155 replies to this topic

#141 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,003 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 03:12 PM

So it's annoying that they were speaking French..HOW DARE THEY!?.....................oh yeah, they're french..duh

Good for them to care enough to make the trip and support the team

Heyy chillax... the fact that they were speaking french didn't bother me one bit, but the fact that they knew english, and wouldn't talk to anyone in English (the family next to me turned and asked them to quiet down and they screamed in French and flipped them off). But 5 minutes later when Asham missed the net the same people screamed "Ha haaa haa what a f***ing a** whole! Haha LOOOOSER."

THAT annoyed me.

Edited by Martysb3tt3r, 01 December 2007 - 03:12 PM.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#142 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:14 PM

Well Asham is a loser....

Well if your first language is French..why not speak it? I mean if you went to Montreal would you think they would expect you to speak French? Although flipping the family off isn't cool at all, that's for sure
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#143 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,003 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:17 PM

Well Asham is a loser....

Well if your first language is French..why not speak it? I mean if you went to Montreal would you think they would expect you to speak French? Although flipping the family off isn't cool at all, that's for sure

I think you are missing my point, but i don't feel like trying to explain it because I am tired and have a splitting headache.

Oh and were you walking around the upper concourse near the 230's after the first period last night with Crasher? I think i saw you both but i didn't want to guess and say hello to random strangers ;)

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#144 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:29 PM

I hate opposing fans in our building no matter what language they speak. :P
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#145 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:08 PM

This was also a night where the 15,000 at the arena actually looked like 15,000. Good crowd although of course on Friday nights you usually get even more loons in the cheap seats with either vulgar or non-sensical chants, like the clown in my section who was chanting about Koivu's cancer. And another one saying something about Forsberg's spleen, as if he had anything to do with last night's game anyway.

The Forsberg chant was because there was a guy in a section below us wearing a Forsberg Flyers jersey. The "Koivu has cancer!" chants were disgusting though.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#146 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:17 PM

Yeah i really dont like when fans chant about a players personal condition, dosent matter if its a faulty knee or cancer, just lay off that.

worst chant i ever heard was "danny manslaughter" when i went to a rangers vs senators game, it was disgusting.

my brother said there was a USA chant for a good amount of time

#147 NYGDevils32

NYGDevils32

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:09 PM

6 in a row, never thought that I would type that this season. We are back in the thick of things now, and hopefully the Devils can extend this streak even more. I wish I was at the game last night, it was actually loud.

LETS GO DEVILS! :koolaid:

Edited by NYGDevils32, 01 December 2007 - 08:09 PM.

#148 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:32 PM

And Marty is notorious for raping Montreal. Idiot. =\

since I was trying to argue with you, i was just saying it sounded funny because he is a Canadian.

idiot.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#149 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 08:35 PM

I agree rev...behind hte nets had the only empties I could see last night..they can't $115 when other teams are charging 65/70 around the league

well most people in the lower sections are in the restaurants and bars until later in the game.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#150 Shapeshift

Shapeshift

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:45 PM

So it's annoying that they were speaking French..HOW DARE THEY!?.....................oh yeah, they're french..duh

Personally, I really could care less what language they were speaking or where they were from. All I know is that they were loud, obnoxious, and running their mouths at every possible moment, be it in the arena bowl, near the concessions, or even in the bathroom. Wrong colors in the opposing team's building means be a little more cautious or expect some heat.
..Lost in S-S-So-South Jersey....since 2004
Eagles and Flyers and Phillies...OH MY!!

#151 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:53 AM

since I was trying to argue with you, i was just saying it sounded funny because he is a Canadian.

idiot.

CanadIAN and CanadIEN ...ya that's kind of lame..i was thinking, uhh okayyy? when i read you're post as well. Doesn't sound too funny to me either..which makes it kind of funny

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Posted Image

#152 Reverend_Hellh0und

Reverend_Hellh0und

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:01 AM

well most people in the lower sections are in the restaurants and bars until later in the game.

not those in the corners and behind the net.

How many does the resturaunt hold?

They are not allowed in the goal bar without the gold tickeys i dont think....

#153 Reverend_Hellh0und

Reverend_Hellh0und

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:08 AM

They are actually bilingual, the refusal to speak english to us lowly Americans (and western Canadians) is a nationalistic stick up thier collective a$$es and delusions of adequecy.

it is not only rude, it is obnoxious. When we were at Jimmy Buff's and saw a guy try to engage two montreal fans in conversation. they spoke back rudley in French.

After the game i was suprised to see one of them aproach me and ask me in english were penn station was. I told him to go up to broad and make a left.

#154 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:12 PM

I don't think ALL French are bilingual actually. The guy I'm seeing is from Montreal and two of his sisters dn't speak English.........

Posted Image

#155 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:23 PM

It would be ignorant to think all french people speak english especially because most people in america who speak english only speak english.

Its just best to ignore anyone you have a problem with at a sport event, no need for them to ruin your time, easy as that.

#156 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:35 PM

Its just best to ignore anyone you have a problem with at a sport event, no need for them to ruin your time, easy as that.

Either that or learn French yourself so you can yell back and surprise the crap out of them. :evil:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users