87 replies to this topic

#81 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:36 PM

Absolutely. I think it's going to be one of the underdog teams that stops the winning streak. And the playoffs are a whole different beast entirely. People saying that this season is a foregone conclusion are mad.

I dunno, this team is so much ahead of most of the league (and as a WHOLE the talent in the NFL is massively down and flat out PUTRID at the bottom :P)... they'll win the games
but I worry about a team that lives by throwing the ball in bad weather in the north east in January....
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#82 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:39 PM

Geez just miserable play by Vince Carter in the 4th... falling back 17 yards for a sack when he should have just went down for a 5-10 yard loss... 2 miserable interceptions. He tries threading a needle on the first in the 4th and on the second one he again got caught going back and was worried about the sack so he just lofts into the center of the field. Was expecting a bit more but oh well.
Posted Image

#83 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:44 PM

he did have a miserable 4th quarter... but when your go-to reciever is Eric Moulds... then suck with the pass you MUST!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#84 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:05 PM

sorry it's a little late... I was lazy :P

Ah, it was good to be home on this Sunday and doing what I do best (pissing off the locals with wit and wisdom!) and enjoying what was a really really good football Sunday of games… and I can actually talk about the GAMES this time eh!

Sunday November 18:
Miami at Phily:

Well this was a total disaster to watch, as the Dolphins find newer, funner and more dumber ways to lose games… even with McNabb out of the game, the Dolphins strumble and bumble and inept themselves to the greater defeat… hell THEY HAVE FOURTH AND GOAL ON THE TWO YARD LINE AND RUN A RUNNING PLAY THAT LOSES 13 YARDS… how is that even POSSIBLE?? Guess it’s the Cam Cameron way, eh? I’d say good win for Phily but it’s the bone being thrown at them for the fact the Pats will be pushing their sh!t in heavy next week… God speed AJ Feeley!!!!

Atlanta at Tampa:
Wow, does Byron Leftwich SUCK or what? He was just terrible in this ame and Tampa’a D looked pretty good, and did what it had to… Jeff Garcia was good again and the ageless Joey Galloway just never stops! Tampa’s looking more and more like this division is all locked up already and now they need to focus on maintaining and getting out of the first round should be the goal now…. As for Atlanta… well at least Vick is going to jail now… he should be forced to watch this team as punishment!

Browns at Ravens:
Again, the Browns were the fun game of the week, despite the fact that teams traded defensive touchdowns, the Browns D is no wonder, but when you have Derek Anderson and Braylon Edwards and the wackiest field goal of the year (off the post and the BACK of the cross bar but GOOD, try doing that again!)… and you just havee the most fun game of the day!! Wish I had seen more of it and I WISH CBS WOULD HAVE SHOWN THE FLIPPING OVERTIME… I was so into this damn game and I have to see Boomer Esiason’s useless face on my TV smiling and doing play by play… THAT IS JUST WRONG!! Damn you Boomer… damn you to hell!!!

Chargers at Jags:
Why were people surprised by this? I sure wasn’t… the Chargers are as soft a division winner as you will see… I like the NFL Network Analogy, teams reflect your coaches, and this coaching staff is way too mellow and LOST already (don’t worry Bill Cowlher’s salary goes up and up with each pitiful loss).. and David Garrard came out firing and just whipped up on the soft Chargers, keeping them in the wild wild AFC South race (best division in pro sports right now!)….I’m really done with the Chargers this year, but I hate the Broncos and Shanahan at this point more!

Saints at Texans:
Speaking of soft teams, let’s meet the Chargers, NFC Style… you line up a good offense on them and throw that sh!t down the field and you WILL whip them but good… and I think Andre Johnson is still running past the Saint “Defenders” and it was good to see.. yeah the Chargers… err.. SAINTS… got a little offense in… but you can NOT build an offense around Reggie Bush… he can’t pound the football like a RB NEEDS to, and the Texans just lit them up to put themselves at 5-5 and keep the quiet but solid rebirth of that team going!

