• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 felix

felix

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:03 AM

Hi, I'm an MBA student at UConn, and for my term project, I'm creating a marketing program designed to get more people to attend Devils games. The survey below is part of my research, and offers you a chance to express your opinion about the Devils, their new arena, and what you think can be done to increase attendance. When I complete my project I'll submit it, along with the information from this survey, to the NJ Devils marketing department and Jeff Vanderbeek.

1. How old are you?
2. Male/Female
3. Where do you live (city/state)?
4. Married?
5. Number of kids
6. How long have you been a Devils fan?
7. On what date did you last attend a Devils game?
8. How many games did you go to last year at the Continental Airlines arena?
9. How many games have you attended at the Rock?
10. If you have attended at least one game,
a. What are your thoughts on the new arena?
b. How much did you spend per ticket for each game?
c. What is the max you would spend on a regular season ticket?
11. What are the positives about the new arena? Please rank in order of importance to you.
12. What are the negatives about the new arena? Please rank in order of importance to you.
13. How many games do you plan to attend this year?
14. What impacts your decision to attend or not to attend Devils games the most? (ex. Ticket price, arena location, etc.)
15. Why do you think attendance has been low for Devils games?
16. What would get you to go to more games?
17. Please add any other thoughts you feel relevant here.

After you complete the survey, please paste it into an email and send it to: rlevin1792@gmail.com. I'll analyze the data and use it to create the marketing program. When I'm done with the paper I'll post it to the message board. Thank you very much for your participation!

#2 Eltab213

Eltab213

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:15 AM

I'm creating a marketing program designed to get more people to attend Devils games.

Should have picked an easier project. Like solving cold fusion.
Posted Image

Official Keeper of Pascal Rheume
Official Keeper of Valeri Kamensky
Official Keeper of Alexander Korolyuk

#3 felix

felix

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:18 AM

Very funny, now fill out the survey.

Seriously, I need 30 responses for this to be considered statistically significant. I want to produce a quality product so that hopefully the Devils will give it some consideration. I have a lot of research on sports loyalty programs and some great ideas that I want to get on paper. I want to get the pulse of the hardcore fans and what they think of the Rock so far.

thanks,
felix

#4 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:34 AM

Posted Image
in another forum, I'm a nuclear physicist. In another one I'm a marketing major at UConn...

Oh, and welcome to the boards !!

Edited by BlueSkirt, 23 November 2007 - 08:38 AM.

#5 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,931 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:31 PM

The title of the thread should be help me do my hw and I'm not doing it just because this is yet another attendance thread that I don't want to see.

#6 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:43 PM

Nice..... :giggle:

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#7 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:48 PM

Why are y'all giving this guy a hard time? What's the big deal here? If Vanderbeek is as open to suggestions as we seem to think he is then I'm sure he would appreciate this.

The title of the thread should be help me do my hw and I'm not doing it just because this is yet another attendance thread that I don't want to see.

He isn't asking you to do his homework or even with help doing it. He is trying to poll fans and gather data so he can do it himself. How else do you propose he go about doing this? If he asked someone for already available stats instead of looking them up himself then yes I would agree with you but this is not the case.

If you don't want to reveal your email address then just PM him.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#8 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:33 PM

Why are y'all giving this guy a hard time? What's the big deal here? If Vanderbeek is as open to suggestions as we seem to think he is then I'm sure he would appreciate this.
He isn't asking you to do his homework or even with help doing it. He is trying to poll fans and gather data so he can do it himself. How else do you propose he go about doing this? If he asked someone for already available stats instead of looking them up himself then yes I would agree with you but this is not the case.

If you don't want to reveal your email address then just PM him.

i agree here. there's no problem with what he's asking and as a long standing member of this board, i would urge anyone with time to help him out. of course, as a season ticket holder myself, the devils have all this information on me already.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#9 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:04 PM

Hi, I'm an MBA student at UConn, and for my term project, I'm creating a marketing program designed to get more people to attend Devils games. The survey below is part of my research, and offers you a chance to express your opinion about the Devils, their new arena, and what you think can be done to increase attendance. When I complete my project I'll submit it, along with the information from this survey, to the NJ Devils marketing department and Jeff Vanderbeek.

After you complete the survey, please paste it into an email and send it to: rlevin1792@gmail.com. I'll analyze the data and use it to create the marketing program. When I'm done with the paper I'll post it to the message board. Thank you very much for your participation!

done and emailed
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#10 Diabolical

Diabolical

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:36 PM

I like the creativity of your project. Don't be discouraged of the comments you have received. Ignorance runs rampant here more often than you would expect from a collection of adults.

Nice to see someone use his studies to help focus on solutions rather than mire in problems

Good luck hope you find some good marketing options.

#11 CupChamps3X

CupChamps3X

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:08 PM

done and emailed

Me too
The Shake N Sift!

The (only) Voice of Moderation on NJDEVS

#12 njdevsfn95

njdevsfn95

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:22 PM

Me too

me 3

#13 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:45 PM

Im a Devil player doing research on U Conn students, how coincidental.

#14 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:04 PM

Mine was sent. How many is that? Come on Devils fans. No harm in doing this.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#15 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:20 PM

This is a good cause. Help somebody out with their project and maybe help get some more fannies in the seats at the Rock.
New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#16 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:23 PM

The Rock looks like it needs some filling tonight. It looks like there are maybe 17 people there for the Legends Classic.

#17 CupChamps3X

CupChamps3X

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:32 PM

The Rock looks like it needs some filling tonight. It looks like there are maybe 17 people there for the Legends Classic.

i tried getting tickets for that online and they said they were not available... im guessing they were mostly given out through those schools and offered to alumni in the area
The Shake N Sift!

The (only) Voice of Moderation on NJDEVS

#18 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:54 PM

Great idea, I emailed you my results (sorry if the answers were a bit lengthy)

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#19 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,189 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:15 PM

Cool survey man, I sent you my responses. Can't wait to see the finished product.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#20 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:26 PM

done and emailed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users