76 replies to this topic

#41 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:49 PM

Witten is my hero :) ....anyone see Romo mimicking the refs on the facemask call? :D Brad will be in next drive...at least we didn't go for it on 4th like other teams would have... :whistling:
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#42 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:00 PM

Uh oh dont look now but its 38-17 here come those eagles lol....now who plays the next series for the cowboys

eh its the back up

Edited by njdevils783, 04 November 2007 - 11:03 PM.

Posted Image

#43 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:19 PM

Witten is my hero :) ....anyone see Romo mimicking the refs on the facemask call? :D Brad will be in next drive...at least we didn't go for it on 4th like other teams would have... :whistling:

I was totally :rofl: at Romo mimicing the ref and :dance: at Witten.

How bout them Cowboys?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#44 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:40 PM

How bout da Lions? Anyone still think they aren't for real this season?

Rogers INT for a TD was fricking hilarious. Big 300lb + D lineman running 50 yds for the TD.

Edited by JesterDevil, 04 November 2007 - 11:41 PM.

#45 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,606 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:47 PM

also lost in this week was the disgraceful.... and embarrassing efforts by the Jags AND Chargers... 300 yards by Peterson??
I mean I am glad and all (46 points!!)... god damn!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#46 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:09 AM

God the Seahawks are a fvcking joke. Can't even gain half a yard.

#47 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:30 AM

Don't look now but the Saints are in the playoff picture.... CRASHER, any reason to wory about them if we play em come playoff time?

Posted Image

#48 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,606 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:52 AM

Don't look now but the Saints are in the playoff picture.... CRASHER, any reason to wory about them if we play em come playoff time?

don't ask me I can't look past next week :P

but as a whole... no I can't take the Saints seriously yet (though I am SHOCKED they won this week), it's not the same team as it was....

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#49 Shapeshift

Shapeshift

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:06 AM

IT WAS SOOOOO GREAT to see the Eagles totally humiliated in front of their home crowd!! Such loyal fans, right? That place was quiet all game long, half empty after the half, and a total ghost town by the end of the game.
The Andy Reid, Donovan McNabb dominance in the NFC East is over! I hope it hurts, Philly.
..Lost in S-S-So-South Jersey....since 2004
Eagles and Flyers and Phillies...OH MY!!

#50 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:24 PM

IT WAS SOOOOO GREAT to see the Eagles totally humiliated in front of their home crowd!! Such loyal fans, right? That place was quiet all game long, half empty after the half, and a total ghost town by the end of the game.
The Andy Reid, Donovan McNabb dominance in the NFC East is over! I hope it hurts, Philly.

Once the Eagles dropped Garcia and Trotter, they were done in my book.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#51 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:32 PM

How bout da Lions? Anyone still think they aren't for real this season?

Rogers INT for a TD was fricking hilarious. Big 300lb + D lineman running 50 yds for the TD.

Rogers is a BEAST...most underrated DT in the NFL hands down...that INT reminded me of Sam Adams when he was with Buffalo when he picked off Tom Brady and scored...

It is great to see the Lions in the mix...and it will make the Thanksgiving doubleheader that much better! :boogie:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#52 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 03:15 PM

don't ask me I can't look past next week :P

but as a whole... no I can't take the Saints seriously yet (though I am SHOCKED they won this week), it's not the same team as it was....

I think its more like the same team it was.... last year :blink:

Oh and I'm lovin the Eagle frenzy and cry-fest. I had 4 friends over for the game, allw ere cowboys fans, and all left befefore the 3rd quarter ended :P

And LOTCB good to see a change in avatar and $ignature! That$ the $pirit!

Posted Image

#53 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 03:18 PM

And LOTCB good to see a change in avatar and $ignature! That$ the $pirit!

It is like the wind...it can change again! (Lets hope not!) :lol:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#54 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,606 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:44 PM

Damn I was all fired up this week I guess the big time football helped guess Dallas being in Prime Time and back on the schedule and well a few good drinks and man I was all over the place and wired like a ten year old for this Sunday (maybe a bit too wired up but sh!t it keeps me young after all!!). Lots of good games and fun stuff to talk about in this week. Time to shut up and get to it!

