87 replies to this topic

#1 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,492 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:27 PM

This could be a week we learn alot on who's real or not in the NFL with some of these matchups.. and even better so.. not a lot of clunkers either!!!

Sunday November 18:
Miami at Phily:
How do the Eagles get this game at home but have to go to New England ?? (OK I just wanted the scumbag Phily fans to have a chance to be what they are to the Pats!)… but still if you’re watching this game you obviously own Brian Westbrook, though the Dolphins are so bad this could be the one game they win without him! I guess if you like suffering (and yes that means you root for Miami)… you’re curious to see how Beck does in his first test under fire…. History says it won’t be good…. Rating * ½

Atlanta at Tampa:
Good God is it scary that the embarrassing Falcons with a win are ONE GAME from the Division Lead … holy hell!!! But with that in mind, Tampa’s been a feel-good story this year (even with the limited talent and massive RB injuries) they’ve been a solid team and it’s amazing to see Joey Galloway get seemingly faster as he gets older….Atlanta is a miracle to be at 3 wins at this point, I can’t see them making a run and it won’t start here! Rating * ½

Browns at Ravens:
The nails are being slammed in the Ravens one by one and I have to say it would be kinda sweet to see the Ravens get buried by the new team in the city they turned their backs on all those years ago (yes I am still bitter).. the Ravens are total joke and they can’t lose enough… and just to turn the screw a little more… THE RAVENS DRAFTED AND GAVE UP ON DEREK ANDERSON YEARS AGO… ain’t life a bitch guys?? …This should be fun to watch to see if the Ravens really do have any gas in the tank…. Rating **

Chargers at Jags:
Well the Bolts pulled out the miracle of MIRACLES last week as it was, and now do they get a break and a chance to check themselves? Not really because no team can come out and pimp slap you around like the Jaguars (well maybe the Titans too)… I said it last week I don’t believe a damn thing from the Chargers till they showed me something… and all they showed me last week was they wanted to lose that game as passionately as humanly possible, so I do expect them to get the holy piss beat out of them here! But if that Cromartie dude can score another 2 TDs this week.. maybe they got a chance to make this fun at least … Rating *** (I know It’s a better game then I want to credit it for cause I am pissed at San Diego)

Saints at Texans:
Reggie Bush, the homecoming!!! Both of these teams are a mess and not playing anywhere near as good as they should be… that in itself makes for a fun game of football though!! Both of these teams are a bit similar, throw the ball lots.. use the run a little… play crap defense… but this is the first time in a LONG time the Texans are at full strength and I liked what I saw from them back 8 games ago when they had all their weapons (and when it comes to the Saints they are the NFC Version of the Chargers)… Rating ***

Giants at Lions:
Again another almost gotta watch football game at 1pm here… the Giants are another loss away from the rumblings coming back… 8-17 after the bye with Coughlin… Tiki Barber can have another NBC Press Conference on how they miss him…the defense is soft and folds in the big spot (Tony Romo’s still waiting for your “vaunted pass rush” boys!) and oh by the way the Lions are 4-0 at home and as dangerous and explosive as an offense can get in the NFL and with that psycho Mike Martz calling plays.. who the hell knows what’s coming next ?? Both teams need to win this one to validate their record and spot as the second-tier in the NFC and it should be a good one… one extra worry for the Giants.. Plaxico’s ankle is getting worse each week…. But still… big players show up in big games at big times… Rating ***

Chiefs at Colts:
Damn the football quality is getting better as the season winds on (only to get us ready for the playoff MASSIVE letdown :P).. but this too is a huge game.. can the Colt practice team with Peyton at the helm do enough to get past the Colts? CAN THE CHIEFS GET A FIRST DOWN BEFORE THE 4Th QUARTER THIS TIME? (Yes I do remember!) Is Brody Croyle the answer?? Can the Colts go from the second golden team in the league to losing three in a row?? Damn this is a big game… another one to be looking forward to! Rating: ***

Carolina at Green Bay:
OK, this game is gonna be a disaster.. Carolina has come apart at the seams.. no QB, less of a running attack and the pass rush has gone dead… and the Packers are just ROLLING at this point… and the steamroller keeps chugging here… Rating * ½

Raiders at Vikings:
Gah, the price you pay for all the good games is heaping sweltering piles of crap like THIS, there is no reason in the world to sit through this game… No Peterson, no Russel… and Justin Fargas and Chester Taylor?? I cry now! Rating DUD

Cardinals at Bengals:
The Cardinals are actually playing for something now (Seattle stinks and if they can turn Kurt Warner into a terminator so his body holds up, they can win the West)… the Bengals are fighting to keep the crappy coach’s job… eh… I’m not buying that… Cinci is still a mess, so any idea which way I like in this one?? Rating ** ½ (has the potential to be an offensive love fest!)

