(now 28-14 start of the 4th is still plenty in reach mind you.... )

4th Quarter
13:04 DAL FG Mike Vanderjagt kicked a 43-yard field goal 31 - 14 :giggle:

8:23 DAL TD Bradie James intercepted Vince Young for 15 yards (Mike Vanderjagt made PAT) 38 - 14

5:43 DAL TD Tyson Thompson rushed up the middle for 7 yard gain (Mike Vanderjagt made PAT) 45 - 14

So Dallas runs the 3rd string RB after Vince Young throws an INT that goes for 6, but that's running up the score.... try again Don

or maybe check a box score before you call in blind numbers!

and if you want to run up the score in a game that's long over.. RUN THE DAMN BALL... Lord knows the Patriots need the help in the running game for when the weather turns to crap in New England!

and IF the Devils were up 6-0 on anyone I'd BEG them to save the goals for the next game... they might NEED them :P

#49 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,067 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:59 PM

I would just want them to play keepaway with the puck and keep punks like Avery away from Marty and Zach :P

The thing I don't get is people who think just because the Patriots go 19-0 this year and outscore opponents by 30 a game that it somehow glosses over the fact that they did cross the line in prior years and it did have an effect on their other championships. How much of an effect is debateable but if it didn't help then why would they even bother to do it?

Hell they were doing it this year too and god knows they haven't exactly needed it this season with the talent they've assembled...although for all we know they could still be doing it only in more subtle ways. Just like a juicer on 'roids, just because he comes up clean doesn't mean he's still not doing stuff that can't be tested for.

But what exactly does throwing the ball with Brady on fourth down when the score is 38-0 accomplish exactly? Or 45-0? It's not even a good barometer for those that want to use the practice excuse, there's no way the Redskins expected them to be throwing the ball in those situations. And they also rolled up the score on the Jets even before Spygate came out in Week 1, but he was just doing that to be a p-ick to one team in particular.

BTW if Peyton Manning was on the field late in a 38-0 game and he got hurt and was out for the season wouldn't Tony Dungy get ripped from here to kingdom com? And rightly so. Why should Belicheat's ego be immune from criticism for putting his first-stringers in unneccesary situations?

Edited by Hasan4978, 29 October 2007 - 10:07 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#50 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:26 PM

I love how naive you are. You actually think the Patriots are the only ones who video tape? The patriots are the only ones dumb enough to do it in a way to get caught. lol you really don't think there the only ones who were doing this right? It isn't exactly the most clever idea and it is only a matter of time before another team gets caught.

Edited by njdevils783, 29 October 2007 - 10:27 PM.

Posted Image

#51 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,547 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:33 PM

you really think the whole running up the score is based on the videotape thing???

not really... did it MOTIVATE the Patriots... sure... but is the dislike based on this??

Not really... it's about a team beating up on a team already beaten when it's time to put the second stringers in and run the ball and chew up some clock...

... meanwhile while all this is going on... there is one HELL of a football game going on NOW!

#52 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:35 PM

Yea nice pressure kick by Elam to tie the game with no time left on the clock. Running that last quarterback draw almost backfired but they executed the switch perfectly.

What a pass by Farve to win the game. You just have to love this guy.

Edited by njdevils783, 29 October 2007 - 10:38 PM.

Posted Image

#53 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:37 PM

I would just want them to play keepaway with the puck and keep punks like Avery away from Marty and Zach :P

The thing I don't get is people who think just because the Patriots go 19-0 this year and outscore opponents by 30 a game that it somehow glosses over the fact that they did cross the line in prior years and it did have an effect on their other championships. How much of an effect is debateable but if it didn't help then why would they even bother to do it?

Hell they were doing it this year too and god knows they haven't exactly needed it this season with the talent they've assembled...although for all we know they could still be doing it only in more subtle ways. Just like a juicer on 'roids, just because he comes up clean doesn't mean he's still not doing stuff that can't be tested for.

But what exactly does throwing the ball with Brady on fourth down when the score is 38-0 accomplish exactly? Or 45-0? It's not even a good barometer for those that want to use the practice excuse, there's no way the Redskins expected them to be throwing the ball in those situations. And they also rolled up the score on the Jets even before Spygate came out in Week 1, but he was just doing that to be a p-ick to one team in particular.

BTW if Peyton Manning was on the field late in a 38-0 game and he got hurt and was out for the season wouldn't Tony Dungy get ripped from here to kingdom com? And rightly so. Why should Belicheat's ego be immune from criticism for putting his first-stringers in unneccesary situations?

excellent post and I agree wholeheartedly, this is exactly what I've been trying to express...it's uncalled for and if kharma comes back to bite them in the @$$ then it'll be what they deserve...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#54 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:40 PM

excellent post and I agree wholeheartedly, this is exactly what I've been trying to express...it's uncalled for and if kharma comes back to bite them in the @$$ then it'll be what they deserve...

