#161 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:47 PM

I'm checking out the BCBG on Friday.

God bless you, I still would rather go in the Ironbound before or after a game...but alas I am very very very biased. =-)

#162 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:55 PM

I have a gift card.

#163 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:56 PM

I'm checking out the BCBG on Friday.

Good luck...you are gonna need it.

Save your money. Save your time. place blows.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#164 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:07 PM

Read above post.

#165 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:44 PM

I have a gift card.

All kidding aside, I would suggest after the game rather than before. I feel like if you're not in a rush BCBG is a much better experience. I happen to like it after games...a decent amount of time after the game and on off peak nights. I tend to migrate to my favorite places like Killkennys if I have to eat before games because its good food, no game day prices and well it's my version of "CHEERS".

#166 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:46 PM

Hmm, it looks like the Food at the Rock thread has turned into the Food around the Rock thread.

http://www.njdevs.co...ndpost&p=554648

Although, I see now that that particular thread was placed in the Hall of Fame section.

#167 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:05 PM

95 this sort of ties to my theory on having a Around the Rock section for just Newark stuff. You have the revitalization thread (which is still one of the most informative Newark threads next to the one that exist on Wirednewyork) and a bunch about food or the arena situation. It's just my theory but there is always going to be a desire from fans to find out about the area or look for suggestions.

#168 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Arena food continues to push the culinary limits

Saturday, November 2, 2013

BY KARA YORIO

STAFF WRITER

The Record

Mustard or ketchup, maybe some relish. For decades those were the only choices for sports fans wanting a hot dog while at a game. It was a simpler time.

Prudential Center is now serving up five possibilities, along with its traditional Nathan's dog: a BLT hot dog (bacon-wrapped hot dog in a potato bun with shredded lettuce, plum tomatoes and chipotle mayo), an Italian hot dog (sautéed peppers and onions, potatoes, sun-dried tomato and basil aioli, on pizza bread), the Villa dog (Nathan's hot dog wrapped in pizza bread) and two choices for a Korean hot dog (one with a chicken topping, another with beef).

At the Prudential Center this season, Devils fans will find many new menu items to tempt them away from the hot dog or chicken fingers and fries. The new fare, such as the Korean kiosk, are meant to provide quality choices, not just a higher quantity of them.

"You're not going to fake it in this market," said Pru Center executive chef Niko Marinos.

http://www.northjers...h.GR2krPpV.dpuf

#169 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

I love that Kara Yorio got relegated to writing articles about food kiosks.   It brings me great joy every time they run one of her "features".

#170 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

I love that Kara Yorio got relegated to writing articles about food kiosks. It brings me great joy every time they run one of her "features".

Honestly just curious but what is up with Kara yario hate? I really don't know her work and just recently see people in various places hating on her. Looks like she deserves it but just curious about reason lol

#171 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

Honestly just curious but what is up with Kara yario hate? I really don't know her work and just recently see people in various places hating on her. Looks like she deserves it but just curious about reason lol

She used to be a beat writer for the Asbury Park Press (???, I think that was the paper).   They closed up the beat and now she works for the Record reviewing food kiosks and such.

I don't remember why she annoyed me but she annoyed me.

#172 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

I usually dont eat at the rock.. enless im really hungry... but thr food at the rock sucks still which is no surprise
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#173 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

The chicken fingers are really good.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#174 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

The chicken fingers are really good.

so is wendys...
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#175 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

so is wendys...

I love Wendys.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#176 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

The loaded Nachos over at Mucho Nacho are really good. Messy as hell to eat though. I can never eat nachos there without getting some on my jersey. Haha. The Italian hot dogs and pastrami sandwiches are tasty as well. Steep as hell price wise though

I miss the Newark peanut stand that was there a few seasons ago. A giant bag of plain, honey roasted or chocolate covered peanuts for five bucks.

Edited by TheMazz, 02 November 2013 - 10:53 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#177 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

The loaded Nachos over at Mucho Nacho are really good. Messy as hell to eat though. I can never eat nachos there without getting some on my jersey. Haha. The Italian hot dogs and pastrami sandwiches are tasty as well. Steep as hell price wise though

I miss the Newark peanut stand that was there a few seasons ago. A giant bag of plain, honey roasted or chocolate covered peanuts for five bucks.

That's why I stay away from Nachos at sporting events.  I only eat messy food at places I can have a table.  If I get there early enough, I can eat at the counters upstairs.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#178 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

That's why I stay away from Nachos at sporting events.  I only eat messy food at places I can have a table.  If I get there early enough, I can eat at the counters upstairs.

The ones with the mini TV screens? You lucky SOB the ushers won't let me do that and I get there at like 5:30

Edited by TheMazz, 02 November 2013 - 11:13 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#179 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

The ones with the mini TV screens? You lucky SOB the ushers won't let me do that and I get there at like 5:30

Nah.  I'm talking about the counters on the concourse that gives you a good view of Edison Place.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#180 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

At the game on Friday, I had the Korean hot dog with BBQ beef. Although it was expensive ($7 and change), I gotta say it was delicious. I almost went back to try the Korean hot dog with spicy chicken, but my kid couldn't finish his chicken fingers with fries so I helped him with that instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users