• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,457 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:48 AM

In fact this may be the best weekend of football to date!!! :dance:

Sunday November 4:
49ers at Falcons:
What to look for:
Holy hell.. a game the Falcons should be FAVORED in… this game is so totally unwatchable in any way shape for or theory… I can give you no good reason to observe this contest! (Quality *)

Bengals at Bills:
Now you start to see why Buffalo fans are deluding themselves about a .500 season!!
They’re in a Rutgers-Level of Cream-Puff schedule now! Another winnable game for them as long as JP Losman just keeps chucking ducks high and far that Lee Evans can run under and get to the house with… and the Bengals have no heart and LESS defense… I can see this happening… again… Marvin Lewis better get ready to start flipping burgers! (quality *)

Broncos at Lions:
What to look for:
Interesting matchup here… Denver has an ok pass defense D but is Cottonelle Toilet Paper soft on the run… and the Lions are a pass first second AND third team (trhough they did get 100 yards from Jones last week)… I don’t like the Broncos at home… but maybe a game away from the Rockies fallout is what they need?? I don’t know… I can’t see it;;; Shanahan rolled the dice on Travis Henry and Jay Cutler and came up as a double botch! (Quality **)

Packers at Chiefs:
Damn this is going to be a GOOD week of football!!! This is a big time matchup… Green Bay who comes off the Mile High Miracle who can’t run the ball at all.. against a team that does nothing but… fascinating little match up… both teams have good defenses and are playing better then they should be now… gonna be tough for the Packers to win in the two toughest venues in the league in back to back week though…. But I can’t see the Chiefs at 5-3 either… good thing I don’t do predictions here :P (Quality ** ˝)

Chargers at Vikings:
What to look for:
Man if you thought the Texans game was ugly… just wait for this one… the Vikings might be down to Brooks Bollinger at QB and San Dieego is just beating up on people with the running game and a surging defense… this could get ugly fast and all I can hope and pray for is a lot of Adrian Peterson receiving yards in garbage time… this one will be ugly! (Quality ** ˝ but could ge ugly FAST)

Jaguars at Saints:
What to look for:
The Saints are on a roll but still kinda soft if you ask me (and you are or you’d not be reading :P)… and the Jaguars love to punch you in the face until you bleed…. That’s not something the Saints are all too good at preventing and it will be interesting to see how the Saints bounce back from an ugly loss like this (Quality **)
Redskins at Jets:
What to look for:
Clemens vs Campbell.. OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS… oh wait… wrong Clemens!! The Redskins have yet to throw a TD to a wide receiver this year… knowing the Jets, this would be the week Santanna Moss gives them a sick 200 yard 3 TD homecoming! I can’t see the Jets winning this game after the pounding the Skins took last week and now they want some from the Belichicken disciple! (Quality **)

Cardinals at Tampa:
What to look for:
Umm… not much… the team with no QB vs the team with no RB? This game may not be a lot of fun to watch at all…. Neither one of these teams are really good… and BOTH are pushing for division titles (the more the year rolls on… if you ain’t in the NFC East, you don’t belong in the NFL in the NFC.. well except for Green Bay and I am still not sold on them) (Quality * ˝)

Panthers at Titans:
What to look for:
Carolina did just get CREAMED all over the place by fellow AFC South team, and the scary part is how easily the Colts ran the ball all over them… and now they play a team that does that 100 times better in the Titans….Carolina’s a mess all over the place and the defense and offense are just not good… while the Titans seem to be running downhill (no pun)… I see a similar type beating here today.. (Quality **)

4pm:
Seattle at Cleveland:
What to look for:
This could be a fun game… then again all Browns games are sun games now (if they are gonna ruin our top 5 pick from Brady Quinn by golly I will enjoy ALL their games!!), I don’t have much faith in Seattle … they too have not been good and it looks like the end is neigh for Shaun Alexander too, while Cleveland seems to be just loving life… home field helps too here…. Should be a fun watch if the Mini-Super Bowl is a blowout! (Quality ***)

Houston at Oakland:
What to look for:
I’m not really sure here… the Texans are piling up injuries after that awesome GORE GORE GORE (and no I don’t mean Frank… this was a useful gore!!) Matt Schuab took last week… Sage Rosenfels is as serviceable a backup as you can have in the NFL now… the Raiders seem close to the bottom falling out on them now with the schedule getting rougher, if not downright MEAN, and they gotta win somewhere… this could be the place… this won’t be fun to watch unless someone gets socked again! (Quailty *)

