192 replies to this topic

#81 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:32 PM

Got the hot corned beef sammich at Hobby's last night. While $12 is a little steep, the sandwich was bangin! It was really plain, just corned beef on rye, but the corned beef was so excellent that it didn't need anything else. You also get a pickle, a bag of chips, and a small side of coleslaw. If they sold it for $8 or $9, it would be perfect. But it was really good nonetheless.

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't notice that before. What stand is it at? I don't like rye bread but I love corned beef so I hope that will override the taste of the rye. I also love pickles, chips, and cole slaw so it seems like a good meal.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#82 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:54 PM

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't notice that before. What stand is it at? I don't like rye bread but I love corned beef so I hope that will override the taste of the rye. I also love pickles, chips, and cole slaw so it seems like a good meal.

It's the second to last stand on the right at Tastes of Newark, right next to Jimmy Buff's.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#83 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:03 PM

I tried the corned beef not too long ago...it was FANTASTIC. The turkey breast sandwich is also friggen awesome. I love the dressing they give with it...dipping the sandwich in is the best.

BTW, you don't really notice the rye bread. Granted, I like rye, but the flavor of the corned beef really came through, I think you should be okay fiesty.

Edited by RD, 29 December 2007 - 02:04 PM.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#84 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:36 PM

CHICO'S KITCHEN!!!!

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Good stuff... but I was hoping there would be the one from 12/5 where he got nachos. The look on his face is priceless.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#85 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:06 AM

the texas hot dog was stellar also....
hot dog, chili and BACON... just unfreaking REAL!!!!!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#86 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:09 AM

the texas hot dog was stellar also....
hot dog, chili and BACON... just unfreaking REAL!!!!!!

I assume this was from Top Dog?

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#87 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:40 AM

I assume this was from Top Dog?

ummm... it was downstairs I know this much

and it was YUM!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#88 DougieBrown

DougieBrown

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:54 PM

Okay, stupid question. The battle of the bulge has set in, and I need to diet. Is there a salad stand at the Rock?

#89 LA03

LA03

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:13 PM

Okay, stupid question. The battle of the bulge has set in, and I need to diet. Is there a salad stand at the Rock?

I wish there was. (I too need to start eating way waaay healthier) I can't think of a "healthy" option at the rock. I am going to the game tonight (it was a last minute thing) and truthfully I'm feeling kind of ill (I'm blaming eating at Chilis yesterday -- it was SO good at the time... probably because I was slightly hungover). But now I can't tell if I'm naseous because I'm hungry from not eating all day or because of Chilis or because of both. I really don't think I can stomach chicken fingers, hot dog, or burger right now.

Sushi can be pretty healthy if you don't get anything loaded with mayo or tempura batter.

#90 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:16 PM

I'm thinking of going the Italian Hot Dog route at Jimmy Buffs but may try to explore and find the top dog place, but probably won't since I don't know where it is.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#91 NJTank99

NJTank99

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

I'm thinking of going the Italian Hot Dog route at Jimmy Buffs but may try to explore and find the top dog place, but probably won't since I don't know where it is.

Top Dog is on the lower level around section 1 I believe
ALL-TIME Wins
Martin Brodeur 595

ALL-TIME Shuouts
Martin Brodeur 108

#92 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:47 PM

This is random, but I just realized there's a Jimmy Buffs restaurant like 10 minutes from me up route 10 in the East Hanover/Livingston area. I even ate there once a couple years ago, I didn't even know that it WAS Jimmy Buffs...I feel silly.

Edited by RD, 02 January 2008 - 05:48 PM.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#93 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:49 PM

This is random, but I just realized there's a Jimmy Buffs restaurant like 10 minutes from me up route 10 in the East Hanover/Livingston area. I even ate there once a couple years ago, I didn't even know that it WAS Jimmy Buffs...I feel silly.

Yeah -didnt you hear me talk about the 2 for Tesday?
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#94 bondman99

bondman99

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:37 PM

Yeah -didnt you hear me talk about the 2 for Tesday?

2 for Tuesday....go on!
Posted Image

#95 LA03

LA03

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:51 PM

Don't feel silly I just noticed that place on New Years Eve when I was out shopping and I've been in that shopping center millions of times.

#96 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:09 AM

2 for Tuesday....go on!

On Tuesdays they make all your single orders into doubles for free ! :boogie:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#97 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:33 AM

Don't feel silly I just noticed that place on New Years Eve when I was out shopping and I've been in that shopping center millions of times.

Yeah, my best friend used to work at that Harmon's when we were in high school years ago, so I used to go to that shopping center all the time, but I try to avoid 10 East nowadays, people don't know how to drive at all.

#98 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,940 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:25 PM

If nobody has said it before, the Panini's are fantastic! I absolutely cannot get over them, and i have gotten them very very often. Delish!

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#99 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:17 PM

If nobody has said it before, the Panini's are fantastic! I absolutely cannot get over them, and i have gotten them very very often. Delish!

Agreed.

Also recently discovered the empanadas. Holy hell those were good. Could stand to have some sort of tex-mexy sauce to dip with, but besides that, very top-notch.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#100 NJTank99

NJTank99

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:23 PM

Chico Eats Bar-b-que

I cant wait to see him stop at Jimmy Buff's. I know that's where I'm heading tomorrow.
ALL-TIME Wins
Martin Brodeur 595

ALL-TIME Shuouts
Martin Brodeur 108

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users