147 replies to this topic

#1 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:23 PM

There's a few reasons to get yo popcorn ready this week.. just be ready to enjoy it all weekend... what else are you going to do tomorrow... Louisville/Rutgers??? :lol:

Thursday November 29:
Packers at Cowboys:

What to look for:
So are there any Giants fans deluded into thinking their game with Dallas was the NFC game of the year?? HA!!! Anyway… this one’s worth going out to the bars for people (and while I DO have the NFL Network at home… I hate watching my Cowboys in the house, I get too loud and I’ll have a dead neighbor by the third quarter…Green Bay comes into this a little beat up on the defensive end, and that’s going to be a factor, since this one looks like whoever stops the other less is gonna win this one… and Dallas has too much going… too healthy … too strong… maybe even too much better… and I think the Cowboys need this more… their offense will NOT click in the Frozen Tundra (though Barber could chomp out 150 yards and Green Bay has no answer for that)…and I think the better talent will pull this one out! Rating ****

Sunday December 2:
San Diego at Kansas City:

What to look for:
Both of these teams just have a habit of going limp and getting rolled at any time and that makes it dangerous to pick on in this game… the Chargers pounded the pathetic Ravens last week while the Chiefs laid a Herm-Sized EGG with the Raiders…my gut says to lean to the Chiefs because of that, but with the psycho factor in the AFC West and the Broncos almost looking like an NFL Team again….I kinda expect the Chargers to come out strong and do enough on defense to slow Kolby Smith and hang on here… rating **

49ers at Panthers:
What to look for:
Holy Hell… each week there’s a game that makes you want to swear off football now and forever … really! Carolina can’t win at home and the Niners shouldn’t win ANYWHERE.. this one is going to be tough to watch, but you get the feeling SF wants to get some momentum going with an end-season push (and move that damn patriot pick BACK 10-12 slots please!!!)… and I really think Carolina has mailed it in at this point this year…get a good pick… get a damn quarterback and away we go!! Rating ˝

Atlanta at St. Louis:
What to look for:
Gah… take what I said about Carolina and put it into Atlanta… they’re a mess too and I was serious about the Rams going crazy in the second half and making a save the ship kinda run to save the coach’s job and keep the team intact for next year… and Steven Jackson owners who held on should be THRILLED to see his push coming with playoff time looming in fantasy football… I expect no less here in a game the Rams might even get to run it up some! Rating *

Jags at Colts:
What to look for:
Wow… AFC Central on the line in HUGE game number 2 this week (and big for me cause I NEED Manning badly to be Tom Brady this week), the Jags are reborn and have a passing game with Garrard back and healthy, while are the Colts any healthier yet? No one knows as the most popular word in Indy is “Game Time Decision”… It may not matter… the Colts have a LOT of pride and that and Bob Sanders could be enough to keep the up and coming Jags a step behind the Colts.. but this should be a dandy to watch!!! Rating ****

Seattle at Phily:
What to look for:
Well here we a team that coulda shoulda won in Phily and a team that had NO BUSINESS winning in Seattle… can karma trade hands here?? Damn I hope so… I don’t know why.. Seattle annoys me (and no it’s NOT FROM THE PLAYOFF GAME ASSHAT!!)… they just seem to have the lamest schedule each year and all that west coast crap.. and to be honest they are a typical NFL team.. ain’t that good… I can see the Eagles rally behind Feely like they did Garcia last year and find a way to pull this one out and keep the suck in the NFC West and mess the waters more in the wild card thing! Rating ** ˝

Jets at Dolphins:
What to look for:
Oh my… dear… sweet… mercy filled crap! Well usually this would be the kinda game the Jets belly-up and blow somehow late in the 4th Quarter…. But these Dolphins are on a mission from God to LOSE LIKE NO OTHER TEAM CAN BEFORE THEM!!! (and it’s fitting that it would be an AFC East team to lay the ultimate egg in the season the Pats do the Mr Perfect thing!) But hey watch this mess at your own damn risk!! Rating ˝

