brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

I hope those players were well-paid...

I would have loved to have been on the set for those commercials...I could just imagine the director saying, "OK, everyone find the gay zone...a little gayer...a little gayer...feel the gayness...gaaaaaaayyy...aaaaaaaaaand ACTION!"

:lol:

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#42 AveryIsGay

AveryIsGay

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:43 AM

Hockey players' skill and abilities and performance are directly corrolated to how well they dress???
That's a new one for me. sh!t, I'd be a superstar hockey player if that were true.. haha :lol:

No, hockey players' skills and abilities and performance aren't directly corrolated to how well they dress. If you understood the statement by Pelino all he said was that Gomez now dresses better than he used to. Nowhere did he imply that fashion = talent. That seemed to be what every other person on this post turned it into. That's the problem with talking to Devils fans, none of you know how to make coherent arguments. You love to create a straw man and then tear it apart.

And btw, forgive a guy for trying not to look like a slob. NYC has a much higher standard for its players than Newark, NJ. And before any of you jump on me for that comment keep in mind that I was raised in Jersey and worked at Gateway Center for 2 years. I watched them build The Rock right outside my office and I can attest to the fact that the neighborhood is not a classy one.
To the admin who changed my username from AveryIsGod to AveryIsGay, eat me.

#43 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:47 AM

That's the problem with talking to Devils fans, none of you know how to make coherent arguments. You love to create a straw man and then tear it apart.

I apologize if Devils fans can not put together coherent arguments....must be too much champagne being guzzled out of the Stanley Cup screwing with our speech.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#44 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:52 AM

No, hockey players' skills and abilities and performance aren't directly corrolated to how well they dress. If you understood the statement by Pelino all he said was that Gomez now dresses better than he used to. Nowhere did he imply that fashion = talent. That seemed to be what every other person on this post turned it into. That's the problem with talking to Devils fans, none of you know how to make coherent arguments. You love to create a straw man and then tear it apart.

And btw, forgive a guy for trying not to look like a slob. NYC has a much higher standard for its players than Newark, NJ. And before any of you jump on me for that comment keep in mind that I was raised in Jersey and worked at Gateway Center for 2 years. I watched them build The Rock right outside my office and I can attest to the fact that the neighborhood is not a classy one.

Nice glasses, nerdlinger.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#45 AveryIsGay

AveryIsGay

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:05 AM

See that would've made sense if you said that in 2003. I don't know if you know this but there have been a few teams between then and now that have won the Stanley Cup. They don't just let previous winners continue to drink out of The Cup whenever they feel like it.

And to DaneykoIsGod, I fail to see how the glasses in the picture have anything to do with what I actually said. But if we want to get into looks, notice how Avery bangs hot Hollywood actresses while Daneyko looks like a hobo.

http://www.nj.com/de...aneykoceleb.jpg

Edited by AveryIsGod, 07 December 2007 - 02:06 AM.

#46 JPntsca

JPntsca

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:14 AM

I find it really funny, I mean I get mad when people who don't know better make comments like that, but come on, In the 5 years Ive lived out of New Jersey, the only creative insult I've heard was that my friend went to Jersey once, he had to drive in traffic circles and deal with people driving with their feet, I love hearing the Jersey bashes, I hate how there is no diversity in them though. I kind of expected better from the Rangers though a team committed to winning so much, they go out and spend top dollar to bring that winning tradition to the city, if only the Devils were like them. (please note the extreme sarcasm, before I get flamed)

#47 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:18 AM

how did those well dressed rags do tonight??? oh thats right they got raped by the leafs

you can keep your over payed washed up line up with its I want to be like Brodeur goaltender

and this guy over hear is talking about that bitch Avery getting all the celebs... um hes got money... enough said... no self respecting woman is going to sleep with this metrosexual twerp... money creates amazing beer goggle vision

and please Ill take a real human being like Dano any day. The guy has been through a ton, has some real life problems, and yet he is still great with the fans and hey hes a 3 time stanley cup champion. Again enough said.

Edited by njdevils783, 07 December 2007 - 02:23 AM.

Posted Image

#48 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:25 AM

And to DaneykoIsGod, I fail to see how the glasses in the picture have anything to do with what I actually said. But if we want to get into looks, notice how Avery bangs hot Hollywood actresses while Daneyko looks like a hobo.

It's better to look like a hobo than talk like a h0m0. And even George Michael used to get with sexy Hollywood actresses .......
Posted Image

#49 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:25 AM

See that would've made sense if you said that in 2003. I don't know if you know this but there have been a few teams between then and now that have won the Stanley Cup. They don't just let previous winners continue to drink out of The Cup whenever they feel like it.