Patriots at Colts:
What to look for:
What the hell am I gonna tell you that you don’t already know??? If New England beats them by 30 I will not bitch about running up the score… that only matters when you are so clearly superior to your opponent and they are helpless to stop you, this is not the case here as we ALL remember the AFC Title game last year and the Colts have the weapons to storm back in this one… funny how the power has shifted in this series, as being in Indy helps the fast moving through the air Pats and a murky sloppy run the ball field like New England would help the Colts more (in my opinion)… Juts let this please be a good game (and Adaai and Manning to get lots of points!)… (Quality ****)

8pm:
Dallas at Phily:
What to look for:
Ahh, nothing like America’s (and apparently England’s) Team back on PRIME TIME where they belong (well to be fair I like them better on late so I can enjoy the other games and not focus on one of the two teams I root for!)… Dallas bounced back nice with a thumping of the Vikings and Tony Romo thumping Britney in his off-time (for God’s Sake wrap that bad boy up TR!!)… and the Eagles are still just BAD more so on offense where it’s a one and half man show! I don’t see Phily having the weapons to keep up with the big boys of football, and this will be fun to watch just cause it’s Phily and you never know what the mutants will come up with!!! (Quality ***)

Monday Nov. 5:
Steelers at Ravens:
What to Look for:
Hell I might see more offense at the Devil game that night!! The Ravens are a horrific offensive team and that’s generous, while the Steelers are in cruise control to own the AFC North and I’ve seen nothing out of the Ravens this year to make me think otherwise… so I expect the Steelers to win easy, but you never know.,..Hell Just look at LAST Monday Night! I have to DV-R this cause I’ll be at the Devils game… so expect a late week in review too.. more so if this one is GOOD and I get into it !! (Quailty ***)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#2 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:04 AM

Monday Nov. 5:
Steelers at Ravens:
What to Look for:
Hell I might see more offense at the Devil game that night!! The Ravens are a horrific offensive team and that’s generous, while the Steelers are in cruise control to own the AFC North and I’ve seen nothing out of the Ravens this year to make me think otherwise… so I expect the Steelers to win easy, but you never know.,..Hell Just look at LAST Monday Night! I have to DV-R this cause I’ll be at the Devils game… so expect a late week in review too.. more so if this one is GOOD and I get into it !! (Quailty ***)

First off, the Ravens offense is one of the best in the league in terms of yardage. Its when we get in the redzone that we choke.

Even though these are two great defensive teams and an intense rivalry I would not be surprised to see a 30-28 final score on Monday night.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#3 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,457 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:13 AM

First off, the Ravens offense is one of the best in the league in terms of yardage. Its when we get in the redzone that we choke.

Even though these are two great defensive teams and an intense rivalry I would not be surprised to see a 30-28 final score on Monday night.

17.7 points a game... that's horrific offense!!!
Good offenses SCORE POINTS... good defenses STOP YOU FROM SCORING
I really take it that simply!

last 4 games:

that looks like a Patriot boxscore :P

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#4 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

Sunday November 4:
Bengals at Bills:
Now you start to see why Buffalo fans are deluding themselves about a .500 season!!
They’re in a Rutgers-Level of Cream-Puff schedule now! Another winnable game for them as long as JP Losman just keeps chucking ducks high and far that Lee Evans can run under and get to the house with… and the Bengals have no heart and LESS defense… I can see this happening… again… Marvin Lewis better get ready to start flipping burgers! (quality *)

It is about time this schedule gets better after playing New England, Pittsburgh, Dallas, and Baltimore!!!!!!

I have delu$ion$!!! :koolaid:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#5 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:31 PM

It is about time this schedule gets better after playing New England, Pittsburgh, Dallas, and Baltimore!!!!!!

YEAH!!

I'll root for the Bills to kick those Bungals!! :koolaid:

WHO DEY?

WE DEY!!!!!
Posted Image

#6 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,457 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:43 PM

the marijuana and the smog got to you buddy :P

#7 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,850 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:32 PM

Everyone is picking the Pats but the Colts can do something they can't: Run the ball. And that's how they'll beat the Pats. By controlling the game on the ground with Addai.

Pats 24
Colts 31

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#8 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:16 PM

:boogie: Colts! :boogie:
So Say We All

#9 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,850 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:53 PM

How is the Eagles-Cowboys a 3?