Sunday November 4:
49ers at Falcons:

Is it a sign that you go to a place too much when the people who control the TVs come to you and ask which game to cut (see Sun Tavern can only have 8 games on at once and there was 9 at 1pm) so I explained it nice and simple Look yall know I LIVE for these days and seeing all the games Ive lost friends and ended relationships over these Sundays (hey if you cant accept that I do what I do and want no part of it TAKE A HIKE!) Ive left places at 6am to get here on time. And with all that in mind.. there IS NO WAY IN THE WORLD you can get me to sit through this one!! (Oddly enough another customer complained to me that the game wasnt on when did I become middle management??)... anyway Atlanta wins hooray? There was no reason to watch this unless you were desperate and had Warrick Dunn somewhere! Though it would be a magnificent punishment in jail for Mister Ron Mexico while hes locked up in the Federal Clink!

Bengals at Bills:
What did I say about the Bengals?? NO HEART.... yeah that about covers it though I find it funny that the Bills are 3-0 since the BUFFALO STINKS incident! That said its nice to see JP Losman was doing what he figured out in the pre-season throw the ball high long and deep and let the speed guys run up to it and MAKE PLAYS and well you add in that Marshawn Lynch fella (sad that he has more touch on the HB Option Pass then either one of the QBs) and yeah theres delusions of grandeur in Buffalo they have more wins then the Sabres now dont they???

Broncos at Lions:
Damn did the Broncos get their sh!t pushed in or WHAT?? I thought it was bad for them beforebut to get ROLLED by the Lions (and credit to them is coming) but damn.. this season is OVER in Denver (to think the Rockies were more competitive in October)and then Jay Cutler gets rolled up which lead to my line of the day Damn Patrick Ramsey is so bad that Heather wants to get married so she can change her name and not be asked if shes related to this bum by football geeks like us!! Impressive win for the Lions like I said, who are making a case for the playoffs and big time! Though I hope you all saw that super fat guy with the 4 inch leap SMASH Selvin Young with that stiff arm as he drunken wobbled his ass into the end zone (kinda like how Id have been walking home at that time)

Packers at Chiefs:
Well the Chiefs almost had this one wrapped up too Favre was looking awful, the Chiefs were doing enough to win (despite what can be a NASTY Larry Johnson injury that carted him out of the game) all it took was one play one missed coverage by a safety.. and Greg Jennings to the house and the Chiefs just couldnt respond and now the Packers have back to back road wins over the Chiefs and Broncos and now Brett Favre has beaten every NFL in the land hooray?

Chargers at Vikings:
Its amazing when you line up to play the Vikings you look at this team. And you say hey all they got is Adrian Peterson and we can stop the run were a good team we got a good back ourselves and were on a roll, we can take them!!.. and then you let Peterson run for 235 yards in the second half!! (how the hell does that happen.. not that I mind since Peterson and Adaai are my money league MVPs right now!).. you even get the most absurd play of the season when the Vikings miss a FG (and by now EVERYONE knows you line up a return guy back there) and the dude goes 109 yards 2 feet and 6 inches for the TD and UNTOUCHED and YOU STILL GET STOMPED!! Guess Childress ripped them a new one at the second half and it worked eh?? The Chargers are a joke and I apologize for even ranking them last week wont happen again!! (now watch they go beat the Colts next week.)

Jaguars at Saints:
Im taken back by this one, but then again when Drew Brees has time and 445 yards theres not many teams beating them and the Saints did a good job of stuffing the run and making Quinn Earl Grey Tea have to throw the ball 3 INTs much my favorite was the last one he throws it late I yell EARL GRAY TEA (like I said.,.. I was feisty Sunday) and the pass gets picked err. Make that EARL GRAY INT!!! And yeah that about sums up this stomping!

