95 replies to this topic

#21 Sickman

Sickman

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:34 PM

Because you seem to be a fan of my favorite band I won't be angry with what you said and simply point out that it seems only when people have absolutely nothing legitimate to say do they have to resort to chiildish insults along the lines of "oh your team is g@y." I'll chalk it up to your sour mood.

Take a look at the bold print and the first post in this thread.

Besides I wasn't insulting anybody, just acknowledging the rewards for your teams hard work and effort.

I will give you props on the music though B )

Edited by SickMan, 09 December 2007 - 11:36 PM.

New Jersey Devils - Three Time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003

" 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!! And the oldest trophy competed for in North America, LORD STANLEY'S CUP, has made it's way through the Lincoln Tunnel! To the Meadowlands! To the Garden State! THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS ARE THE 1995 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!" Mike Miller, June 24th, 1995

" I have for some time been thinking that it would be a good thing if there were a challenge cup which should be held from year to year by the champion hockey team in the dominion" Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston

#22 AveryIsGay

AveryIsGay

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Come on everyone, the all-star game hasn't happened yet, this is always the time when Ranger fans can enjoy their team. Sadly it then changes when the games become more important.

Yea it does change, cause if I'm not mistaken we were one of the hottest teams in the league after the all-star break last year. And Hank was the top goalie during that time.
To the admin who changed my username from AveryIsGod to AveryIsGay, eat me.

#23 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

naturally.

'whenever poochie is off-screen, everyone should be saying, 'where's poochie?'

"Poochie should have access to a time machine".
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#24 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,437 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:35 PM

No the trap still sucks, except we don't play a trap. And fine lets talk about the past, specifically 1994 when beating a rival in a playoff series led to a Stanley Cup not bragging rights on who didn't win the cup that year. Oh, sick burn!!!

And to everyone talking about Aves not being on the team next season, I highly doubt it.

lolol -

i'd bet a lot of money avery won't be a ranger next season

and 'we don't play a trap' - yeah neither did the 95 devils. you are deluded.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#25 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:36 PM

Yea it does change, cause if I'm not mistaken we were one of the hottest teams in the league after the all-star break last year. And Hank was the top goalie during that time.

You don't even know the Rangers play the trap almost exclusively this season, your knowledge of anything is suspect.

The standings after that second half did look familiar though with the Devils above the Rangers.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#26 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:37 PM

No the trap still sucks, except we don't play a trap. And fine lets talk about the past, specifically 1994 when beating a rival in a playoff series led to a Stanley Cup not bragging rights on who didn't win the cup that year. Oh, sick burn!!!

And to everyone talking about Aves not being on the team next season, I highly doubt it.

Don't you have a math test in fourth period middle school tomorrow?

You better get to sleep before your parents see your still awake.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#27 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:38 PM

lol...averyisgod...lmfao!

jesus....
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#28 Vinnie

Vinnie

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:41 PM

But on to my other point, I live in the moment.

What exactly are the standings at the moment?

#29 AveryIsGay

AveryIsGay

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:41 PM

Don't you have a math test in fourth period middle school tomorrow?

You better get to sleep before your parents see your still awake.

OMG you're right I forgot all about my test, I should be studying my multiplication tables. Thanks for reminding me. Oh well, since my mommy and daddy are out of town I guess I can get away with it. It's a good thing I'm in the company of the founder of Mensa to put me in my place.

#30 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:45 PM

Don't feed the trolls?

#31 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,437 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:47 PM

Don't feed the trolls?

when a troll is as inept and foolish as this one, i can have a good time slamming him and whatever nonsense he spouts

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#32 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:48 PM

What a waste of bandwith.

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#33 section 110

section 110

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:50 PM

This is just precious. Sounds like my 4 year old when he's learned the "na na, na na na, you can't beat me" chant.

Then I smack him around a bit. :wink2:
Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com keeper of....CAA's Section 110 (for the first 25 years) and The Rock's Section 5 22 (for the next 25 years and beyond)

#34 AveryIsGay

AveryIsGay

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:51 PM

when a troll is as inept and foolish as this one, i can have a good time slamming him and whatever nonsense he spouts

You slam trolls? That's gross.

Agreed with brodeurrocks btw.

#35 AveryIsGay

AveryIsGay

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:53 PM

This is just precious. Sounds like my 4 year old when he's learned the "na na, na na na, you can't beat me" chant.

Then I smack him around a bit. :wink2:

Well what do you expect didn't you read the other guy's post? I have a 4th grade math test tomorrow. I'm not 4, just a very immature 4th grader. At least it's the same number. Wow I learned numbers! Thanks Devils fans.

Edited by AveryIsGod, 09 December 2007 - 11:53 PM.

#36 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:00 AM

Sean Ovary ftw.

#37 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:08 AM

wanger banger

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#38 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:14 AM

You're right, you don't play a trap. Micheletti said numerous times that you play 'good defensive hockey.' :rolleyes:

Avery is a goner. He cried to the press when the Rangers were mean to him in arbitration, then got given way less than he wanted. You guys are gonna have to throw buckets of cash at Queenie Henrietta for him to stay. Plus, you have a couple of overpriced forwards to pay for. I also expect the Rags to throw some cash at Marian Hossa in the offseason to come play with his bro. So, unless you expect Avery to take a pay cut (which he won't), he's a goner.

Now, I have to go set my clock to the inevitable Ranger slump that happens every year in roughly January-February.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#39 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:22 AM

Hahahahahahahahaha

We're 4-0-0 against you this year.

Gomez was the best forward on the ice all game, including a pretty set-up for GWG.

Stopped dead in your tracks during your win streak.

We break our 3 game skid against you.

Hank gets his 15th win and 5th shutout.

All in all an enjoyable evening.

Have a nice night.

cool
Posted Image

#40 AveryIsGay

AveryIsGay

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:26 AM

You're right, you don't play a trap. Micheletti said numerous times that you play 'good defensive hockey.' :rolleyes:

Avery is a goner. He cried to the press when the Rangers were mean to him in arbitration, then got given way less than he wanted. You guys are gonna have to throw buckets of cash at Queenie Henrietta for him to stay. Plus, you have a couple of overpriced forwards to pay for. I also expect the Rags to throw some cash at Marian Hossa in the offseason to come play with his bro. So, unless you expect Avery to take a pay cut (which he won't), he's a goner.

Now, I have to go set my clock to the inevitable Ranger slump that happens every year in roughly January-February.

Just like a Devil fan to assume that good defensive hockey = neutral zone trap. Guess you've never known any other system.
Hank will be resigned for a substantial contract but he's worth every penny. Our overpriced forwards already have set amounts for next season. They may or may not go after the elder Hoss but if so I'm pretty sure they won't resign Jagr. Avery has publicly expressed that he enjoys playing in NY. If Sather isn't a complete idiot (which is debatable) he'll resign Avery since he's a fan favorite and a big factor on the ice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users