Um... Brady got out of the game with no injury... the Pats dont play the Skins anymore.... sooooo how is this kharma gonna come back and bit them in the ass unless someone falls to true busch league play and just takes a run at Brady?
Posted Image

#55 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:44 PM

If someone takes a run at Brady and injures him, that player is going to be banished from the league.... this league needs its star players to be the star players. But I'm sure that if he gets paralyzed from the neck down UDX will be dancing in the streets...
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#56 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,067 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:45 PM

Eh if karma was really going to bite the Patriots in the rear end the Jets would be the team with three SB's going on four and Belis-it would be unemployed :P

BTW I killed Rutgers for pulling the same crap too (calling timeouts to get the ball back against Norfolk State with a 45-0 lead already) and they're one of my teams per se. Everyone and their grandmother knows at what point a 'contest' is truly over.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#57 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,547 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:05 PM

Damn we’re halfway through the season already!!! I hate thinking about the season being over at this point (and yeah so what it means my 35th Birthday is coming… I seem to be growing and getting better like a fine… no VINTAGE (I like that) wine anyway… so bring on the years… just make the NFL Season LONGER… and yeah there’s a lot of dud games this week but we’ll get ya through it!!

(oh and an extra screw you to the NFL for not having a Sunday Night game out of "respect" to an unwatchable World Series game!! :rant:)

Sunday October 28:
Colts at Panthers:

Total and unabashed curb stomping by the Colts here… yeah the Panthers played them tough (and unlike the scumbag Patriots… more on them later)… the Colts give ya a half of football to have a chance on them… Vinny played ok until he hurt himself stepping on a foot during a HANDOFF of all things… a fumbled punt and the Colts just came alive… Joseph Adaai whipped his usual ass… Peyton to Wayne… rinse up the old formula… lather rinse and repeat and it’s good game time!

Lions at Bears:
Didn’t really see much of this one… and the Bears didn’t seem to want to play it… Griese again did his best Rex Grossman… 4 INT’s… just a normal day in the office eh? The Lions get some good running from Kevin Jones and balanced offense and a RARE solid game from John Kitna on the road and speaking of… the Lions are making him look rather Nostradamus like eh??

Steelers at Bengals:
You know… I should say something nice about the Steelers…but I can’t find it in me to do so… no knock on them they’ve had a nice year and all…but the immaturity, lousy defense and just general LAME play from the Bengals this year is just a TRAVESTY!!! There is WAY too much talent on this team (they ain’t the Jets people) for this team to be 2-5!! That’s RIGHT… TWO WINS!!! It’s awful… it’s embarrassing… and it’s gotta be time for Marvin Lewis to go… he’s FAILED to bring the mautiry level up on this team, he’s FAILED to make a defense… and he’s failed to make them a success… but he’s black so I’m racist if I call for his head right?? Anyway… the Bengals are so bad even Willie Parker got over his allergy to the end zone.. Heinz Ward get ‘er done twice… and yeah, that about sums this up!!! I didn’t even really wanna watch what USED to be a good rivals game! Time to bring in a WHITE coach guys (ok that was racist but I don’t care! It’s not like I went on my rant on how the fast food places in Roselle park only give you good service when there’s a white guy cracking the whip on the people in the front… whoops!!!)

NY Giants vs Miami at London:
The NFL should be writing a long winded, 15 page apology letter for trying to show off it’s game in a new country and bringing out there one of the worst played efforts by a team not named the Rams, Jets or 49ers (hell even by DOLPHIN standards this was bad)… neither team could really do much of anything in the muck and the rain and the gunk and it showed by how the Dolphins were an ONSIDE KICK away from pulling this mess out!! I don’t really want to say much about this game or I’ll get pissed off again that now all of a sudden the Giant fans are infesting the bar (gee where were ya at 0-2 guys?) and making it really annoying and tough to put all the other … you know.. WACTHABLE… games on the TV… I’ll tell you what… you want to watch the teams you can see at home… STAY HOME… call in your order… have it TO GO… leave a nice tip for the girls (yes our bartenders kick much ass and I make NO bones about saying so… or bribing them for perks !)… and GET THE HELL OUT and let the REAL FOOTBALL FANS enjoy their day!!!! At least the Jet fans have gone away with their team!!