Redskins at Jets:
Wow, the Redskins matched Adrian Peterson on the ground in this game! But even so, the Jets jumped out early on them running the opening kickoff back (that Leon Washington is a dangerous lil bastard) and Kellen Clemens was effective.. not too much different then Chad but he can move and its sad when he gets as many rushing yards as Thomas Jones they need to send him back to Chicago but imagine how bad the Jets would be if they had traded for Cedric Benson! But I hate to sound like Joe Beningo, but hes right the Jets are the Jets the O-Line stinks (maybe cause half of it is wearing the other team uniform now) and they cant put ANYONE away and credit to the Redskins, they did get back into this 3 points at a time (but maybe they are not as good I hyped them to be some of that I think is this coaching staff has the reigns pulled in TOO much on Campbell 8 weeks and ZERO WR touchdowns come on!)

Cardinals at Tampa:
Ugly, brutal sloppy game that just really shouldnt have been watched much, though the Joey Galloway story is an AMAZING one the same with Earnest Graham and Jeff Garcia but the Cardinals have come apart at the seams Warner was bad, the receivers sloppy Edge was ineffective (minus the touchdown) and even the coaching staff had it go against themmissing a timeout (they spent all three to get the Bucs to punt with 3:00 left rookie mistake there) and cant challenge the late Kurt Warner interception (though why waste ALL your timeouts before the 2:00 warningdidnt see enough of the game to really kill them on the time out-management) and somehow Arizona is still only one game behind awful Seattle!

Panthers at Titans:
This had to be a bad case of aw no NOT AGAIN to David Carr (I still hate his pansy gloves) he had a Titan pass rush up his ass all game long, and they beat the living bloody piss out of him all game long and for ANYONE who doubts how important the QB is in the NFL look at the Panthers and look at say Cleveland.. the difference the guy taking the snaps of course! Good game for Tennessee as Lendale White is running all over the place on people as is Vince Young what else can be said?

4pm:
Seattle at Cleveland:

A very fun and spirited game that fortunately ran late so that people who were obsessed with the mini-Bowl got to enjoy bits and pieces of this game too Derek Anderson does it again putting up 347 passing yards and Jamal Lewis pissing me and others off with his 4 TD day and well.. Seattle. I dont get it.. theyre just finished, but at least they put up enough to keep this game fun (and hell they are dominating that joke division at 4-4 can they send Hasselbeck to Arizona so at least one team isnt a joke in the NFC Worst??) and for the first time in a LONG LONG time we have a MEANINGFUL Browns and Steelers game damn that does feel good to say!

Houston at Oakland:
Well the Raiders were fun to watch for 4 weeks at least this yearbut when Ron Dayne and Sage Rosenfelds ROLL you yeah and when youre Raider fans want the game to be blacked out so they can see Colts and Pats yeah.did I mention Ran Dayne ran for 120 yards too?? Josh McCown came back from an injury and only threw 3 picks, so I guess the cries for Mister Russell will start to begin least I wasnt fool enough to play Lamont Jordan this week!! 

Patriots at Colts:
It was nice to see the OH MY GOD THIS IS THE UBER-ROXXOR GAME OF THE WEEK and see it actually DELIVER 200+ total yards from Joseph Adaai (and how GOOD is he?) The Colts played well even without Harrison in the game (which hurt them yes but you had this feeling that the Colts werent gonna win when Vinateri misses a 50 yard FG like the first kick in a big game hes EVER missed and the Colts cant put it in the end zone early and the Pats get it back going.. and man how GOOD was Randy Moss in this game those one hand SNAGS (comparing that to the drop in his hands by Reggie Wayne) so now the question is who beats the Pats?? Not anyone in the first 17 weeks of the year!

