39 replies to this topic

#1 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:13 AM

Just had a chance to play it this weekend when I was visiting my brother in Jersey for the holiday. Anybody else get a chance to play it yet?

The new guitar takes some getting used to. The drum peripheral is very, VERY cool. Didn't man the mic at all, but the kids had a blast singing.

Song selection is merely okay, and you end up playing a lot of the same songs in each venue when you choose the "Requests" set, or pick your own setlist.

Gibson Explorer guitar can be used with the game, so we had the full setup going (vox, bass, guitar, drums).

Oh yeah, and I played most songs on guitar on expert mode. Expert mode in this game is NOTHING like expert mode in the Guitar Hero games. I can't touch expert in the GH series, so this game is a LOT easier to play the guitar on.

Despite some of my complaints, we had a blast playing this thing.

Edited by NJCroMag, 26 November 2007 - 08:14 AM.

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#2 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:48 AM

I haven't played it yet, do you think it is worth the 178 bucks or so though?

#3 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:02 AM

I haven't played it yet, do you think it is worth the 178 bucks or so though?

Just one person's opinion here...but yes. I think it's worth it.

(Then again, I admit some bias: I have a modded XBox and never have to pay for games, so the occasional forced spending on games isn't such a big deal to me.)

Or do what I'm going to do...add it to my Christmas list and tell my family I don't care if 15 people have to chip in to get it.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#4 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:36 PM

i have it and i spent the entire thanksgiving break with my brother and sister playing it, if you can play multiplayer then its totally worth it

#5 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:06 PM

i have it and i spent the entire thanksgiving break with my brother and sister playing it, if you can play multiplayer then its totally worth it

That's what we did, too. We had a full house, so there was always people willing to jump in and man an instrument.

I'm actually hearing about the strum bar giving out on the guitar peripheral. We didn't have any problems, but I've heard that others haven't been so lucky.

#6 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:19 PM

I know someone who had that guitar problem. Honestly, if you're not treating your guitar bad by throwing it around and stupid sh!t, it will be fine. Its a ton of fun to play and definatly worth the money in my opinion, the replay value is great.

#7 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:22 PM

I've been playing it for the past 2 and a half months. It is a great game. Much better than guitar hero i would say. Ive jused it from beta versions up and each got better and better.

Lots of down loadable content coming to which will be fun!
Posted Image

#8 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:20 PM

I got it on Black Friday after looking through five stores. The game is great and I've been having a lot of fun playing every instrument except those stupid drums. The guitar is way easier than Guitar Hero and I find myself playing expert on nearly every song. But I've been having issues with lag and I can't calibrate it no matter how I try. It's tough. But otherwise the game is awesome.

#9 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:58 PM

I've played Guitar Hero, awesome game
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#10 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:04 PM

I've played Guitar Hero, awesome game

Boo.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#11 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:46 PM

i dont get these games. They are fun for like 15 minutes. Then they are boring and tedious.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#12 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:00 AM

i dont get these games. They are fun for like 15 minutes. Then they are boring and tedious.

You are a very bad person and if I were ever to meet you face-to-face, I'd walk right up and say:

"You....are a VERY...bad person."

I'd do it too, man. Don't try me.

#13 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:30 PM

I beat the single player numerous times then me and my friends play, rock band is "TEH AWESOME" on multiplayer.

#14 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:08 PM

LG and I played it for a few hours over at a friends house and had a lot of fun.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#15 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:07 PM

I really enjoyed it... turns out Im a pretty good drummer and singer... guitar....only if im on easy!
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin’ cheeseburger dude!

#16 InstantOatmeal

InstantOatmeal

Draft Pick

• Suspended
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:02 PM

You know whats even more fun than spending hours learning how to play a virtual instrument?
Spending that time learning how to play a REAL one.

#17 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:09 PM

You know whats even more fun than spending hours learning how to play a virtual instrument?
Spending that time learning how to play a REAL one.

People posting on message boards shouldn't be knocking virtual experiences. :D
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#18 InstantOatmeal

InstantOatmeal

Draft Pick

• Suspended
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:12 PM

People posting on message boards shouldn't be knocking virtual experiences. :D

although your logic is slightly flawed, I am amused by your response.

#19 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:28 PM

I think many people already do know an instrument, and its fun to pick up a song quickly in a game with a new instrument.... just like I think many people who play sports games on their systems already know how to play the sport.
I already know how to play an instrument, that doesnt mean its not enjoyable to have a fun night with my friends goofing around and playing rock songs.

Already very evident from the 3 posts Ive read of your 7 that youre gonna be a fun poster

Edited by langsgirl, 03 December 2007 - 04:30 PM.

Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin’ cheeseburger dude!

#20 InstantOatmeal

InstantOatmeal

Draft Pick

• Suspended
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:40 PM

Already very evident from the 3 posts Ive read of your 7 that youre gonna be a fun poster

Posted Image

Also, if you can already play an instrument, get better and start a band as opposed to sitting and playing someone elses song.
This sh!t is ruining music, along with mp3s and the notion that stealing music for free off of the internet is the 'norm'

Buying real albums and playing real instruments in front of real people at a real bar/club>>>Stealing compressed crappy sounding mp3s and playing a 'guitar' with plastic buttons for a virtual audience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users