207 replies to this topic

#161 Die_Hard_Devil

Die_Hard_Devil

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:02 PM

Stupid Oduya Ruins a shutout for brodeur!
Posted Image

" Elias Holds and Drives Scoooooores!!!! [Doc Emrick] "" Haho Baby, Patrick, You are Dominating Man, ill tell U Not Only Did the Goal get Scored But there was going to be a Penalty" [ Chico]

Posted Image

#162 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:02 PM

on the way back to .500

I couldnt see the game tonight sopcast was bieng evil.

Apart from Marty, who, from the posts on here was obvioulsey on fire, who else played a good game.

How was White??

White looked pretty solid. Strong positional play and his usual physical presence. Zach with the two goals was solid and I thought Clarkson was good with dishing out some nice hits. Asham was great in clearing loose pucks from the Devils zone on several rebounds.

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#163 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,691 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:03 PM

I mean this in all serious...that kill, and this game, may have saved our season.

Eh let's get to .500 first before we talk about a season being saved.

But Marty sure as shooting saved Johnny Oduya's scalp with that glove save on Letang late.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#164 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts

This should have been a shutout for Marty, but I'll take a win any way we can get them

scratch Oduya off the Guest List for Marty's HOF Induction.

#165 spyro

spyro

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

great PK. parise two PP goals, Langs good assits, good to see him pile up the points. Oduya should go back to Sweden.

#166 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:04 PM

Well Parise had 2 goals so I guess you could call that a good game.

White played good for his first game back, had some nice hits, said he doesnt like the visor but hell adapt.

O and we should get some people together and nap up Oduya before every game because the guy is just atrocious.

Whoops yeah i forgot to put Parise in there.

At least white is wearing a visor.

I wish every other Devils player would learn from his injury and wear one.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#167 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:11 PM

Oduya........I don't even know what to say. He had a real bad 3rd period, just like the officials for the last ten minutes or so of the game.

That call on VV was a joke. Funny how Crosbitch wasn't complaining on that call. And that pick on Greene late in the third when Marty stopped the 2 on 1 had to be called.

Other then that a good game for the Devils. White played a nice game as well. Very encouraging to see him step in and play a good game.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#168 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:11 PM

I'm wondering how bad the leafs will be with Oduya???? hmmm......

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#169 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:12 PM

Why does Oduya always have to screw it up? He was having his best game of the season.

Not the greatest win but I will take it. If this game were 10 minutes longer the Devils might've been finished.

I hope Zajac's okay - I never heard about what might be wrong with him. The Devils cannot afford to lose him for that long - this hasn't been a very good sophomore season for him, but I was reminded yet again tonight - Sergei Brylin simply doesn't have it anymore.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#170 hattrick

hattrick

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:13 PM

That call on VV was a joke. Funny how Crosbitch wasn't complaining on that call. And that pick on Greene late in the third when Marty stopped the 2 on 1 had to be called.

The call on VV I have no problem with. It is definitely a penalty

Edited by hattrick, 21 November 2007 - 10:20 PM.

Good Is Not Good Where Better Is Expected

#171 xxchaznjxx

xxchaznjxx

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:16 PM

great win by the boys. they've been playing well defensively as a team these past few games. parise has been the most impressive devil so far this season. not just because of tonight, but he really looks like he brings it every game. there are times i see an opponent get hit hard then i look and it was parise finishing a check. it lets you know lou knew what he was doing trading up for him.

i'd like to see mattau and oduya sit and leave brookbank alone for now when martin/rachunek come back.

and i hope zajac is ok.

Edited by xxchaznjxx, 21 November 2007 - 10:17 PM.

#172 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:18 PM

The call on VV I have no problem with. It definitely a penalty

VV never tripped Crosby though. He was going for the puck and it was between Crosby's legs but Crosby was already going down to the ice. Cheesy call imo in a tight game like this one. I think the refs tossed him a bone for the 2 penalties against him earlier in the third, if you ask me.

Edited by SickMan, 21 November 2007 - 10:19 PM.

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#173 hattrick

hattrick

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:19 PM

VV never tripped Crosby though. He was going for the puck and it was between Crosby's legs but Crosby was already going down to the ice. Cheesy call imo in a tight game like this one. I think the refs tossed him a bone for the 2 penalties against him earlier in the third, if you ask me.

totally disagree.

#174 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:22 PM

SickMan:

Whether or not that's a penalty, it's going to be called 10000% of the time.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#175 hattrick

hattrick

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:25 PM

SickMan:

Whether or not that's a penalty, it's going to be called 10000% of the time.

I think SM has those NJ, rosey red Devil glasses on. Sometimes we all are guilty of this, including me. :lol:

Edited by hattrick, 21 November 2007 - 10:28 PM.

#176 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:26 PM

Did any body notice Sutter

#177 hattrick

hattrick

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:26 PM

[quote name='eaglejelly' post='544318' date='Nov 21 2007, 10:26 PM']Did any body notice Sutter

#178 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:29 PM

Like a little kid who got what he wished for at Christmas

#179 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:29 PM

I think SM has those rosey red Devil glasses on. Sometimes we all are guilty of this, including me. :lol:

I see just fine, thank you very much ;)

To each is own I guess. And you know what, if you want to call that a penalty, thats fine, but the interference on Greene HAS to be called. Pitt had a golden opportunity to tie that game on an obvious penalty.

Eh whatever, they won the game. No sense in beating a dead horse.

#180 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:30 PM

Thank you RD :koolaid:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users