192 replies to this topic

#1 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:55 AM

I was wondering if anyone here has tried the Sushi place at The Rock? Sushi is my favorite food and I eat a ton of it a week, all at the same Sushi place where I have gotten to know the owners. I was just wondering if anyone has had tried the Sushi and was it any good? It looked kind of sketch being arena Sushi being prepared by non-Japanese people but I am willing to try it if you guys have positive things to say about it.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 07 November 2007 - 09:19 PM.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#2 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:06 AM

I dont eat sushi since i dont eat fish, but there was this chubby guy near me eating it and he seemed to have no complaints, lol.

#3 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,908 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:58 PM

I was wondering if anyone here has tried the Sushi place at The Rock? Sushi is my favorite food and I eat a ton of it a week, all at the same Sushi place where I have gotten to know the owners. I was just wondering if anyone has had tried the Sushi and was it any good? It looked kind of sketch being arena Sushi being prepared by non-Japanese people but I am willing to try it if you guys have positive things to say about it.

I'm highly deathly allegeric to seafood, so I naturally did not try it. A friend of mine who is a food snob was unimpressed with it, however.

I do recommend the turkey panini from the harvest cafe stand on the lower concourse, though.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#4 mackchi

mackchi

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:57 PM

I'm highly deathly allegeric to seafood, so I naturally did not try it. A friend of mine who is a food snob was unimpressed with it, however.

I do recommend the turkey panini from the harvest cafe stand on the lower concourse, though.

I saw a guy eating two fish and one smelt.... :whistling:

OK JK...Try a Jimmy Buffs Italian Hot Dog. Really coats the stomach so you can drink lots of beers. Its the last stand on the left at the "Tastes of Newark" concession on the upper level. :boogie:
LET'S GO DEVILS!

#5 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:26 PM

I saw a guy eating two fish and one smelt.... :whistling:

OK JK...Try a Jimmy Buffs Italian Hot Dog. Really coats the stomach so you can drink lots of beers. Its the last stand on the left at the "Tastes of Newark" concession on the upper level. :boogie:

Have you tried the low carb Jimmy Buffs Italian Hot Dog? Anyways....my recommendation is the pastrami sandwich from Hobby's deli from the Tastes of Newark. Thick juicy and yummy!

#6 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,908 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:33 PM

Have you tried the low carb Jimmy Buffs Italian Hot Dog? Anyways....my recommendation is the pastrami sandwich from Hobby's deli from the Tastes of Newark. Thick juicy and yummy!

We should really turn this into a Rock food critique thread. It's going to take me all season to try everything I'd like to.

And I love that they have a stand that serves Blue Moon. I wish it was cheaper, but Blue Moon is not cheap beer, I s'pose.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#7 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:21 PM

We should really turn this into a Rock food critique thread. It's going to take me all season to try everything I'd like to.

And I love that they have a stand that serves Blue Moon. I wish it was cheaper, but Blue Moon is not cheap beer, I s'pose.

Title Edited. B )

Anyone try the Top Dog station? I only had some plain hot dogs, but my friend got some LA something hot dog special there, said it was good so I am going to try that for sure.

I am still yet to try the Taste of Newark section, the sandwiches there sound great.

Mucho Nacho stands are also awesome.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#8 bondman99

bondman99

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:49 PM

Yes, the mucho nacho stands are awesome and a definite improvement over CAA. Was it really that hard to just put some beef on top of the nachos?

Next game I might have to try the sesame chicken or whatever that was from the chinese place because a guy in front of me was eating it and it smelt amazing.
Posted Image

#9 harpua19

harpua19

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:59 PM

no complaints from the ice bar...at least those who were pounding them
"We're coming to your town
We'll help you party down!"

#10 LA03

LA03

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:14 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Blue Moon. I haven't had it at the arena yet though. How muhc are they charging.

I thought my burger was pretty crappy at the last game, but then again it was just a burger. It was just... dry. I did eat it though since I was absolutely starving as I hadn't eaten anything all day.

I'm going to have to try this turkey panini next game.

#11 NJTank99

NJTank99

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:16 PM

I love taste of Newark I cant wait til November 16th when I go back.
ALL-TIME Wins
Martin Brodeur 595

ALL-TIME Shuouts
Martin Brodeur 108

#12 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:35 PM

I overloaded on Sushi from the fire lounge the other night, so fvcking good.

#13 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:02 AM

I got pizza at the game monday, it was pretty good actually

Im going to the Seton Hall game sunday, i think im going to get myslf pizza again or try a hotdog. Mmmmm.

#14 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:49 AM

I'm highly deathly allegeric to seafood

Deathly? How did you find out?
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#15 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 06:29 AM

Maybe he died and they brought him back :noclue:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#16 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,481 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:23 AM

I've had the chicken fingers and fries which was standard fare but good. I also had the Jimmy Buff dog which was good and the pastrami sandwich which was very good. Of course everything is overpriced but that's an arena for you. At least this stuff is overpriced and good. Tonight I think we're hitting up fresh popped popcorn which the team carried over, thank goodness.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#17 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,908 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:24 AM

I've had 3 experiences with it, each one multiple times worse than the last. Since I have never willingly eaten any seafood, all of the reactions came from a small amount of something in food I was eating (the most recent time was shrimp in a few spoonfuls of soup, and I wound up in the hospital because of it). So yeah, thats how. If I have a minor amount of seafood and it puts me in the hospital for two days, you can see what would likely happen with a normal amount.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Blue Moon. I haven't had it at the arena yet though. How muhc are they charging.

I thought my burger was pretty crappy at the last game, but then again it was just a burger. It was just... dry. I did eat it though since I was absolutely starving as I hadn't eaten anything all day.

I'm going to have to try this turkey panini next game.

I believe $8.50. Worth it? Absolutely. But not something I can do every game, or even every other game. :(

#18 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:31 PM

Yes, the mucho nacho stands are awesome and a definite improvement over CAA. Was it really that hard to just put some beef on top of the nachos?

Next game I might have to try the sesame chicken or whatever that was from the chinese place because a guy in front of me was eating it and it smelt amazing.

Where is the chinese place?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#19 bondman99

bondman99

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:43 PM

Where is the chinese place?

I'm pretty sure it was on the upper concourse.
Posted Image

#20 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:52 PM

I'm pretty sure it was on the upper concourse.

That narrows it down somewhat... I'll look around next time, thanks.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users