Photo

Week 10 NFL Thread: Usually CRASHER creates...

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:36 PM

I can't GET TACKLED... if I don't score WE NEVER WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#82 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:37 PM

After all that Hasselback throws an interception and gives them the ball right back... god my high school team could be competitive here

And no niners are 0-2 on 4th down with 7 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter good times

Edited by njdevils783, 12 November 2007 - 10:53 PM.

Posted Image

#83 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:54 PM

you know if a game was EVER fitting for Drew Carey... um... YEAH!!!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#84 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:33 PM

I am wondering with the flex schedule for NBC...will every Pats* game become prime time as New England* marches towards 16-0?

The way flex scheduling works is that NBC already has games scheduled in those slots (ex. this week was originally going to be Chicago-Seattle but changed to New England-Buffalo). Last year NBC didn't preschedule flex games and got into trouble with brutal match-ups late in the season in the AFC and was forced to show a bunch of Denver and San Diego games. Now they have games scheduled and its up to the negotiations whether or not they'll pull them. For every game that NBC takes away from CBS/Fox those two networks get to then protect another game down the road. So the Pittsburgh-New England game is already protected as the highlight game by CBS (the NBC game is scheduled as Indy-Baltimore).

The Patriots will play 2 Sunday night games in a row @Buffalo, vs. Philadelphia, then @ Baltimore on Monday night. The last 2 of those prime-time match-ups were prescheduled. Outside of the already protected Pittsburgh game I don't see either the Jets or Miami games being Sunday night games. Then their final game at the Giants is prescheduled NFL Network Saturday night game.

Edited by mdsieve, 12 November 2007 - 11:34 PM.

#85 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:39 PM

The way flex scheduling works is that NBC already has games scheduled in those slots (ex. this week was originally going to be Chicago-Seattle but changed to New England-Buffalo). Last year NBC didn't preschedule flex games and got into trouble with brutal match-ups late in the season in the AFC and was forced to show a bunch of Denver and San Diego games. Now they have games scheduled and its up to the negotiations whether or not they'll pull them. For every game that NBC takes away from CBS/Fox those two networks get to then protect another game down the road. So the Pittsburgh-New England game is already protected as the highlight game by CBS (the NBC game is scheduled as Indy-Baltimore).

The Patriots will play 2 Sunday night games in a row @Buffalo, vs. Philadelphia, then @ Baltimore on Monday night. The last 2 of those prime-time match-ups were prescheduled. Outside of the already protected Pittsburgh game I don't see either the Jets or Miami games being Sunday night games. Then their final game at the Giants is prescheduled NFL Network Saturday night game.

So wait the Giants game won't be covered by the local stations even though were in the metro area? You have to have the NFL network?
Posted Image

#86 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:51 PM

So wait the Giants game won't be covered by the local stations even though were in the metro area? You have to have the NFL network?

it will be on channel 9 I bet
but also the bars and stuff WILL have it....
as well as those good fellas in ScumCast land!!! B )

#87 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:48 AM

Congress makes the NFL put any games that are on cable (ESPN, NFL Network) on local television so the Pats-Giants game will be on local television in both New York and Boston. As was pointed out it'll probably be on Channel 11 or 9 in New York. Problem is the Green Bay-Dallas game (also on NFL Network) will only be on free TV in those two cities. You'll have to find either a bar or a buddy who had a dish.

#88 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:14 AM

It’s always a sad time when I can’t be in my favorite spot for a football Sunday (when you consider my three favorite things in life… playing goalie… football Sundays at the GREAT Sun Tavern (ok so I’m still biased :P)… and time with the nieces)… I sorta got two of the three, but it’s so not the same when I can’t see all the games… so this week LESS FOOTBALL and MORE SMARK in this week in review!!!