Eagles at Vikings:
Wow was this too an UGLY game… it went well for the Vikings early… Adrian Peterson was running all over the place and the game was a balanced effort.. but then Kelly Holocomb got SMACKED silly (another QB on the Mortal Kombat FATALITY list !!)… and BROOKS BOLLINGER IN DA HOUSE… and yeah the results were expected… this is annoying at the least because it gives the Eagles a sniff of hope and life that now the Dallas Cowboys must smother like a small infant in the next week in prime time!!

Browns at Rams:
This was actually the MOST fun game of the week to watch.!! Both offenses played well… hell the Rams even RAN FOR A TOUCHDOWN! (wow didn’t even realize this was the first road win for the 4-3 Browns… or they had played so many home games at this point)… the Rams got Steven Jackson back from his gleg injury.. and then lose him to a BACK injury… guys just shut him down for the year already.. it’s a lost cause!! I just want to harp a little on a comment I made in the preview for this week and laugh at it….(Rating ** ½, only cause I need Anderson and Edwards to match Brady and Moss… HA)… the game was actually better then I hoped… and well… Edwards and Anderson 47.35 points… Brady and Moss…47.1 points…. So RIGHT THERE BUDDY!!!

Raiders at Titans:
Well this wasn’t what we’d call an offensive GEM… Vince Young was only good for 50 yards in the air.. but few teams can pound the running game at you from ten different players like the Titans can.. and hell it’s WORKING for them (5-2 is still 5-2 and more so with the tougher schedule they’ve played!)… as for the Raiders… they kept it close.. but Culpepper got picked late and came up short.. and let the Russell Rumblings begin!!

4pm:
Bills at Jets:

You know what I’ve learned this year.. Patriot arrogance and Patriot play calling the Patriot mindset works for jack effing squat when you have NY Jets talent!!! I made the analogy to Brian that it reminds me of the first two parcells years in Dallas where he had a decent team and ran with it… and had a good first season… and then after the first season he tried to mold it into his own image and realized it didn’t work and started gutting the cast of characters… I see that happening SOON here.. but what a damn good game for fantasy football punting fans!!! Just about as damn near unwatchable as the Giants game… NOTHING really happened in this game until Trent Edwards got hurt and mister “I’m great in the second half of the season when it’s already over for my team” JP Losman comes in and chucks the long bomb to Lee Evans to ice the game for the Bill and my fantasy football money league team comes ALIVE on the play!!

Houston at San Diego:
Maybe the Texans should have not bothered to show up for this one… some of the most comical football scenes and plays you will ever see on a football field… after watching the Texans punt.. and the snap go ten miles over the guys head.. he runs back full speed into the end zone. To go get it… decides to be cute and run behind the ball so he can try to do something with it… and SLIPS AND FALLS leaving Antonio Cromartie,(yes I looked up his name :P) just touches the ball and it’s 6 points… not to be outdone a quarter later Matt Schuab throws the ball right to him and he gets ANOTHER TD… and then damn near gets the hat trick picking off Schaub again and more football comedy ensues… so Schaub sees the INT.. you know he just mumbles … AW sh!t… as he turns to go down the field and make the play… takes one step and turns right and gets KILLED by a CHARGER TO THE FACE.. in the NFL HIT OF THE DAY (don’t worry it’s gotta be all over the highlight shows… after all.. it’s why we WATCH!!!)

Jacksonville at Tampa:
Tampa just never really got on track in this game and their defense got bulldozed by the run and run and run and run again offense the Jaguars pumped out at them… It’s amazing how sometimes you KNOW it’s coming and you know you have to stop it and sometimes you just can’t… Jeff Garcia finally gets intercepted and it’s run back for 6 and then Tampa has to try to claw and scratch their way back into it but they just can’t and come up short and again when in doubt the average AFC Team will beat the Average NFC Team at this point and that’s what ya got here!

Saints at 49ers:
Before I talk about this awful game let me tell you all a story… as I got up this morning … as I always do.. I turn on the NFL Network (God Bless them) and enjoy my coffee and watch the highlights of the games I missed, not that this was one of the games I missed mind you, but this one was the next game up as I saw the commercials running… and they run this commercial… “Parents your kids need to be in car seats until they are over 4 foot 9 inches… and being that Isabella is 2 and a half NOW and over 36 inches she’ll be out soon… then I though again.. HA… Diana (my first ex and all around awful gimp midget she is) was only 4 Foot 11” and in theory should almost still be in a child seat at near 35 years old herself and damn I just found that hysterical!!!