4pm:
Jets at Steelers:
Hey Pittsburgh… leave some of the Jets for the Cowboys to pounce on this week would ya?? Though you can’t send the Jets into Dallas demoralized enough for me! This might be fun to watch to see if Willie Parker gets over his end zone allergy.. other then that I can’t really make a case for this one being good at all (unless this is a trap game for the Steelers ..nope they play Miami on MONDAY NIGHT next week… dear god).. yeah… this one will be over fast! Rating *

Chicago at Seattle:
Was it only a year ago that this was for the right to play in the NFC Title Game?? God damn that feels like 10 years ago! The Bears I think are back with REX at the QB, and that always makes it fun, but this game just ain’t got the juice in it that it used to… if I get to see it I’ll root for the Bears cause I wanna see a 7-9 team JUST ONCE win a Division in the NFL… so that’s my best chance to make it so! Rating * ½

Rams at 49ers:
How bad is San Fran now?? The 1-8 team is a THREE POINT ROAD FAVORITE!!! Heh, that’s funny… and they are the better team… well at least they have an offense… but we need the Niners to win somewhere (imagine a 19-0 Pats with the first pick in the draft cause the Niner front office has downs syndrome!).. but it will be good to see the Rams offense of old crank it up for one Sunday yet again… give the people who suffered with Steven Jackson a bone for the season… Rating ** (the 49er offense is so bad it’s funny now)

Redskins at Cowboys:
Ah, the game, the teams the RIVALRY… and Washington’s been giving Dallas fits for years now, be it Santana Moss and his crazy stupid long TDs (looks like he’s not playing this week though… yay!)…this game is always a battle… but a Dallas win herealmost clinches the NFC East for them (4-0 in the Division and a massive lead in every tiebreaker on the planet)… if these two teams didn’t totally hate each other this could be a squash game… but it should be watchable because of who is involved! Rating ** ½

8pm:
Patriots at Bills:
Nice of NBC to schedule a squash on a PPV Weekend, since I don’t think I might have much interest in this one, the Pats are immortal at this point… and the power of BUFFALO STINKS ain’t THAT strong… sorry bud… you’re getting served on National TV tonight… even more so with no Marshawn Lynch!! Rating * ½

Monday Nov. 12:
Titans at Broncos:
Ohhh…. GOOD STUFF HERE!! I like the Titans… like the coach and like the way they line up and pound your face in… and I like it more since the Denver team is soft, gutless and can’t stop anyone on defense still (not to mention very beatable at home)… this to me means they are gonna put a lot on Jay Cutler in this game… and I don’t think he’s there yet… don’t ya wish you had Jake Plummer still?? Rating: ***
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#2 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:59 PM

Hummm... Lets see...

The Jets have a Second year QB, who'll play against an aggressive blitzing team, led with D.Coordinator Dick LeBeau... The Jets have one of the worst running Defense, and the worst DEF in the NFL. And your going to play FWP, Big Ben, Holmes,Ward and compagnie.

Steelers 31 Jets 14

:o

I'll watch that game, it'll be fun.. I hope FOX OR CTV OR CBS diffuse this match-up... Or, I'll have to watch it on sopcast :angry:

PATS @ BILLS"....

No Lynch... And I don't think into a marginal upset.. Sorry LOTCB....

:(
Posted Image

#3 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:53 PM

This Pats game really is setting up to be a trap and has all the makings of a flat or slow start by the Pats. I think it might be closer then allot of people are expecting.
Posted Image

#4 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:19 PM

I CAN'T fvckING BELIEVE THAT WE LOST AGAINST THE PUTRID JETS...

WOW.

19-16.

WHY IN THE WORLD THEY WENT FOR A 4RTH DOWN,(4RTH AND 6) IN OT, IN THEIR TERRITORY..(PITTS 20).

11-5 or 12-4...

They better win the next damn week.
Posted Image

#5 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:20 PM

:o The Jets won!?

#6 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:37 PM

:o The Jets won!?

Yes, the Steelers O-line played like sh!t.(And I'm polite for using this word.).

I think they'll have to go...

