471 replies to this topic

#421 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Forgot Hobby's was fake now. More incentive to always eat Down Neck.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#422 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

Forgot Hobby's was fake now. More incentive to always eat Down Neck.

Aint that the truth...although Dino has yet to dissapoint me and I like the change of pace (I live downneck so I have to force myself out fo the neighborhood).

#423 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

All this talk about how bad the food selection is at the Rock now compared to when it first opened made me want to go back and read the original thread about Food inside the Rock, which was started around the same time as this thread. But I can't find it. Bummer.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. The original "Food at The Rock" thread:

http://www.njdevs.co...ic=33879&page=1

Edited by 95Crash, 02 July 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#424 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

on a side note, have any of you tried Burger Bound right off the Jackson st Bridge. I keep passing it and have yet to try the food.

#425 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

So Joe's Crab Shack is opened adding to the enjoyable places to try around the arena. I also see that Joe Piscipo wants in on the fun... http://mydigimag.rrd...ation/?i=172677

#426 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

I might goto Dino's to get BBQ today...or some sea food place... I am hungry and that is not a good thing, I can eat like 5 pigs!

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#427 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

This seems more like a general "food and Devils games" thread so: Just saw this new little section and went to check it out.. Anyone heard of "Boneyard BBQ Company"? I think it's just a fake brand for their in-arena BBQ but I wasn't sure.. The stand sells Pulled Pork, Pulled Chicken (haven't seen this before in the arena), and BBQ Nachos (also haven't seen this) It's located right behind section 226 byvu2u2e.jpg

Edited by Colin226, 26 September 2013 - 06:59 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#428 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

Probably another sh!tty fake Aramark "brand."  I swear the food options at the arena is now the worst.  I really wish Uber Burger was still open as when I am arriving to Newark at 6:30PM and want something quick to eat before the game and coming from the Lafayette side of the arena there isnt too many quick options other than Mulberry Pizza.

#429 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

Probably another sh!tty fake Aramark "brand."  I swear the food options at the arena is now the worst.  I really wish Uber Burger was still open as when I am arriving to Newark at 6:30PM and want something quick to eat before the game and coming from the Lafayette side of the arena there isnt too many quick options other than Mulberry Pizza.

If you're training in, Bello's is quick and good for bar food. If you're driving, that's less helpful.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#430 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

If you're training in, Bello's is quick and good for bar food. If you're driving, that's less helpful.

So far due to work, I have been driving in and parking about 4-5 blocks south of the arena, so I usually head in using the Lafayette entrance (formerly the Verizon Tower).  I would like to try Bello's or any of the places like that, but due to the fact I am literally parking at 6:30 and I have to walk to the arena, I don't have time to really sit and eat much.  At least in the Gateway tunnel there are pizza joints I can just grab a slice in if I arrive by train.

#431 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

I did the BBQ place in the arena and I was happy...I have noticed the Gigantic Turkey leg working it's way around arenas and amusement parks which is nice since my wife's diet seams to forbid everything but that.

#432 Ever0

Ever0

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

A little off the topic but does anyone know where Road teams stay when playing against the Devils? and also where do they enter the Rock ? is it accessible to fans? i'm going tomorrow to try to get Steve Yzerman to sign something since he travels with the Lightning.. any help would be cool.. Thanks

#433 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

A little off the topic but does anyone know where Road teams stay when playing against the Devils? and also where do they enter the Rock ? is it accessible to fans? i'm going tomorrow to try to get Steve Yzerman to sign something since he travels with the Lightning.. any help would be cool.. Thanks

Hopefully you see this in time.. Teams stay pretty much anywhere they want.. I've heard of teams staying as far away as Short Hills, NJ.. There is a hotel almost next to the building but I'm not sure if teams are staying there yet..

In terms of where they enter the arena, the Devils make it very easy to get autographs from both teams.. Either navigate to around 25 Edison Place, Newark, NJ - or go the northwest corner of the arena (across from Brick City Bar and Grill) - or click this link: http://goo.gl/maps/Qh257

All 3 of the above will take you to the same place where the away team will pass by on their way in and out

Edited by Colin226, 29 October 2013 - 11:07 AM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#434 Ever0

Ever0

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

Thanks for the info! heading out there now.. 

#435 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

Arena food continues to push the culinary limits

Saturday, November 2, 2013

BY KARA YORIO

STAFF WRITER

The Record

Mustard or ketchup, maybe some relish. For decades those were the only choices for sports fans wanting a hot dog while at a game. It was a simpler time.

Prudential Center is now serving up five possibilities, along with its traditional Nathan's dog: a BLT hot dog (bacon-wrapped hot dog in a potato bun with shredded lettuce, plum tomatoes and chipotle mayo), an Italian hot dog (sautéed peppers and onions, potatoes, sun-dried tomato and basil aioli, on pizza bread), the Villa dog (Nathan's hot dog wrapped in pizza bread) and two choices for a Korean hot dog (one with a chicken topping, another with beef).

At the Prudential Center this season, Devils fans will find many new menu items to tempt them away from the hot dog or chicken fingers and fries. The new fare, such as the Korean kiosk, are meant to provide quality choices, not just a higher quantity of them.

"You're not going to fake it in this market," said Pru Center executive chef Niko Marinos.

http://www.northjers...h.GR2krPpV.dpuf

#436 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

I heard that a new pizza place opened today on Green St (next street over from Lafayette).

The Monk Room

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#437 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

There is a Dinosaur BBQ within 2 blocks of the arena. I haven't been but they have a good reputation from their other NYC locations.

#438 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

Has anyone tried the Korean stuff yet? I saw Korean hot dog posters on the concourse but have yet to try.  The Devil fries (really just fries with a dipping sauce) were not bad.

#439 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

Has anyone tried the Korean stuff yet? I saw Korean hot dog posters on the concourse but have yet to try.  The Devil fries (really just fries with a dipping sauce) were not bad.

No and good question as it does look good on the poster but afriad to try.

Had the Chinese station for the first time in about 4 years the last game.  Last time I was there I had the noodle bowl/soup and it was god-awful and had to throw it all out after taking just a few bites.  This time I ordered the combo meal for General Tso's chicken and veggie fried rice for $9.50 total.  It was actually really good and nice and hot.

#440 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

No and good question as it does look good on the poster but afriad to try.

Had the Chinese station for the first time in about 4 years the last game.  Last time I was there I had the noodle bowl/soup and it was god-awful and had to throw it all out after taking just a few bites.  This time I ordered the combo meal for General Tso's chicken and veggie fried rice for $9.50 total.  It was actually really good and nice and hot.

Are you talking about The ONE Sushi? That noodle bowl is amazing! I have it every game....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users