143 replies to this topic

#121 section 110

section 110

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

Clarkson was horrible last night and has been for the past few home games I've attended. Out of position, muscled off the puck. If you consider his fighting an asset, then you're a Clarkson fan.
Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com keeper of....CAA's Section 110 (for the first 25 years) and The Rock's Section 5 22 (for the next 25 years and beyond)

#122 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

Voros' pace is now down to 12 goals for the season and considering how crazy hot his start was his projection has obviously been degrading ever since.

Voros being another player I barely noticed last game brought this to mind.

That's Voros. Great (though brief) offensive starts followed by pretty much zilch offensively. Did it with the Rats, the Wild, and now doing it with the Rangers.

No one's calling him "the guy that Lou let get away" anymore...that's for damn sure.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#123 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

Clarkson was horrible last night and has been for the past few home games I've attended. Out of position, muscled off the puck. If you consider his fighting an asset, then you're a Clarkson fan.

he has still been better than aaron voros. i really can't understand anyone who would call clarkson's performance on the season 'terrible'. he's mostly stayed out of the box and is scoring goals and contributing. for this kind of performance you'd have to pay $2 million to a UFA.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#124 sameblood

sameblood

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

The only thing I really want to get on Clarkson for is how frequently he falls over. Sometimes I just don't understand.
Posted Image

#125 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:48 PM

he has still been better than aaron voros. i really can't understand anyone who would call clarkson's performance on the season 'terrible'. he's mostly stayed out of the box and is scoring goals and contributing. for this kind of performance you'd have to pay $2 million to a UFA.

That's the biggest difference between Clarkson and Voros. Voros has taken so many stupid penalties at the most inopportune times, while Clarkson seems to be getting smarter in that regard.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#126 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:23 PM

According to various reports, the Rangers also placed forward Aaron Voros and injured defenseman Eric Reitz on waivers Tuesday, sending a message that perhaps they have another transaction in the works. Voros signed a three-year contract with the club over the summer and Reitz, a restricted free agent after the season, was acquired in a trade with Minnesota on Jan. 29.

Last paragraph

#127 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:40 PM

Voros ends the year with 2 assists in his last 27 games.

53 games, 8 goals, 7 assists, 15 points. +/- -9.

Yet again showing people that fast starts shouldn't fool you into ignoring a players history....really any streak over a short period shouldn't cause you to ignore a players career.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#128 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

Got to give Tri credit when credit is due. He was pretty adamant that Voros was not going to reach 12 goals and the start was complete fluke.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#129 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

I knew i wasnt going Mad:

731:

check this thread:

http://www.njdevs.co...o...37109&st=20

It would seem we do have a bet after all and right now im getting killed.

I won the Pando bet...and even though I can't find it I lost the Gionta bet I'm pretty sure I made. I think I needed Gio to hit 23 goals for a push...instead the guy gets 60 points, which I wouldn't have bet on. :lol: I think it was 20 bucks I owe the board.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#130 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:55 PM

this thread needs a bump. voros has 1 point in 19 games so far this year, with 6 minor penalties.

#131 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:01 PM

this thread needs a bump. voros has 1 point in 19 games so far this year, with 6 minor penalties.

Yeah. He's pretty useless, and with the cap problems they are having over there right now, he may be gone very soon.

NYR Cap Issues
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#132 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:53 PM

Voros = another Lou mistake. Lou stinks and all he does is let players go that go on to be superstars. :burn:

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#133 USAkid90

USAkid90

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:50 AM

Why don't we sign Voros just for his hot stretch until he sucks again and we let him go? :whistling: :boogie:

#134 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:29 AM

by the way, i'm not bumping this thread for an 'i was right' celebration, i think having threads like this is interesting and seeing what people think years later is always fun.

#135 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:02 AM

by the way, i'm not bumping this thread for an 'i was right' celebration,

yes you are!

#136 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

by the way, i'm not bumping this thread for an 'i was right' celebration, i think having threads like this is interesting and seeing what people think years later is always fun.

Why not? Seems to be the thing to do as of late.... :yay: :uni: :yay:
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#137 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:19 PM

By his own admission, there are definitely times when Tri can come off as smug and arrogant, but this isn't one of them; in Tri's defense, this thread now has some relevance and deserves a bump, with Rupp getting off to a quick start, and some fans trying to blame for the Devils for either misusing him or letting him go. Tri was also hardly the only person to come the conclusion that Voros would cool off and come back to Earth...more than a few of us who posted in this thread shared similar sentiments.

It won't surprise me one bit if the Rupp hat trick thread gets bumped next season, for the same reasons.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 04 December 2009 - 01:03 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#138 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:44 PM

yea if someone wants to bump a thread like this where i was wrong, be my guest, there's plenty of them around and they're not hard to find.

i was moved to find it by a discussion on another board where rangers fans were trashing voros; i hadn't realized how little of a factor he was this year.

#139 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:17 PM

http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie

Aaron Voros waived today. This is the Devils chance to correct their mistake! :lol:

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#140 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:38 PM

http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie

Aaron Voros waived today. This is the Devils chance to correct their mistake! :lol:

First to say he's better then Peters!!!!!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users