1st round: Lineman
2nd round: Lineman
3rd round: Corner Back
4rth round: Lineman.
Posted Image

#7 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:38 PM

How bout them, oh my god I'm still shaking, how the heck did they break down then pull that off, COWBOYS!?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#8 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,492 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:39 PM

Hey Jets congrats on shutting up TZ and the Steelers... see you ladies on Thursday!! :evil:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#9 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:42 PM

Hey Jets congrats on shutting up TZ and the Steelers... see you ladies on Thursday!! :evil:

:blahblah:

We lost a game that we should have won.. Too bad, so sad. Lets move on and win the next game...

Oh and... Screw you and your Cowgirls CRUSHERR!!!!

:evil: :P
Posted Image

#10 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:45 PM

Crash, what are we supposed to do with this defense, because lemme tell you, i HATE it, and I'm sure alot of people do as well....

Posted Image

#11 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,995 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:46 PM

We lost a game that we should have won.. Too bad, so sad. Lets move on and win the next game...

Eh how many times have the Jets lost games they should have won this year :P Even in this one they blew a double-digit lead and farted away three first-and-goals in regulation. For once our D did the job, the Steelers' offense either took the game off or Mangini rediscovered his brain during the bye.

Edited by Hasan4978, 18 November 2007 - 07:48 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#12 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,887 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:49 PM

great game by the Jets! They should've had it in regulation but Brad Smith dropped an easy TD in the last 30 seconds or so. Nice to see the defense step up with a huge effort against an elite team.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#13 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,492 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:49 PM

:blahblah:
Oh and... Screw you and your Cowgirls CRUSHERR!!!!
:evil: :P

Oh yeah, did you also see how I am pounding you like cheap veal in the fantasy game... thanks to.... TONY ROMO... sleep on that with your cheap C minus training beer :P :evil:

Crash, what are we supposed to do with this defense, because lemme tell you, i HATE it, and I'm sure alot of people do as well....

Defense had a bad day today yes
but it seems we can play well against anyone who doesn't have a receiver named MOSS
and also ... be fair... the kid Campbell played WELL too... some times you have to credit the other team too!

#14 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:10 PM

Oh yeah, did you also see how I am pounding you like cheap veal in the fantasy game... thanks to.... TONY ROMO... sleep on that with your cheap C minus training beer :P :evil:
!

I HAVE MCNABB FTW!!!!

:koolaid:

Eh how many times have the Jets lost games they should have won this year :P Even in this one they blew a double-digit lead and farted away three first-and-goals in regulation. For once our D did the job, the Steelers' offense either took the game off or Mangini rediscovered his brain during the bye.

The O-line didn't play that good, which led to our defeat.

The Jets played better and congrats to them.

Now, I hope we can win our 3next games...
Posted Image

#15 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,492 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:19 PM

unless McNabb got you THIRTY POINTS today, you were still getting STEAMROLLED... DOMINATED.. the can of WHOOP ASS was digested!! :evil:

Anyone see that celebration when the Seattle kicker tackled Hester?? oh it was GOLD!! B )

#16 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:29 PM

unless McNabb got you THIRTY POINTS today, you were still getting STEAMROLLED... DOMINATED.. the can of WHOOP ASS was digested!! :evil:

Anyone see that celebration when the Seattle kicker tackled Hester?? oh it was GOLD!! B )

If I'm correct Nabb left the game in the second with a high ankle sprain :P

And Tony is taking me in my money league to the TOP this year!!! $3,400 here i come!!

Posted Image

#17 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,492 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:38 PM

If I'm correct Nabb left the game in the second with a high ankle sprain :P
And Tony is taking me in my money league to the TOP this year!!! $3,400 here i come!!

that would be accurate... and AJ "Touchy" Feely lead them to victory (hey Miami... if you're going to make moron calls on 4th and 2 like that... STOP SHOWING UP would ya?? :P)

Well sadly I think i am sunk in my money league.... but I am ROARING back in NJDevs! :koolaid:

#18 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:53 PM

anyone watching bills/pats game? Bills just scored a TD (they are losing 14-7 now) and they showed some fan in the crowd with an old buffalo sabres jersey (black/red/gray/white one) :P
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#19 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:18 PM

Patrits onlaught is on, 21-7 and its only start of 2nd
Posted Image

#20 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:31 PM

Patrits onlaught is on, 21-7 and its only start of 2nd

Patrits onlaught is on, 21 28-7 and its only the 2nd

Edited by Martysb3tt3r, 18 November 2007 - 09:31 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users