Redskins at Bills:
What to look for:
The two most tragic-striken teams in the league go at it… and I don’t know what you will get from either this week…. This one WILL be emotional… more so for the Redskins after this Sean Taylor news…but this is the kinda thing that can bring a team together and carry them throughout the season and all, and the Bills…I just don’t know anymore….this one might be a tough one to watch and it has nothing to do with the on-field results… Rating **

Lions at Vikings:
Adrian Peterson IS BACK PEOPLE!! And the Lions may be the perfect thing for them as they are reeling their way backwards through the second half of the season and all.. not to mention the Vikings showed they can play a little pass defense against glossy eyed QBs and any guy throwing the ball in Martz’s system gets a little glossy by about now… as the bad teams start to win and cloudy the water in the wild card chase I expect no different here! Rating * ˝

Texans at Titans:
What to look for:
Both teams got their teeth beat in last week by high flying offenses, and both need this game to keep their small wild card hopes alive, it’s just a shame the Titans can’t open up and air it out on Houston, though if Jamal Lewis can run for 110 on the Texans…I can only imagine what Tennessee will do to them, could be a fun game to watch if it stays close though… Rating ** ˝

4pm:
Denver at Raiders:

What to look for:
Hrm, feels like above… team that should have won but blew it and a team that never deserves to win… isn’t this the game Russell starts finally?? I dunno… doesn’t matter either way… but the rookie starting makes it more interesting at least… Denver has to be steaming after blowing a chance to keep pace with San Diego like they did last week… good thing the Raiders have nothing like Devon Hester (then again who does?) the Raiders won their division game of the last 20 :P… let’s leave it at that.. Rating * ˝

Cleveland at Arizona:
What to look for:
Maybe the Browns can leave Brady Quinn in the desert for the Cards?? I can’t see with how AWFULLY they lost that game last week and how it was kiss the division goodbye on a bad punt return and a Statue of Jesus… errr.. Warner play…. And now here comes a team just ROLLING… yeah… good luck Cards!! Rating *** (offenses could rule here though)

Giants at Chicago:
What to look for:
Well the Giants avoid Adrian Peterson… to play Adrian Peterson? Heh.. irony!! Though the Giants were as sloppy and awful as can be in the last game… and well no team does sloppy seconds better then the Bears who willed their way into the playoff chase again with that absurd comeback… and let’s see which QB has their evil twin here for this one… I bet on the Manning… could be fun in that OH MY GOD DON’T LOOK kinda way!! Rating ** ˝

Tampa At New Orleans:
What to look for:
Oh sweet Lord if there is no Jeff Garcia in this one it’s gonna be a disaster!! The Saints should be at least able to pick on the scraps here and throw the ball all over the place on the Bucs with their skill players and mr I do everything but run near linemen in Reggie Bush… and if Tampa is playing Gradkowski… ummm.. NEXT… Rating DUD

8pm:
Bengals at Steelers:

What to look for:
I think it’s gonna take more then 3 points this week guys ;)… the Bengals were impressive last week but I don’t think they are good enough to maintain that level two weeks in a row, and you gotta think a week to dry off the field will make this more an NFL game then a London impression.. still all that aside… if the Steelers have delusions of the BYE Week.. win this damn game!! Rating ** ˝ (power to the rivalry!!)

Monday Nov. 26:
New England at Ravens:

What to look for:
Oh my, the football Gods were MEAN to the Ravens… here come an angry Pats team that didn’t get their God-Given 55 points last week… and a pathetic offense and a slow and aged defense… this is gonna be ugly… no reason to NOT watch Heroes tonight!! Rating *
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#2 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:37 PM

YEAH CRUSHER!!!! WE'LL CRUSH THOSE GODAMN BUNGALS AT HEINZ FIELD, FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Bring me those Trash talkers that are... T.J WHO'SMYMAMA, Chad SilentJohnson and Chris Gangtsery.
Posted Image

#3 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 05:50 PM

In reference to Thursdays game it's pretty sad that even the governor of wisconsin won't be getting this game on TV. Could be the game of the year and they've been saying something like 74 million households won't have the game. Really wish I could go to a bar for this one but got class in the early AM next day.

But aside from that I guess that Patriots Giants game won't be made available at all here unless you have NFL network. It's a shame that a game that could make history again won't be available to the people in the area unless you have dish. I'm no pro on this TV stuff so if you have any info Crash let me know.