Sunday November 11:
Chiefs at Broncos:

Did you know the Chiefs offense has as many TDs as Randy Moss? Now ya do! That’s a bad thing… and it’s gonna cost Damon Huard his starting job for now (well 6/15 for 83 yards and 2 picks against a DREADFUL and soft Denver defense didn’t help)… and the Broncos did what desperate teams do.. got the ball to Selvin Young for 108 yards… they knock Huard out of the game on a pick 6 connection… and hooray, Shanahan’s softies get to live another day….. I gotta tell ya… as a long time fantasy football player it did me good to see fantasy football ICON, Priest Holmes back on the field and doing well again… hell it even dug Chiefs Guy out from the mothballs (and go figure I’m down the block in Garlic Rose with a birthday party!!)

Bills at Dolphins:
Well the BUFFALO STINKS phenomenon that has revitalized a storied (for it’s pain mind you) franchise back to mediocrity… and if you can be average in “my NFL” you can be playoff worthy!!! But THIS GAME WAS 3-2 FOR THE LONGEST DAMN TIME (it’s a freaking Devils game minus the boring over-forechecking system, hatred of it’s best players and general fan stupidity!)… but then as I was watching the ticker… I saw the score was 10-2 Miami (my god a blowout!!)… and Isabella walked by… “Bella… who stinks….. BUFFALO… BUFFALO TINKS!!!!”.. and by God the next thing ya know..
10-10… this kid is amazing ain’t she?? And somehow Buffalo kicks a late field goal and keeps the phenomena running… and hell no, I am not going back for highlights!

Vikings at Packers:
Well this game was coming close to a debacle anyway as the Vikings had NOTHING to keep close with the Packers who blew the doors off the Vikings early and finished it off (maybe painfully too) by knocking Adrian Peterson out of the game with a minor ligament tear in his knee… putting many contending fantasy football teams (LIKE MINE) on life support! And that was even enough to make FOX go away from this game… after all.. have Brooks Bollinger… will fail!!!

Browns at Steelers:
I told y’all this was the best game of the week on NJDevs… and boy was I right! This game had everything… the Brows come out BLAZING, and rip them down to the tone of 21-6 … but then the Steelers do what good teams do… ADJUST…. And fix things… get it back going… and even despite giving the lead right back in what was one of the most goofy kickoff returns ever… but still, the Steelers shut down the story of the year in Derek Anderson and hold on by the skin of theit teeth (and an IDIOT decision by the browns to take a time out THEN challenge a late play, which cost them a clock stop when they needed it the MOST).. and they come up 2 yards short of an amazing game tying field goal (and making us forget that SICK catch Juravicious made to set up the 52 yarder) I could SO watch this game again!

Rams at Satins:
You know I kept having this feeling about the Saints and they were a little soft and they could be in trouble in this one… but holy god that was a total pushing in of the sh!t behind them!!! The Rams just came in and beat their faces all over the place … but ended up in so much shock of OH MY GOD WE’RE WINNING… and forgot what to do… but recover an onside kick and the Fraud that is the Saints is revealed!! (though they are still contending in that horrid division in the NFC South!)

Jaguars at Titans:
A desperate team in the Jaguars came out punching in this one and won the battle of the first to get the running game GOING to win it here… and the Jags stomped out to a quick 14-0 lead behind Maurice Jones-Drew and Fred Taylor (has there even been as quiet a 10,000 yard career as Fragile Freddy?).. the Titans could only respond with field goals… and yeah, when you need Vince Young to pass the ball… at this point… yeech!! No I am not ready to send him to the dog killing world of Michael Vick, but he’s not gonna be able to win games with his arm (his will to win is as strong as Vick’s to kill dogs though!) and like I said before, the Jags needed this game a LOT more then the Titans did (though they are kicking themselves for not taking advantage of a chance to catch the Colts)