I guess the exception is when Mark Messier has his number retired 14 or so years after winning the Cup?
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#50 AveryIsGay

AveryIsGay

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:42 AM

Wow so many idiot comment to take on all at one, but I like a "challenge"

JPntsca: Once again, I worked for Prudential on the 10th floor of Gateway Center for 2 yearsl so don't tell me I don't know anything about the area. I wasn't attempting to stereotype, I was speaking from experience.

njdevils783: Yes he does have money, but less than the actresses he dates. Who gets beer goggles over people who don't make as much as them?

DaneykoIsG@y: Enough said.

devilsfan26: The number was retired 2006, 2 years after he retired from the league. Why would they retire the number while he was still playing for the team.

Anymore brainbusters?

#51 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:42 AM

I guess the exception is when Mark Messier has his number retired 14 or so years after winning the Cup?

:rofl:
Posted Image

#52 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:53 AM

Wow so many idiot comment to take on all at one, but I like a "challenge"

JPntsca: Once again, I worked for Prudential on the 10th floor of Gateway Center for 2 yearsl so don't tell me I don't know anything about the area. I wasn't attempting to stereotype, I was speaking from experience.
njdevils783: Yes he does have money, but less than the actresses he dates. Who gets beer goggles over people who don't make as much as them?
DaneykoIsG@y: Enough said.
devilsfan26: The number was retired 2006, 2 years after he retired from the league. Why would they retire the number while he was still playing for the team.
Anymore brainbusters?

Are you kidding? millions are millions. If you honestly think these woman would date him if he wasnt a millionaire your really delusional. All a guy like this is good for is shopping tips and help with your makeup. Besides that what? The amazing thing is he is a complete fruitcake off the ice and its like he feels he has to make up for his loss of masculinity by being a complete goon and jackass on it.

I can give the Messier partial credit but Avery is an a$$hole and anyone who calls someone like him "god" wow just wow.

Edited by njdevils783, 07 December 2007 - 02:58 AM.

Posted Image

#53 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:57 AM

Anymore brainbusters?

I was talking about the fact that the Rangers had the Stanley Cup along with almost the whole 1994 team at the NUMBER RETIREMENT ceremony. Since when does a player suddenly own the Stanley Cup on the day his number is retired by a team?
--John Buccigross

#54 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:58 AM

But if we want to get into looks, notice how Avery bangs hot Hollywood actresses while Daneyko looks like a hobo.

Notice how Daneyko is holding a Stanley Cup.

Avery...well...is lucky to even have one basically by association.

Anyway...

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#55 MrQuotes

MrQuotes

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:58 AM

wow..... :doh1:

oh wait... there it goes.... right over your head
Posted Image

Keeper of Newark Arena's first mugging victim

#56 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:59 AM

Notice how Daneyko is holding a Stanley Cup.

Avery...well...is lucky to even have one basically by association.

Anyway...

Very nicely put. But yea he's God. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#57 AveryIsGay

AveryIsGay

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:05 AM

Are you kidding? millions are millions. If you honestly think these woman would date him if he wasnt a millionaire your really delusional. All a guy like this is good for is shopping tips and help with your makeup. Besides that what?

I'll assume you meant these women (plural) and you're (your is used when something belongs to you) and go from there. The fact that he is a millionaire and a pro hockey player is what allows him to meet famous women. That doesn't automatically mean they'll date him.

He's very good at agitating opposing players and throwing them off their game, he's able to draw penalties (more than he gets), and he shifts the momentum of a game quite well. Also, he's probably one of the most underrated point producers in the league. People concentrate so much on his mouth they look past his contributions on the stat sheet.

#58 AveryIsGay

AveryIsGay

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:08 AM

I was talking about the fact that the Rangers had the Stanley Cup along with almost the whole 1994 team at the NUMBER RETIREMENT ceremony. Since when does a player suddenly own the Stanley Cup on the day his number is retired by a team?

Then phrase it that way. If you read over your initial comment it says nothing about the presence of The Cup at the ceremony.

Possible reason why: Messier is one of the greatest players of all time.

#59 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:09 AM

As you cna see i dnot pororfaed my psots at 3am

lol it is way to late for this type of discussion

Edited by njdevils783, 07 December 2007 - 03:11 AM.

Posted Image

#60 AveryIsGay

AveryIsGay

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:11 AM

As you cna see i dnot pooradd my psots at 3am

lol it is way to late for this type of discussion

Hahaha, agreed 100%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users