143 replies to this topic

#21 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 01:12 AM

Where is Pierre Dagenais when you need him?

#22 CupChamps3X

CupChamps3X

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:05 AM

Where is Pierre Dagenais when you need him?

In Austria playing in the Austrian Erste Bank Hockey League. I think that about sums up his fall from being an anticipated 2nd rounder.
The Shake N Sift!

The (only) Voice of Moderation on NJDEVS

#23 Voros19

Voros19

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:06 AM

like dustin penner?

Don't even begin to compare Voros to Penner. Not even close.

I'm a big Voros fan, but Triumph is right, his ceiling is currently energy/checking line forward. He doesn't have the strength to be a power forward at the NHL level. He doesn't have the smarts either.
Posted Image

Enjoy your dream world. It's on schedule to come crashing down on or about November 1.

#24 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:59 AM

voros destroys novotny...coming out of the penalty box in a game in minnesota yesterday.
saw it live while watching center ice, man those you tubers get videos up quick.

Edited by ice dog, 24 November 2007 - 10:01 AM.

"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#25 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:04 AM

Well Voros got another goal last night.

3 goals in 8 game.

:noclue:

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#26 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:53 PM

Mr Voros just scored his 4th goal this season.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#27 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:00 PM

Mr Voros just scored his 4th goal this season.

Mike Rupp started his career with 2 goals and 3 assists in 6 games.

Jim McKenzie had a hat trick.

Good for Aaron. Hope this earns him a full year in the NHL. I don't think he's morphing into a power forward.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#28 Sarge18

Sarge18

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:06 PM

I think the emergence of David Clarkson really spelled the end for Voros with the team, largely similar players by style, but David is younger and really outplayed Voros in Albany/Lowell. He was just passed by by a younger guy with higher upside.

Also remember clarksons offensive numbers from his debut last year, and compare them to now when hes playing a regular shift each night. Many guys have played well over the course of their first 10 games, but then disappeared forever.
"Jay Pandolfo's last game at Boston University was against the Wolverines," Madden said. "My job was to cover his line. Jay had scored something like 30 goals in 30 games that season. And that was his 31st game. Guess what happened?"

"We always joke about it now," Madden said. "Jay tells me: 'You shut me down that game and you've been shutting me down ever since. The only problem is, now you're playing with me. ' "

#29 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:10 PM

Hey make of it what you will i was just stating that he had scored another goal, and thought i would keep th thread alive, creating some sort of AAron Voros tracking thread.

FWIW he has also taken 3 penaltys ;

5 min fighting major
2 min unsportsmanklike conduct
2 minutes high sticking.

Posted Image

#30 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:12 PM

So? He'd only be 12th on the team in scoring... not much different than his current 13th on the Wild...

Edited by RowdyFan42, 02 December 2007 - 08:13 PM.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#31 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:23 PM

My Penner comparison was meant more to mock Penner than praise Voros. I haven't really seen Voros play but he sounds like Clarkson, Rupp, and Pelley, except he can't play Center like the last two can so there wasn't any room for him. You can't Pay and Play everyone so instead of plugging another Rook in there, lou signed Asham and traded Voros (and his contract).
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#32 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:36 PM

There's a trend around here to keep track of every player the Devils let go - there's probably people on this site who think Christian Berglund is the answer.

#33 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:42 PM

There's a trend around here to keep track of every player the Devils let go - there's probably people on this site who think Christian Berglund is the answer.

HAHA ok,

I didnt want to upset anyone by posting this :rolleyes: although that may be to late now , i wasnt implying Voros was the answer to any form of Devils problem , or saying Lou should be hung for letting him go.

Just saw he had scored , rememberd the thread, and though it might bring up some more discussion.

Wont be making that mistake again.

Posted Image

#34 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:45 PM

Quick question: Does the quote time usually come up as GMT?

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#35 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:53 PM

Quick question: Does the quote time usually come up as GMT?

Must be because its that time overe her and thats the time i have it set to :noclue:

I quoted you to test it out.

I thought it would have changed depending on where you were reading it.

Posted Image

#36 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,333 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 09:23 PM

What about Jiri Bicek?! :P

...kidding of course

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#37 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 09:45 PM

He was dumped for nothing less than a year ago and he's performing well at the NHL level so far. What's wrong with bringing it up?

#38 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:05 PM

He was dumped for nothing less than a year ago and he's performing well at the NHL level so far. What's wrong with bringing it up?

Nothing - I wish the guy the best.

I don't think he's the second coming of Cam Neely, that's all.

#39 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:08 PM

I hope someone bumps this thread when he is in the AHL next season.

#40 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:23 AM

I hope someone bumps this thread when he is in the AHL next season.

Voros with his 6th goal and 3rd assist of the year tonight.
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users