8pm:
Dallas at Phily:

REST IN PEACE EAGLES YOUR SEASON IS NOW OVER!!!! Damn that feels good to say one down two to go!!! Dallas really and wholly stomped them from snap one making McNabb fumble (and dont look now, but the Dallas defense looks REALLY good since week one and Tank Johnson joins the D-Line next week). The offense is running as well as it can even Julius Jones finds the end zone but hey at least we put in the subs and didnt run it up (though if you look back in history at what some of the Buddy Ryan did to the pre-second coming Cowboys we coulda had a case but Id rather save it for the next battle and BATTLE it shall be!!)

Monday Nov. 5:
Steelers at Ravens:

When I come home from a Devils game (that was horrid and I swear I am still fvcked up from all the shots on Sunday).. and I see 35-7 and Big Ben had 5 TD passes I say fvck spending the time to find out about this one the Ravens are trash on offense and I am sure it showed on the big stage tonight!!!

Week 9 Power Rankings:
AFC:
1. New England. 7 more to go?
2. Indianapolis no Harrison and a team better to go in New England anyway round II is the one that matters.
3. Tennessee they can run the ball on EVERYONE
4. Pittsburgh.. the can of whoop ass is still being poured on the Ravens!
5. Cleveland I like them, the most fun team in the NFL now period!

NFC:
1. Green Bay you ask who they beat they beat the Giants, Redskins, Broncos and Chiefs, thats pretty damn impressive!
2. Dallas bye bye Eagles!!!!
3. Detroit the offense and the running fat guys with stiff arms are just too good!
4. NY Giants.none of the teams who played impressed enough to knock them off!
5. Washington they still found a way to win.. they need to work the WRs more though

#55 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:24 AM

Nothing to add.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#56 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:49 AM

[insert Cowboys bias] :)

1. Green Bay you ask who they beat they beat the Giants, Redskins, Broncos and Chiefs, thats pretty damn impressive!
2. Dallas bye bye Eagles!!!!

one, we beat the Gnats, two the Redskins barely beat the Jets, three, the Broncos suck, and four at what point did the Chiefs become a damn impressive team to beat? Looking at their wins vs their losses and it doesn't add up to that good of a team given they are 4-4....

Although it's close when looking at whose better in the NFC I really think you have to take into account who the team lost to as well as who they beat....we lost to the "worlds greatest" :rolleyes: Pats while the Pack have lost to Chicago who we beat handily...it's very very close and next week will be more telling as well as the Thursday after Thanksgiving but I don't think you can drop a team in standings when they dominated a desperate team, as they should have, they played that week and the team that moved a head of them barely (not counting the garbage time pick 6) beat a mediocre .500 team....

eh, but that's just me :D
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#57 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:55 AM

Dallas is very overrated. Once it comes to crunch time they will fold like a house of cards.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#58 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,606 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:30 PM

Dallas is very overrated. Once it comes to crunch time they will fold like a house of cards.

you mean like the Ravens since week 1??? :giggle: :koolaid:

they have the superior talent in the NFC, and this is one year that can get you to the Super Bowl

#59 Shapeshift

Shapeshift

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:15 PM

I would have to disagree. I honestly think that they are the top dog in the NFC. Whether they will fold or not is unknown.... They certainly packed it up early last season and gave the division away. But think about this....they haven't started one game with a healthy secondary yet, are playing a backup NT, and have been missing their #2 WR all season long. I think with both Henry/Newman at corner, Tank at NT, and T.Glenn returning at WR, they will only get tougher...
..Lost in S-S-So-South Jersey....since 2004
Eagles and Flyers and Phillies...OH MY!!

#60 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:45 PM

you mean like the Ravens since week 1??? :giggle: :koolaid:

they have the superior talent in the NFC, and this is one year that can get you to the Super Bowl

touche.

I would have to disagree. I honestly think that they are the top dog in the NFC. Whether they will fold or not is unknown.... They certainly packed it up early last season and gave the division away. But think about this....they haven't started one game with a healthy secondary yet, are playing a backup NT, and have been missing their #2 WR all season long. I think with both Henry/Newman at corner, Tank at NT, and T.Glenn returning at WR, they will only get tougher...

Top Dog in the NFC is like being top dog in the AHL.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users