The Eagles who have been up and down all year? If they played the Giants, it'd get half a star. LOL

Crasher, if Dallas loses that, they should be ashamed. :evil:

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#10 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,457 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 12:00 AM

The Eagles who have been up and down all year? If they played the Giants, it'd get half a star. LOL

Phily always plays Dallas tough, just fact of life
and well I need to hype the game to help jack up ratings!

and McNabb and Westbrook can win games by themself... they have 3 times already :P

leave me to my anti-Clown paranoia of thinking of ways my team can lose while he gets high on LA Smog and thinks his team is average!!! :lol:

I'd give Phily/Giants ** 1/2 IF Westbrook had been healthy

no Westbrook and that's a DUD... Phily couldn't beat the Jets practice squad without him!

Edited by CRASHER, 03 November 2007 - 12:00 AM.

#11 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 12:24 PM

When the Giants played the Eagles, they played the Eagles wthout their one offensive star, and a couple defensive stars. A healthy eagles against a somewhat healthy Cowboys (missing Henry, and obviously Glenn) should be for a better game than when the Eagles played the G-Women.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#12 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:27 PM

YESSS!!!

Bungals lost 33-21 vs the Bills! Congrats LOTCB :dance:

Oh man.. This is great! They're 2-6..They're definately out of the Divison, and ...The Playoffs!(If you think that team can win 8straight/7-1 , and turn around their season,... Go check out for a Drug test!)

!!!
Posted Image

#13 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:38 PM

YESSS!!!
Bungals lost 33-21 vs the Bills! Congrats LOTCB :dance:

Oh man.. This is great! They're 2-6..They're definately out of the Divison, and ...The Playoffs!(If you think that team can win 8straight/7-1 , and turn around their season,... Go check out for a Drug test!)

!!!

Why do you call them the Bungals?

And yeah, congradulations LOTCB! Do you $mell a wild card?

Posted Image

#14 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:59 PM

And yeah, congratulations LOTCB! Do you $mell a wild card?

Oh, I'm $melling it alright!!!! Whatever it i$, I am liking it!!!

4-4...after the debacle against Dallas on MNF, what a job by Jauron and the Bills...

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#15 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

And yeah, congradulations LOTCB! Do you $mell a wild card?

Because this is how us, Steelers fans call them!Bengals fans call us Stealers/Stoolers, we call them Bungals or .. WHO DEY? WE DEY!!

And... Bengals-Steeelrs rivarly has been hot, ever since that 2005-2006 Season, ...

You know,... Eagles fans likes to call the Cowboys "Cowgirls"... Same thing for the Steelers fans
Posted Image

#16 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:07 PM

Because this is how us, Steelers fans call them!Bengals fans call us Stealers/Stoolers, we call them Bungals or .. WHO DEY? WE DEY!!

And... Bengals-Steeelrs rivarly has been hot, ever since that 2005-2006 Season, ...
You know,... Eagles fans likes to call the Cowboys "Cowgirls"... Same thing for the Steelers fans

Yeah i just don't get the "Bungals" part of it. Whatever thats cool... anyway the other big game's coming on soon, god i hate playing the Eagles, i always fell like we have no chance (and they proved me right last year now didn't they ;) )

Posted Image

#17 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:16 PM

the Patriots made a strong comeback but with 2 minutes they have the ball an the colts need to stop and score to win

#18 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:33 PM

I think that lived up to the hype of Superbowl 41.5. It was a great game.

The officiating was terrible, but the game itself was great.

I think the difference between the first half (when the Colts held time of possession) and the second half (when the Patriots had their big drives) was Freeney. In the first half he was able to get around the Patriots offensive line and get in Brady's face. Hell, that Addai TD just before half time was all Freeney:
Freeney had been getting to Brady.
He was about to sack him again, so the Patriot defender tripped him, causing a 15 yard penalty.
With 3rd and forever, Brady throws a pseudo-hail-mary (low percentage pass to the end zone) that gets picked off.
Off the turnover Addai gets the TD.

But in the second half, Freeny looked tired. He didn't have near the impact that he had in the first half and Brady was able to put on a show.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#19 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:41 PM

:evilcry:

Oh well, Colts will just have to knock the Pats out of the playoffs with a heathy Harrison.

Refs sucked, even if they did favor the Colts.

I knew we blew it when we got called for offensive penalties leading up to Pats getting the ball back with nine minutes. Harrison playing would've made so much of a difference in this game.
So Say We All

#20 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:15 PM

That had to be the worst officiated game I have ever seen. Aside from that it lived up to all the hype and it went down to the last 5 minutes. It was a tale of 2 entirely different games with both teams showing off their best. Positive for the Patriots is that this might secure them home field advantage for the next matchup. Considering Manning is constantly changing plays and pointing things out probaby more then any quarterback in the leage a rocking Gillette statium should make it tough on him. All in all a great game by 2 great teams and it could have gone either way.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users