26 replies to this topic

#1 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:56 PM

I just saw this on CBC bruins sens broadcast.
Anybody else?
He got his stick lifted and wasn't really watching his stick as he drove the net and his blade stabbed dipietro in the eye and dipietro left the game. Crosby whined about getting called for something right afterwards.

It didn't look intentional, but he should have watched himself nonetheless.

I believe it was 4 minutes.
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#2 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:58 PM

I watched that as well but Crosby should not whine about it and 4 mins is a little bit too much, which should be 2 min IMO, but anyway, I hope the pens lose.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#3 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:46 PM

And the Isles wound up winning. Sweet.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#4 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:48 PM

I can't stand Crosby. What a dumb little kid.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#5 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

Crosby is a whiner.. Everyone knows it too, even the NHL players lol.. I remember in an interview last season Alfredsson praised Ovechkin (and rightfully too) that "hes not like the 'other guy' who complains about the calls"..
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#6 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:25 PM

Crosby seems like he is still a spoiled brat. As a kid he was likely given EVERY call (people have been talking about him since he was about 13). The NHL is marketing the hell out of him and he probably is feeling a sense of entitlement. Same how Jordan and Shaq got every call in the NBA for years. With that said, he IS the best player in the world hands down. If they can keep that team together, they will be a dynasty ala the '80's Oilers.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:28 PM

Skill doesn't owe up more respect than discipline of the game.. Biggest example: Jay Pandolfo (despite his current hot-streak)
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#8 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:29 PM

BTW, good work by the Isles tonight.
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#9 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:45 PM

Crosby is a whiny bitch. I'm looking forward to him getting his ass rocked. Sadly, since he's the "Golden Child" whoever rocks him will get a 20 game suspension.

#10 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:47 PM

Crosby is a whiny bitch. I'm looking forward to him getting his ass rocked. Sadly, since he's the "Golden Child" whoever rocks him will get a 20 game suspension.

That is what people said about Gretzky and Lemieux for years. Unfortunately very few could catch them which is a pre-requisite for rocking him.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:09 PM

Agreed, he's an annoying little pantywaste
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#12 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:11 PM

Just saw the highlight. Crosby was right, his stick was lifted into DiPietro's face.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:11 PM

He has to grow into his ego.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#14 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 12:00 AM

and his monster lips as well.....
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#15 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 12:35 AM

and his monster lips as well.....

Ba-zing!!

It's too bad though. The kid is so f-wording talented, but he is such a baby sometimes. Reminds me of a game in the CAA last season... Madden or Pando flipped the puck down the ice, it hits Crosby in the side of the helmet, and he slumps to the bench like he got stabbed, complete with hanging over the boards instead of hopping them.

My favorite part? Some guy behind me who yelled, "Uh oh!! Someone get Crosby a pediatrician!!"
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#16 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 03:17 AM

It looked pretty incidental from what I saw when I got in. But that's scary.

I echo what Steve said about the Isles with the Arbour thing. It looked pretty top notch.

Ironically enough, my Dad had his 40-year HS reunion at the Marriot directly across and he and a few old buddies got tix and caught some of the game. He saw Trottier after in the lobby.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#17 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 03:53 AM

He still did it and should have watched himself better. Once your stick is that high its capable of danger. Watch yourself.
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#18 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:23 AM

Fans of every team save the Devils claim that Brodeur is a whiny diver. And last night only gave them more 'evidence'.

It was/is favourable to hate Gretzky.
It was/is favourable to hate Mario.
It's no surprise to find hoards of people who hate Crosby.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#19 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:43 AM

Fans of every team save the Devils claim that Brodeur is a whiny diver. And last night only gave them more 'evidence'.

It was/is favourable to hate Gretzky.
It was/is favourable to hate Mario.
It's no surprise to find hoards of people who hate Crosby.

yeah but i root for the devils and broduer. i don't root for crosby.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#20 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,971 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:24 AM

If they can keep that team together, they will be a dynasty ala the '80's Oilers.

I think they need to find a better goaltender first. Fleury is way too inconsistent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users