192 replies to this topic

#61 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:50 PM

I tried that LA Oki Dog thing last night, it was pretty good but I didn't think it was that amazing. All I really tasted was the chili and the hot dogs.

They should open up a stand that sells fat sandwiches, grease trucks style.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#62 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:23 PM

I ran into Chico last night - early - -and I asked him"Chickster whats for dinner tonite? he say its a summer theme and rattles off suasage and peppers / french fries w/ malt and lemonade ... Im like awesome, he says that they tape those segments early - and then tells me to come see him if there is anything in the arena that Ive eaten and dont like.
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#63 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:53 PM

I've not been wowed by any food there yet. I guess maybe the annual 4-H fair has me spoiled :giggle:

I'm here for the party

#64 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:18 PM

Where is that stuff that Chico tried the one night with the Chicken and Pork in Garlic Sauce?
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#65 NJTank99

NJTank99

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:26 PM

Where is that stuff that Chico tried the one night with the Chicken and Pork in Garlic Sauce?

I think that was from Taste of Newark, EL Pardo First one on the Left in the Upper Concourse. I had something like that up there it was not too bad its Portuguese.
ALL-TIME Wins
Martin Brodeur 595

ALL-TIME Shuouts
Martin Brodeur 108

#66 DougieBrown

DougieBrown

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:42 AM

OMG! I found true food heaven at the Rock yesterday. I finally had the Hot Pastrami sandwich from the Hobby's Deli stand. Phenomenal! Though I wasn't happy with the $12 tab, it was still extremely delicious. You also get a bag of chips, a small cole slaw, and a nice pickel. Good, good stuff!

#67 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:51 AM

I had NO interest in eating those hotdogs. IMO, they smelled nasty and wouldnt buy them if they were .50 cents.

The chicken fingers look OK, but not for 8 dollars.

I will stick with beer, after all beer is food right?
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#68 moj8681

moj8681

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:29 PM

I had NO interest in eating those hotdogs. IMO, they smelled nasty and wouldnt buy them if they were .50 cents.

Blue Moon, Hoegaarden, Grolsch, Red Hook, Balantine, Stella??? The beer selection at The Rock is dominant. So many choices outside of the standard brews (Bud, Miller, etc)

#69 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:10 PM

Gotta go with the Red Hook and the hot dogs were fine by my section.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#70 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:59 PM

Ya my hot dog was fine.

The cheese with the nachos is different this year... it used to have more spiciness to it, so I was a little bummed when i had the nachos and cheese. I liked the old cheese better! I dont get the other stuff on the nachos so having the spicy flavor in the cheese was good for me. Oh well! Ya win some ya lose some :)
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : [color="purple"]"He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin

#71 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:02 PM

Ya my hot dog was fine.

The cheese with the nachos is different this year... it used to have more spiciness to it, so I was a little bummed when i had the nachos and cheese. I liked the old cheese better! I dont get the other stuff on the nachos so having the spicy flavor in the cheese was good for me. Oh well! Ya win some ya lose some :)

Hehe..."The cheese is sub-par!! Back to the Meadowlands with us!" :lol:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#72 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:52 PM

I know.. im so picky.. but its pretty much the only thing I ate when I ate at games... Im not a big fan of arena food. So probably like 8 times a year I get some nachos with cheese :)
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : [color="purple"]"He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin

#73 DougieBrown

DougieBrown

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:03 PM

I was so happy to find Red Hook's Long Hammer IPA on the upper deck. Yummy.

#74 LA03

LA03

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:19 PM

The chicken fingers really aren't that great at all.

I had a cheeseburger last time I went and I enjoyed it, but that may be because I was absolutely starving.

I want to try the panini sandwiches and also the sushi (though I have my doubts about the sushi)

#75 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:43 PM

The chicken fingers really aren't that great at all.

I had a cheeseburger last time I went and I enjoyed it, but that may be because I was absolutely starving.

I want to try the panini sandwiches and also the sushi (though I have my doubts about the sushi)

A friend of mine tried the sushi and wasn't impressed. I've had the panini twice, which should speak to how good it is, since I'm trying to avoid repeats until I've tried everything that interests me. So far the only two I've broken that personal rule for was the panini and Jimmy Buff's Italian hot dogs.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#76 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:42 AM

Avoid the epreado or however you spell them, on the main concourse. Small for 6.50

HIGHLY RECOMMEND, the pulled pork sandwich!!!
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#77 DougieBrown

DougieBrown

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:04 PM

CHICO'S KITCHEN!!!!

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#78 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,372 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:20 PM

DougieBrown you rule! Thanks a ton!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#79 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:25 PM

Got the hot corned beef sammich at Hobby's last night. While $12 is a little steep, the sandwich was bangin! It was really plain, just corned beef on rye, but the corned beef was so excellent that it didn't need anything else. You also get a pickle, a bag of chips, and a small side of coleslaw. If they sold it for $8 or $9, it would be perfect. But it was really good nonetheless.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#80 Reverend_Hellh0und

Reverend_Hellh0und

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:29 PM

HA! HA!

I bet Chico went to the Carvel Icecream Nazis. Note he did not talk or even show them..... :giggle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users