22 replies to this topic

#1 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:58 AM

Wow.... This is the word... He was so young, (24) and had a promise future ahead of him...

Rest In Peace Sean..... I hope you get to see Darrent Williams and Damien Nash in Heaven,.

http://www.foxnews.c...,313041,00.html

MIAMI

Edited by TravisZajac, 27 November 2007 - 05:49 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:18 AM

I'll be interested to find out what happened, if Taylor knew the guy who shot him.

By the way, Zajac, I chuckled when I read your subject. You wrote, "RIP Sean Taylor" then put, "He died" underneath it. Yeah, I kinda figured ... the RIP gave it away. ;)

#3 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,815 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:31 AM

Call me a cynic, but this sounds like the whole Chris Benoit thing all over again....

man what a tough year in pro sports indeed.....
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#4 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:10 AM

Call me a cynic, but this sounds like the whole Chris Benoit thing all over again....

man what a tough year in pro sports indeed.....

I wouldn't say Chris Benoit but early indications from ESPN had the team knowing he was heading to Miami but thought it was earlier in the week not the weekend and he seemed to be needing to go home to "protect" his family...too many athletes seem to put themselves in positions like this...Horrible horrible thing none the less and prayers go out to he and his family!!
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#5 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:32 AM

Horrible news.

Say what you want about Taylor's past, but it really appears based on the comments by Gibbs, Greg Williams, and others, he was getting things together. He recently became a father and seemed to be emerging as a leader in the locker room.

RIP Sean, and I cannot even imagine being Gibbs and trying to address his team during a time like this.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#6 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:18 AM

Rest In Peace. Awful news. I don't watch football, but from what I've read of the guy, it seemed like he's had some troubles but was getting things together. Man, that sucks.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#7 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:58 AM

From what I've read of the guy, it seemed like he's had some troubles but was getting things together.

Don't believe everything you read.

#8 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,815 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:27 PM

It always seems guys like this have it happen to them when they are on the way of fixing their lives and straightening it out... damn shame indeed....
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#9 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:33 PM

RIP. It will be interesting to hear more details as they become available.

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#10 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:56 PM

Don't believe everything you read.

That goes both ways, you know.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#11 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:22 PM

That goes both ways, you know.

I'm not sure what you mean, but as far as this specific case, I'm sure I'm not the only one hesitant to throw hearts and flowers at a guy with a rap sheet, even if he was murdered.

#12 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:32 PM

I'm not sure what you mean, but as far as this specific case, I'm sure I'm not the only one hesitant to throw hearts and flowers at a guy with a rap sheet, even if he was murdered.

What I mean is things in the media can be exaggerated both ways, both good and bad....and listen does Sean Taylor have a rap sheet? Yes...do I believe in 2nd chances? Definitely...and it seems, at least on the surface, he was turning his life around, based on comments by Greg Williams (DC for Washington) and former players and coaches. Now again, once the facts becomes available, that might change, who knows.

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#13 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:33 PM

Regardless...he leaves this world with an 18 month old daughter, a fiance, and parents who are now doing one of the hardest things imaginable which is out living one of their own kids...the title of the thread is clear, you don't want to post condolences or well wishes then don't bother posting in the thread at all...

#14 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:37 PM

What I mean is things in the media can be exaggerated both ways, both good and bad.

Totally agree with that.

#15 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:38 PM

the title of the thread is clear, you don't want to post condolences or well wishes then don't bother posting in the thread at all...

But..but..it is ALL about self gratification and getting attention!!! :argh: :rolleyes:

Edited by LOTCB, 27 November 2007 - 01:38 PM.

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#16 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:41 PM

Regardless...he leaves this world with an 18 month old daughter, a fiance, and parents who are now doing one of the hardest things imaginable which is out living one of their own kids...the title of the thread is clear, you don't want to post condolences or well wishes then don't bother posting in the thread at all...

Who the hell are you? The grief police? Take a hike.

#17 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:14 PM

Who the hell are you? The grief police? Take a hike.

wow...that's an attention wh*** statement if i've ever seen it...

All I'm saying is, it's not like this was a debatable topic like "Did Barry Bonds do steriods?" or "Should Ricky Williams be allowed back in the NFL" it was started to give condolences...you wanna go and start a thread about how he's a bad guy or question his character then go ahead but no need to post the stupid pointless slop about calling out a guy whose life has just been cut short by a senseless act of violence...get a life.

#18 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:39 PM

wow...that's an attention wh*** statement if i've ever seen it...

All I'm saying is, it's not like this was a debatable topic like "Did Barry Bonds do steriods?" or "Should Ricky Williams be allowed back in the NFL" it was started to give condolences...you wanna go and start a thread about how he's a bad guy or question his character then go ahead but no need to post the stupid pointless slop about calling out a guy whose life has just been cut short by a senseless act of violence...get a life.

It's amazing how people will actually put a shooting in a category with anything else that happens in sports. The guy was flat out murdered some people are just amazing. My first cousin was murdered in NY about 3 years ago. Was totally a stand up kid, popular, smart, football star and all that. He goes to a party in the city with some friends on parents week and they find his body at 4:00am in brooklyn. Then people just look to pick apart a person's character, was he drinking under the age, was he doing drugs blah blah blah. A person was just killed. I dont care why they were or how they were or for what reasons. MURDER IS MURDER. Questioning a persons character at a time like this shows nothing but immaturity and idiocracy.
Posted Image

#19 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:44 PM

Sorry to hear about your cousin, 783, that's awful. I completely agree with your statement, too. A person died. We don't exactly know the whole story, but the fact is -- someone has lost a spouse, a son, a father, a friend. Murder is awful, no matter how you slice it.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#20 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:52 PM

Wait. What? 783, I'm not comparing it to anything else in sports and am saying that it was a thread to offer condolences and not to point out anyone's character...I was saying the thread isn't made to be a debatable topic like the two things I listed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users