192 replies to this topic

#21 DougieBrown

DougieBrown

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:14 PM

Been trying something different every night.

Had an Italian Double from Jimmy Buff's at the Tastes of Newark stand. Loved it.
Had the chicken fingers and fries from one of the City Grill's. Good, standard fare.
Had the Spanish Sausage sandwich from El Pastora at the Tastes of Newark stand. Little dry, but still good.

Tonight? Going with the pastrami from Hobby's at the Tastes of Newark stand. Hear it's delicious, and am looking forward to it. Oh, and a friend of mine is bringing me into the Fire Lounge before the game, so I'll try some of their fare too.

#22 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:05 PM

I've barely had anything at the arena. The portions are not big enough for the money to me.

#23 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:43 PM

Well the prices of stuff outside the arena's not lovely either... so it works out... I consider it supporting my team

have to admit the new souvenir cups are most kick ass!!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#24 NJTank99

NJTank99

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:00 PM

Had an Italian Double from Jimmy Buff's at the Tastes of Newark stand. Loved it.
Had the chicken fingers and fries from one of the City Grill's. Good, standard fare.
Had the Spanish Sausage sandwich from El Pastora at the Tastes of Newark stand. Little dry, but still good.

Tonight? Going with the pastrami from Hobby's at the Tastes of Newark stand. Hear it's delicious, and am looking forward to it. Oh, and a friend of mine is bringing me into the Fire Lounge before the game, so I'll try some of their fare too.

Give me a report on that pastrami I think Im going for that next week myself
ALL-TIME Wins
Martin Brodeur 595

ALL-TIME Shuouts
Martin Brodeur 108

#25 harpua19

harpua19

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:29 AM

im happy with the fries
"We're coming to your town
We'll help you party down!"

#26 gionta182

gionta182

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:53 AM

I enjoyed the gyros from the Tastes of Newark section. They are small for the price (as usual) but it was a good snack.
"I was just happy I didn't have anymore facial damage. Luckily it was Mike Mottau shooting the puck; He can't hurt a fly with that shot." - Devils center Bobby Holik after being credited with a goal against the Ducks on 1/11/09 after a puck deflected off his helmet and into the net

#27 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,013 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:32 PM

The kebab's were pretty good as well... I don't eat alot and i needed 2 for dinner, but other than that, no complaints ;)

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#28 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:39 PM

DONT buy the cheesesteaks from the upper concourse. You get have a sandwich for $8, avoid!!
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#29 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:38 PM

I had a gordie-burger last night and boy was it warm moist juicy and delicious !!! :koolaid: B )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#30 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

I had a gordie-burger last night and boy was it warm moist juicy and delicious !!! :koolaid: B )

Yummy!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#31 mackchi

mackchi

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 12:50 AM

The Jimmy Buff's double is my secret guilty pleasure.

only 8 bucks

The Portugese pork chunks and potatoes are good too.

Try them all!!!

The concessionaire are the FRIENDLIEST, MOST COURTIOUS I have experienced.

I hope they keep it up! The CAA peeps were not. :boogie: :rolleyes:
LET'S GO DEVILS!

#32 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:41 AM

Where do you get that cuban sandwich Chico was eating during the last game? I'mma try that on weds.. I usually get the pork and potato cubes, and they're great.

#33 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 09:41 AM

I've always gotten nachos at every game I go to, but it seems like the food at the Rock is pretty good so I might start trying other things. I'll probably stop at Jimmy Buff's on Wednesday.

While the nachos are good, I am yet to have a smooth experience with them. The first game I went to, I was waiting for them to get more cheese for the first 16 minutes of the 2nd period until I just gave up. If it wasn't for the fact that I could still see the game from the Mucho Nacho line on the upper concourse, I would have given up sooner. Then I went to the Mucho Nacho downstairs and ended up spending a while on their line for beer and didn't realize it until I got to the front and tried to order nachos. There needs to be some sort of signage to point out which is which.

At the other game I went to, I tried a mucho nacho. I wanted beef but they didn't have any so I got chicken. It tasted good, the problem was that they pile so much stuff on there, but they gave it to me in the smaller tray, while the guy that ordered before me got something cheaper (nacho grande I think) and he got a bigger tray. Not only was it hard to carry with the cheese dripping over the sides, all the cheese piled on top of the nachos made them soggy, and it was impossible to eat them without getting cheese all over my hands. Next time I will ask for them to give it to me in one of the bigger trays so they can put the cheese, salsa, jalapenos, and beef/chicken on the side.

Overall, the mucho nacho was more filling than the regular nachos with cheese, but it was a pain in the ass to eat, and twice as expensive.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#34 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,187 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:05 AM

Where do you get that cuban sandwich Chico was eating during the last game? I'mma try that on weds.

It's behind sections 12 to 15

#35 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:29 PM

the pretzels are horrible. they taste so bad.

#36 Reverend_Hellh0und

Reverend_Hellh0und

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:44 AM

All in the Ice Lounge:

Wings=ok
Pizza=bad, feed it to the visiting team. Bleh
Sausage rolls=dry
Pasta bar=excellent
Carving station beef=excellent
Sushi=excellent, last time they even had an authentic japanese guy trying to keep up.
Steak sammich=excellent

Drinks,

draught beer=good
Bottled beer=some skunked
Mixed drinks=seem watery to my untrained pallette.
My girl found the Pino Grigio most displeasing

#37 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:23 AM

The chicken tenders with the buffalo sauce was outrageous!!

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#38 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:03 PM

Whats the name of the wing sauce they use?

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#39 NJTank99

NJTank99

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:50 PM

Ive been to Taste of Newark and loved it, and now I want to try Top Dog when I go Friday, where is it located?
ALL-TIME Wins
Martin Brodeur 595

ALL-TIME Shuouts
Martin Brodeur 108

#40 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,282 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 09:26 PM

Ive been to Taste of Newark and loved it, and now I want to try Top Dog when I go Friday, where is it located?

I forgot where it is located but I would recommend the LA Okie Dog. It was awesome and I can't wait to get it again, it can be a little messy though.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users