Giants at Lions:
Unwatchable clusterfvck of a football game, with neither high powered offense able to get out of it’s own way (a lot of that I blame on that other fool Mike Martz… yeah let’s run 4 wide spreads and not help my tackles on that offensive line, so my QB gets KILLED… good job!!)… the Giants D was all over Kitna and forcing bad throws all over the place… the big worry of this game.. the Giant offense looks REALLY bad and lethargic without Plaxico (who is getting worse and not better each week)… and both teams will likely be in the Wild Card spots (with even Detroit having a one game lead on Washington and Arizona/Seattle)… and both should probably win their first round game still…..

Chiefs at Colts:
It was good to spar with the Chiefs Guy yet again! And it lead to the line of the week here… it’s 4th and 2, 10-10 game early 4th quarter… midfield… and the Chiefs punt (the right thing)… and Chiefs guy goes all batty… he’s all yelling at them punting.. and he’s all pissed off… screaming about the punt… and I disagree with him… he then goes to me… you know what the difference is between you and me… and I go… five Super Bowls?? Conversation ended !!! Anway, I give the Colts credit for winning this one… half their team is hurt and not playing… mister Field Goal, Vinateri, missed two kicks !?!??! And they still find a way

Carolina at Green Bay:
David Carr I hope you saved your NFL Money, cause when Vinny is better then you HEALTHY.. it’s time for a day job… or the CFL.. same thing.. you’re finished in the NFL… and this game was over the minute Steve Smith was deactivated.. no defense.. no weapons… no running game… that’s a Green Bay SQUASH indeed! Favre rolls and the squash was intact… nothing really to see here!

Raiders at Vikings:
Gah… tough game to watch and even worse to recap… Culpepper was good yardage wise but turned the ball over WAY too many times… Chester Taylor looked like Adrian Peterson (*sobbbbbbb*), and the Vikings hold on against one last drive to get win no one cares about… the Raiders can talk to me when they play Russel… same with the Vikings and Peterson!

Cardinals at Bengals:
Will the Bengals win another GAME this year?? I doubt it wholly! Kurt Warner seems to be healthy and when he can throw the ball to those beast receivers, they’re going to win more games then they can lose…. Add in a soft and lost team…especially on defense… Carson Palmer throws 4 picks… and this game was disaster indeed!

4pm:
Jets at Steelers:

Heh, who saw THIS coming?? Basically the Steelers came out and treated this game like a bye week (and can’t say I blame them since this became their 9th home game this year with the place about 70% Steelers fans)… but I think the crowd pissed off the Jet PLAYERS.. they saw and took it as “hey our fans think THIS LITTLE of us to let all those Scumbag Steeler fans buy their tickets” (after all it’s not like it was Dallas fans who are good for the world :P).. “lets go out there and WHIP them and show them who’s house this is!” and it kinda showed… Thomas Jones looked like an NFL Back…the Jets had a pass rush… and even with the Jets playing their BEST… it took OVERTIME to win… bad bad bad loss for the Steelers who napped all game… and for the Jets… Congratulations ladies… see you Thursday!!!

Chicago at Seattle:
Another tough to watch game, but oddly enough Rex Grossman was decent today (no thanks to a soft Seattle D)… but it was the Bears D that failed and was chopped up by Matt Hasselbeck who threw at WILL on the Bears and sliced and diced a porous, but finished team to keep the Cardinals off their heels (and this is not helping my quest for 7-9!!) BUT Seattle/Arizona is gonna be HUGE!

Rams at 49ers:
A tale of two teams…one was 2-0 and crashed HARD back to Earth… one was 0-8 and got all their players back!! Can you tell which one came out in this game? The Niners do play hard but they are as bad an offensive team as you have in the No Football League! And if you think I spent a lot of time on this one with Trent Dilfer throwing up sweet uglies… no thanks!! Yay Rams, you held on… here’s a cookie!