Anyway… this game was over early and fast… the Saints scored some points and the 49ers just have NOTHING at this point and can barely offer up a fight to come back… Frank Gore was out early in this one… and Alex Smith has NOTHING to work with… and now the Saints are only a game out of the NFC South lead… what a fun story it will be to see the rise and fall and re-rise of the Saints!

Washington at New England:
*sigh* I should have saved the rant in the Saints game for this!! But still… I really thought if new England was gonna play down and lose a game this was gonna be the one… and holy hell was that a mistake… they just came out and curb stomped them AGAIN… and AGAIN… up 17-0, the Redskins are DEAD on offense and would love nothing more then to get to the half and regroup and AGAIN they run they run the FAKE SPIKE PLAY?? Come on… there was NO need for that… and then in the 4th Quarter up 38-7 why is Tom Brady diving ahead on 4th and 2 to get the garbage first down to run the score up more when you can just kick the field goal?? It’s not even about right/wrong/class or integrity anymore.. it’s damn near sucking the FUN out of football now, and that’s a crime that can not be allowed to go on.. it’s RIDICOLOUS (and I know there’s someone out there going… but hey you’re a Cowboys fan and they did this in the 90s… and no, there was never the fake spikes, or leaving players in to run up stats and numbers, all the TD’s Emmitt got were usually in the context of the game and to be honest when the game is a blowout I WANT MY GUYS OUTTA THERE to fight for the next week… I cite the movie Friday Night Lights as what happens when you leave a guy in to run up the score and his leg gets snapped in two!! I’d rather have healthy guys for the next fight then trying to win some extra Madden Card or Trophy)… I really seriously hope the Colts kill them… or better yet, they go 16-0… and in that last game on that last drive when Brady is running up the score again.. that Strahan or some other convict Giant snaps Brady in two and he misses the playoffs and SEASON over, so they can go down in the second round and the Dolphins can sip their champagne and enjoy their 0-16 season to boot!!!)

Monday:
Packers at Denver:

Well leave it to the Packers to totally slip up and let the Broncos back into the game (and damn I was so hoping Brett Favre was gonna get SMOKED with a nasty hit when his wife was in the announce booth hyping her crappy book… well at least she is something to look at!)… and even Denver walking right down the field (though the Packers did bounce right back and took out a referee in the play too!!)… game shifted once as Cutler took the snap and has it stripped by HIS OWN GUARD on the play to hand it off and the Packers go back 98 yards for a field goal… while the Packers didn’t score… it took the game over and Denver really sucked until the last drive where they had that wacky scramble to sneak the ball up the middle… Elam hurries the field goal.. and one Favre pass later the whole play was squashed… all I know is I see the ball go up… and I go.. aw sh!t he HAS HIM… and good game!! BIG win for Green Bay in a TOUGH place to win… and Denver takes another MAJOR hit at home where they can’t beat Rutgers even (yes it’s a theme!)

My NFL Power Rankings
AFC:
1. New England… No accounting for class and sportsmanship here….
2. Indianpolis… the likable Obi-Wan Kenobi to Belichicken’s Darth Vader
3. San Diego… they’rreeee bacccckkkkkk!!
4. Tennesse….ground and pound like no one’s business
5. Pittsburgh… solid win over finished opponent!

NFC:
1. Dallas… bye week.. no problem!!
2. Green Bay… Mile High MIRACLES again!
3. NY Giants… they’re gonna play a capable team one of these days and this sloppy play is going to bite them HARD in the ass
4. Detroit… bured the Bears… IN Chicago.. no small feat for the Lions
5. New Orelans… looking almost like a football team again!!

#58 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:42 AM

:rolleyes: ok, I'm not condoning nor do I want anyone to get injured, I'm just saying what goes around comes around and if they are playing their starters into the 4th qtr with a 4 TD lead and a player gets over aggressive it could easily turn into something that it shouldn't....there have been many a time when players have gotten injured for being overly aggressive because they were pissed and it ended up badly.....and really...banned from the league? really? that's a bit overstated...

and I don't dance.... :)
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#59 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,326 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:07 PM

New England is probably the best team I have ever seen play (includes the Dolphins, Steelers, Cowboy, Redskin era's).

If teams want to whine about them running up the score then they should just STOP THEM. Belichek has this team focused with an us against the league mentality.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#60 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:09 PM

New England is probably the best team I have ever seen play (includes the Dolphins, Steelers, Cowboy, Redskin era's).

If teams want to whine about them running up the score then they should just STOP THEM. Belichek has this team focused with an us against the league mentality.

So..Your saying that, this Pats team would beat the 70's Steelers or the 80's 49niners?

I know its three different generations..But , calling them the best team that you have seen,, I think its too premature... We should see them play in the Playoffs, and wait.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users