Eagles at Redskins:
Umm.. what the hell to say about this one… but I guess it goes with my theme of desperate teams again… hell the Redskins were DESPERATE to find a WR in the end zone and it happens THREE TIMES and the Eagles look finished again… but there is an annoying trend this year… back in week one of the year a desperate (again :P) Rick Scalia calls me and offers me Peyton Manning for Reggie Bush and Donovan McNabb (see it was related)… and how can you pass up THAT sucker trade?? So I took it… and so far BOTH weeks I’ve played mister Overrated.. McNabb’s been awesome, and he uses that little Westbrook guy kinda good (almost another 200 yard game, and 3 trips to the end zone).. and even the pathetic Eagle receivers find the end zone!.. amazing how the billion dollar minds on the Redskins coaching staff can’t figure out a way to hold on to a 28-6 lead!!! The Redskins may still make the playoffs (and either Wild Card team SHOULD beat the awful Bucs and Seahawks) but the game has really passed on team Gibbs

Atlanta at Carolina:
Oh come on I wasn’t going to watch this football abortion if I was at the bar where I should be for the games… there’s NO WAY IN HELL I am digging up some recaps on it!!! Yay Falcons… and you’re a disgrace Panthers… NEXT!

4pm:
Bengals at Ravens:

Well at least Rudi Johnson came back… there’s not a lot to day about a team that wins by kicking SEVEN FIELD GOALS (and yes somewhere Rob Bironas was cringing over the fact that his new-found 8 FG record was in major jeopardy…) And I’m still way behind on games this week and do you really think I watched anything but the Dallas Cowboys stomping a mudhole and walking it dry?? I declared this over at 6-0 (let’s be honest the boring trap Rangers have a better chance of scoring 6 in a week of hockey then the Ravens do in relevant football time… and yes I know about the garbage touchdown late)…so yeah… yay Bengals…. Fire EVERYONE on the Ravens!

Bears at Raiders:
Boy there was a lot of football for people on the short bus this week ain’t it? And speaking of the short bus... WE HAVE A REX GROSSMAN SIGHTING!! (7/14, 150 yards and a TD and NO PICKS.. how bad are the Raiders eh?)… filling in for the smacked around Brian Griese (cause he was always so durable right?)… and seeing how low Cedric Benson’s yard per rush total can be (29 carries and 76 yards, Jesus Laflamme whines more per carry then that!).. anyway.. the Raiders stink… play Russel already… and I’m done faking that I paid attention to this game!!!

Lions at Arizona:
When not only are you relying on John Kitna (who still SUCKS on the road people!), but you run for NEGATIVE YARDS.. and Kurt Warner looks like an NFL QB… good things will happen in Arizona (who if Warner can keep his arms intact can actually carry this team to a playoff chase with the Seahawks, who are out of 49er gimmies!)… Edgarin James helps too though…(best running back in the crappy division?)… big big win for the Cardinals and the Lions could really afford this loss (they’ll get some on the Giants next week!)

Cowboys at Giants:
Well let’s get this out of the way and I can get back to what I do!! DAMN I ENJOYED THE RESULT HERE…I can’t get enough of pissed off Giant fans cursing me out, it gives me as much joy as the time with my nieces (and roughing up people in goal… wow look … I meshed my 3 favorite things into one sentence… good man!) Anyway…for a game that was supposed to be a game where the Giants were gonna stand up and play with the big dog, and shove that “legendary pass rush” in Tony Romo’s face and “expose” him (yes I am firing back at all the garbage I heard on NY Radio this week!)… you’d think they might want to SHOW UP FOR THE SECOND HALF!!! Bad penalties… and for GOD’S SAKE HOW DOES YOUR BIG TIME QB COME UP DEER IN HEADLIGHTS AND TAKE THREE… THREE…. THREE!!!!... Delay of game penalties!! That’s HORRIBLE on the HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL! And yeah then the Cowboys just started exploding with the ball and scoring at WILL.. and when all you can do is put up field goals… it’s kick wham STUNNER.. and the Giants could freefall again (4-15 after the bye and something awful like 8-17 in the second half under Coughlin).. it could get ugly if the Lions win…..