Redskins at Cowboys:
Boy this game was a little scarier then it SHOULD have been…but this is a Dallas trend of late… play like total crap in the first half… get some points late before the half and wake up in the third quarter… one problem with that formula… Santana Moss….. seems any WR named Moss, not playing for the Giants, just KILLS this team this year… and Moss’ 121 yards and 2 TDs gave the Cowboys too much of a hissy fit and kept this damn game TOO close! But Terrell Owens was 2 TDs better (and I never cheered a TO-drop as much as the last second interception!), and the Dallas D did JUST ENOUGH to hold on for dear life and pull this one out… *PHEW*

8pm:
Patriots at Bills:

Well this was an unwatchable disaster wasn’t it?? The Bills got nothing on offense and the defense got shredded and again the Patriots come out and just SMOKED the Bills and basically stomped on any good will the BUFFALO STINKS era has done to the Bills (BTW, when I went to my sister’s house she says it to me at random now… and boy DID THEY on Sunday!)… At this point I think I talked too much today as is!

Monday Nov. 12:
Titans at Broncos:

Weird game that went against what you expected it to be.. the run first and second teams come out throwing the ball like mad… the difference is when you WR’s like Stokely and Marshall… and you don’t as the Titans… you are NOT gong to win the throw the ball derby (Vince Young did look decent throwing the ball till too many 4th Quarter Mistakes killed him)… and the Broncos get themselves back into the AFC West race.. frankly DESPITE themselves and keep at it!

Power Rankings, Week 11:
AFC:
1. New England… um… duh!
2. Colts… half a team is still twice most of the AFC
3. Jacksonville… pounded them Chargers!
4. Cleveland.. long live the long field goal!!!!
5. Pittsburgh… the JETS !?!?? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

NFC:
1. Dallas… TO still running!
2. Green Bay… 9 days friends… 9 days!!!
3. NY Giants… best of the rest
4. Tampa Bay… they keep winning….
5. Arizona.. the power of Warner compels them!

#85 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:57 PM

Atlanta at Tampa:
Wow, does Byron Leftwich SUCK or what? He was just terrible in this ame and Tampa’a D looked pretty good, and did what it had to… Jeff Garcia was good again and the ageless Joey Galloway just never stops! Tampa’s looking more and more like this division is all locked up already and now they need to focus on maintaining and getting out of the first round should be the goal now…. As for Atlanta… well at least Vick is going to jail now… he should be forced to watch this team as punishment!

The fans didn't help any. Byron wasn't playing badly in the first quarter... people were just dropping perfect passes. And it's not his fault that the people that WERE catching the ball were then taking 3 steps and then dropping the ball on the ground. And then the crowd just got on him and started calling for Harrington. Leftwich was brutal from then on....

As you said, Garcia again looked good. No matter how much Winnipeg need him on Sunday, I don't think Tampa is going to cut him in time for the game. :)
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#86 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:01 AM

Wow... the fans in Atlanta "getting it" and wanting a white QB :lol: (I think the two wins in a row helped too :P)
... I dunno.. this is one of those years where if you're a fan of the team you want to bottom out and be able to get 1-4 good players in the draft... maybe a free agent... and look for next year and beyond

but on the other hand... Garcia to Galloway is maybe the best 70+ years combined QB --> WR combo since Young to Rice me thinks!

Good God... I have a DAY to get ready for next week :blink:

#87 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:37 AM

At least my Ravens find more innovative ways to lose this year, not only watching a 101 yard interception return against us, but also getting scored on while in the lockerroom.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#88 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:53 PM

At least my Ravens find more innovative ways to lose this year, not only watching a 101 yard interception return against us, but also getting scored on while in the lockerroom.

Ravens have made a good point though. Going into the locker room thinking you won puts you in one mindset while thinking you've lost and then being called back on because your going to get a second shot gives another. Really wasn't handled well by the officials and lets face it they used replays which despite being a stupid rule is still a rule.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users