Pats placed Colvin on IR today guess that "foot" injury is pretty bad. Anyone know if he actually came out yet and admitted if it was an arm injury yet? Oh the Pats and their shroud of secrecy.

Edited by njdevils783, 28 November 2007 - 05:55 PM.

Posted Image

#4 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:41 AM

But aside from that I guess that Patriots Giants game won't be made available at all here unless you have NFL network. It's a shame that a game that could make history again won't be available to the people in the area unless you have dish. I'm no pro on this TV stuff so if you have any info Crash let me know.

Pats placed Colvin on IR today guess that "foot" injury is pretty bad. Anyone know if he actually came out yet and admitted if it was an arm injury yet? Oh the Pats and their shroud of secrecy.

if you have comcast cable (and I am sure anyone but CableBitches)... for $10 a month you can get the NHL, NFL, NBA-Court TV, and all the Fox Sports College Channels.. College Hockey Ahoy!)... other then that be a man and go to the damn bar and tip well!!! :P

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#5 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:30 AM

The comcast digital cable sports package is actually about .99 a month at this moment...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#6 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:26 AM

I remember watching something years about regarding Favre's struggles in Dallas, and I am not sure if someone can verify this for me, but when you stand on one side of the field in Dallas and look across to the other goalpost on the other side of the field, you cannot see the entire goalpost, meaning the field is not flat...it has a round shape to it...which means, since Favre throws very hard and throws high, he struggles on this type of field versus most other fields that are more conventional.

I just found that interesting.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#7 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:49 AM

I remember watching something years about regarding Favre's struggles in Dallas, and I am not sure if someone can verify this for me, but when you stand on one side of the field in Dallas and look across to the other goalpost on the other side of the field, you cannot see the entire goalpost, meaning the field is not flat...it has a round shape to it...which means, since Favre throws very hard and throws high, he struggles on this type of field versus most other fields that are more conventional.

I just found that interesting.

that would be correct... I remember hearing that back when they talked about the Favre issue back in the day...it's something like the middle of the field is elevated or something like that

and U-Dog always likes to remind me I overpaid for the stupid sports package!! :rant:

#8 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:27 PM

Hey, I got talked into a whole deal and still ended up getting it for 2.99 a month :) but basically ended up paying 10 bucks a month less than I was paying and added Showtime to my lineup :D
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#9 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:28 PM

Dallas 27 Packers 17. Book it.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#10 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:03 PM

Dallas 27 Packers 17. Book it.

Hush you Buffalo STINKS man!!! :P

#11 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:51 PM

24-14 Packers.

Book it.
Posted Image

#12 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:13 PM

Get your popcorn ready, because win or loss for Dallas, this one's going to be a show. I can NOT wait!

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#13 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:16 PM

Yikes double post, sorry.

Edited by Martysb3tt3r, 29 November 2007 - 06:16 PM.

Posted Image

#14 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:17 PM

24-14 Packers.

Book it.

How about your Steelers outscore the Dallas STARS this week before you talk sh!t little man?? :P

#15 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:06 PM

I'm all for benching Roy williams, who's with me?

Posted Image

#16 TravisZajac

TravisZajac

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:22 PM

How about your Steelers outscore the Dallas STARS this week before you talk sh!t little man?? :P

WANT ME TO TALK sh!t UH?

MY STEELERS OUTSCORED THE GODDAMNS STARS 3-2.

IN YUR FACE, CRU$$$HER!!
Posted Image

#17 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:34 PM

WANT ME TO TALK sh!t UH?
MY STEELERS OUTSCORED THE GODDAMNS STARS 3-2.
IN YUR FACE, CRU$$$HER!!

:rofl:

Umm... Brett Favre ouchie? :giggle:

Posted Image

#18 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:43 PM

Well this has been a pretty lame game.

#19 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:52 PM

Well this has been a pretty lame game.

I'm scared to fricken death as a Boys fan... some lame calls and some lame throws and now boom the Pax in this game

Edited by Martysb3tt3r, 29 November 2007 - 10:05 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:19 PM

That's it, Roy Williams doesn't even deserve the practice squad.

Cut him.

now.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users