8pm:
Colts at San Diego:

Well this was a fun little clusteredfvck of a game wasn’t it?? The Chargers storm out to a big lead with Manning looking like Eli and getting picked left and right (5 picks in the first half… sounds familiar….)… but Peyton is NO TONY ROMO and he can’t overcome this … no matter how bad San Diego TRIED LIKE HELL to give it back to them… crazy INT’s all over the place… kick returns…. Fumbles… that retarded interception in the end zone that tipped off three people, an ass, two legs and the rest of the crazy stuff…man oh man can the Colts be any more injured too?? (they could still beat 2/3 of the league with this team though)… gotta think the Colts will get more healthy and keep the 2-spot somehow (oddly with some Patriot help).. and recover… even with the mighty Vinateri missing easy field goals TWICE… just a weird freaking game!! And yes I have not mentioned the Chargers… NOR SHOULD I.. the Colts LOST this… the Bolts just happened to be there….

Monday Nov. 12:
49ers at Seattle:

Man for Mike Nolan this game may be as painful as his father’s death… that’s just BRUTAL and so was this game… all the chances the 49ers got from the sloppy, ripe to be beat Seahawks… but the 49ers got their ONLY first down of the half (and TOTAL passing yards for the half) on a desperation bomb that Battle somehow grabs and no one cares enough to review this three headed stepchild! And the only reason I talk more about this game is it was so BAD it was FUN to watch… and you know a game sucks when it’s FITTING that Drew Carey is involved!

NFL Week 10 Power Rankings:
AFC:
1. New England… less is more!
2. Indianapolis… half their team is still enough to push SD to the brink!
3. Pittsburgh… scary semi-contenders, big Ben is arriving!
4. Cleveland… respect in defeat!
5. Jacksonville… big win when it was needed most!!
(yes I should have San Diego there… fvck em !!!)

NFC:
1. Dallas… who’s our bitches??
2. Green Bay… 16 days boys… 16 days!!!
3. Tampa Bay.. not playing makes them look better!
4. Seattle…the NFC is really bad if I am considering this putrid team anywhere near the top!
5. NY Giants… oh how the mighty are falling!

#89 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:11 PM

Tampa??? #3???? The NFC DOES SUCK
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#90 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:23 PM

Tampa??? #3???? The NFC DOES SUCK

Bingo!
Good luck trying to make a top 5 in the NFC without looking stupid!

#91 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:18 PM

Say what you want about the Giants, but they are clearly better then Seattle and Tampa Bay....Giants might have been a bad holding penalty from winning on Sunday

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#92 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:28 PM

Say what you want about the Giants, but they are clearly better then Seattle and Tampa Bay....Giants might have been a bad holding penalty from winning on Sunday

Giants 3 losses are to the Cowboys and Packers both of which are clear playoff teams. Outside of that there beating a 0-9 Miami, a 1-8 Jets, a 2-7 niners and you throw in a 3-6 atlanta win, a 4-5 phili win, and a 5-4 washington win and its clear that the Giants have reallly beaten noone. The New York media really built that winning streak up to be more then it was. That team doesn't stand a chance against any true playoff contender.

Gotta remember the Bucs went through a tough stretch where they lost to the 7-2 Colts, they beat the 6-3 Titans, Lost to the 6-3 Lions and 6-3 Jaguars. I mean whats key there is they all have winning records. At this point I'd have to agree with Crasher although in reality they are all equally bad.

Edited by njdevils783, 13 November 2007 - 07:30 PM.

Posted Image

#93 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:08 PM

I did go around saying at work all day today that either wild card team will beat either NFC South or West winner they face (could be New Orleans or Arizona too :blink: )

#94 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:36 AM

More bad news for the Colts... Dwight Freeny expected to miss a few weeks and possible be out for the season.

as per ESPN....

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3108696
Posted Image

#95 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:26 AM

the Colts did add Simeon Rice off of the waiver wire... this time of year that's as quailty a pickup as you can get though....

they are an injury filled MESS now however

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users