56 replies to this topic

#41 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:08 AM

What sections did they close out? The whole upper deck?

There was a good amount of seats that people wouldn't have been able to see anything in cause of those big screens, the whole lower was bowl was pretty much full, I think that number sounds right for a sellout.

#42 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:11 AM

I am only speculating but with a new venue that the only thing that sortaa makes sense along with floating out how well a not title fight would sell on ppv.... When was the last time they were in Jersey?

I believe summer of 05 was the last time they were in AC and geezzz umm maybe summer 01 at the meadowlands? They had a few AC shows in between that time period as well but still with NJ always drawing a good crowd and having NY so close they know that it would be a packed house. I was just disappointed we didn't get a real main event.

#43 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:24 AM

Eww. What a bitch. Shes get paid to give you ice cream(even if its not a lot) so she needs to shut the hell up. Omg if that was me, she would have gotten told off.

OMG 4 realz?? :dance:
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#44 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:49 AM

that's a fantastic story...lol!

i hope she stays there, the hording masses of ice cream eating animals need to be controlled!
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#45 Reverend_Hellh0und

Reverend_Hellh0und

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:18 AM

What sections did they close out? The whole upper deck?

116, 120 121,124 107, 101, 104,103, were blocked for the most part with screens as were parts of 119, 122, 105 and 102.

#46 Reverend_Hellh0und

Reverend_Hellh0und

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:21 AM

I believe summer of 05 was the last time they were in AC and geezzz umm maybe summer 01 at the meadowlands? They had a few AC shows in between that time period as well but still with NJ always drawing a good crowd and having NY so close they know that it would be a packed house. I was just disappointed we didn't get a real main event.

I completley agree, Its been few and far between for Jersey and I know the NJSEA had big issues with the UFC after the last time they were at the meadowlands.

I hope the fact that it was a sellout and the PPV sales sucked we will get a more worthy card next time.

#47 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:28 AM

I'd consider yourself lucky that you even made it that far. After 15min standing on line I just gave up....
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#48 Reverend_Hellh0und

Reverend_Hellh0und

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:31 AM

I'd consider yourself lucky that you even made it that far. After 15min standing on line I just gave up....

PSSST.... go downstairs.......

At least thats what the other rabble tell me..... :boogie:

#49 Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:26 AM

The ladies at the Blue Moon vendor on the Mezzanine level are hilarious. :D

Sorry to hear about your less-than-stellar experience. I've dealt with nothing by nice people there. Maybe i'll go to the Carvel booth next time to hand someone their rump, vocally. :P

Edited by Baggy Spandex, 20 November 2007 - 10:27 AM.

"Marion Gaborik scored his 65th, 66th, 67th, and 68th goals of the season tonight.

However, The Rangers were beaten by the Maple Leafs 6-4. Rather than bore you with those highlights, let's enjoy yet another encore presentation of our great MSG documentary, "1994: The Year We Can't Stop Thinking About" " - Warren

#50 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:38 AM

My solution to this would be just to smuggle your own ice cream in. You'll get through the metal detectors...just watch out for dripage...it's a dead giveaway to security when you have a trail of Chunky Monkey dripping from your jersey.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to sneak in an entire Fudgy the Whale next time I attend a game! 209 will eat well that night!! I'll show 'em!!! :evil:

Edited by Bulletproof, 20 November 2007 - 10:39 AM.

Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#51 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:43 AM

Fudge the Whale.... Isnt that what Andy wanted on Office the other night...HA

I love Ice Cream Cake!!
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : [color="purple"]"He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin

#52 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 02:43 PM

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#53 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:09 PM

Cookie Puss was an alien!? :o
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#54 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:32 PM

If I got my girlfriend a Cookie Puss for Valentines Day, I would fully expect that creamy disaster to be mushed into my face...slowly.

"I earned that cake!!!!" - skeeter will get that....
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#55 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:51 PM

What an ungrateful girlfriend you have!
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#56 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:53 PM

What an ungrateful girlfriend you have!

Hmmm....exactly what I was thinking at this very moment....

Maybe I should start a thread in OT....
Posted Image

#57 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 04:54 PM

If I got my girlfriend a Cookie Puss for Valentines Day, I would fully expect that creamy disaster to be mushed into my face...slowly.

"I earned that cake!!!!" - skeeter will get that....

Don't get anything for the girlfriend whose adams apple you pretend isn't there, instead you should "treat yourself" :whistling:
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users