7 replies to this topic

#1 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,971 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:02 PM

This is something I am going to do for every game for the T-Devils. I will post game recaps as well in here after the game.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 02 November 2007 - 10:30 PM.

#2 Shtikl

Shtikl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:03 PM

So who's backing up Smith tonight, then? Poor kid got stung for 2 quick red lights before the 3:15 mark in the game, are the T-Devs' D-men letting him down or is he having an off night?
We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses. -- Abraham Lincoln

#3 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:15 PM

John Zdunkiewicz is backing up Smith...no clue who he is!!

Trenton just pulled to within 1 goal, they're down 3-2 now!
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#4 titans04

titans04

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:48 PM

So who's backing up Smith tonight, then? Poor kid got stung for 2 quick red lights before the 3:15 mark in the game, are the T-Devs' D-men letting him down or is he having an off night?

Smith has been ok but not great up until tonight, he'll stand on his head for 50 mins and then give up some weak ones, he seems to get beat to the short side pretty consistantly almost like he's just not positioning himself correctly against the near post. Part of the learning process for sure, but he's being hung out to dry, this team stinks, and with Mills and Castonguay out with injuries the offense is horrible. 3 shots tonight in the first period.

Here's a little info on the backup, in his own words. You'll get the idea.

John Zdunkiewicz
Email 2001 532 W. Brookhaven rd. Apt. K-23
Brookhaven PA
19015 I spent a yr. at Niagara U. as a 3rd string goalie for the D1 team after graduation. After my freshman yr. i transfered to Rider where i was a starting defenseman. I spent the next two yrs. off for financial reasons and now i am going to the Art Institute of Philadelphia where i will be studying Media and Animation.

Edited by titans04, 02 November 2007 - 09:48 PM.

#5 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,971 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:10 PM

http://www.trentonti...y...d=1069&lg=1

PP POWERS NAILERS TO 5-3 WIN OVER DEVILS
Trenton completes road trip tomorrow against Dayton Bombers

WHEELING, WV (November 2, 2007) – Though Trenton was able to battle back from a three-goal deficit, two third-period power play goals by the Wheeling Nailers sent the Devils away from WesBanco Arena with a 5-3 loss.

Down 3-2 in final frame, Beau McLaughlin tied it up for the Devils at 5:46, going to his backhand past Paul Bisonnette before rifling the puck into the top corner for his second goal this season.

Trenton, however, was unable to get over the hump as they got into penalty trouble down the stretch. Defenseman Seamus Young was able to sneak in from the point and tip home a centering pass from Kevin Du for a power play goal at 9:46 that gave Wheeling the lead once again.

Kevin Croxton then put the contest out of the Devils’ reach with 4:02 remaining with another goal on the man-advantage. The Nailers were a perfect on two opportunities in the third period and 3-for-8 for the game.

Wheeling struck early with two goals scored over a span of thirty-six seconds. At 2:35 of the opening period, Kyle Rank floated a backhand from the far circle that worked its way through traffic and over the shoulder of goalie Jason Smith. Paul Bissonnette then made it a 2-0 Nailer lead a short while later, following his own shot and sweeping the rebound across the goal line.

Using a five-on-three advantage that carried over from the first period, Ned Havern put Wheeling up by three goals when he gathered up a loose puck in the slot and slipped under the leg pad of Smith.

The Devils also had their own success on the power play as they tried to get back into the game. Andrew Leach got Trenton on the board with his first goal this season, batting his own rebound over Martin Houle at 10:19 of the second. Trenton then inched within one later in the same stanza with another goal on the man-advantage, this one scored by Trevor Kell. It was the first goal of his pro career.

Smith suffers the loss despite 38 saves on the night. The goaltender also denied Kevin Du on a penalty shot at 11:59 of the second period. The Devils finished 2-for-7 on the power play and were outshot 27-44.

The Trenton Devils finish their five-game road stretch on Saturday, November 3 at 7:00pm against the Dayton Bombers. Tune into 91.3FM-WTSR or go online to www.trentondevils.com and listen or watch live courtesy of B2 Networks.

#6 titans04

titans04

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:27 PM

T-Devils record is now 2-5.

#7 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,971 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:32 PM

T-Devils record is now 2-5.

:doh1: I fixed it

#8 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:36 AM

This is something I am going to do for every game for the T-Devils. I will post game recaps as well in here after the game.

Thank God for a T-Devils thread :)
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users