471 replies to this topic

#441 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

Are you talking about The ONE Sushi? That noodle bowl is amazing! I have it every game....

Yes that one and the noodle bowl is terrible.

#442 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

Yes that one and the noodle bowl is terrible.

When was the last time you had it? It has probably changed since...

#443 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:30 AM

When was the last time you had it? It has probably changed since...

About 3 years ago.  It was more soup than anything and it was saltier than the Dead Sea.

#444 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

About 3 years ago.  It was more soup than anything and it was saltier than the Dead Sea.

Yeah, I don't remember having it that long ago, but I have it before every game now. The noodles' veggies are great, as well as the chicken and the broth...give it a try!

#445 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

Yeah, I don't remember having it that long ago, but I have it before every game now. The noodles' veggies are great, as well as the chicken and the broth...give it a try!

Not risking the $12 on it just to only still hate it.

Still interested in what people say about the Korean food though.

#446 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

Not risking the $12 on it just to only still hate it.

Still interested in what people say about the Korean food though.

It's $8

#447 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

where do they sell chinese food? i try not to eat at the rock but if i do its usually just chicken fingers and fries i had a cheesesteak once but it wasnt too great i prefer the chicken fingers

Edited by Sik02gt, 18 January 2014 - 09:48 PM.

believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#448 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

where do they sell chinese food? i try not to eat at the rock but if i do its usually just chicken fingers and fries i had a cheesesteak once but it wasnt too great i prefer the chicken fingers

It's Japanese...it's right by section 12 I believe..it's right by the side entrance into the building...it's called the ONE Sushi...

#449 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

It's Japanese...it's right by section 12 I believe..it's right by the side entrance into the building...it's called the ONE Sushi...

has anyone ever actually eaten the sushi? curious of the quality of it
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#450 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

has anyone ever actually eaten the sushi? curious of the quality of it

Yeah I get it on occasion.. I'd say its on par with the sushi quality you find at the supermarket.. Tastes fine, just that it's pre-made

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#451 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

I've had the Korean hot dog with BBQ beef. The hot dog itself is just a plain Nathan's-type hot dog, but the BBQ beef piled on was delicious -- very tasty. It's a little expensive, but since it was so good I was happy with it.

They also make a spicy chicken hot dog, but I haven't tried it yet.

Edited by 95Crash, 20 January 2014 - 02:32 PM.

#452 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

I've had the Korean hot dog with BBQ beef. The hot dog itself is just a plain Nathan's-type hot dog, but the BBQ beef piled on was delicious -- very tasty. It's a little expensive, but since it was so good I was happy with it.

They also make a spicy chicken hot dog, but I haven't tried it yet.

Yup I agree with this review!

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#453 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:35 AM

Is there any chance with new money coming in the quality of concessions come back? Ive actually felt compelled to gorge and drink BEFORE getting to the arena because of the blandless more than the price.

#454 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

Is there any chance with new money coming in the quality of concessions come back? Ive actually felt compelled to gorge and drink BEFORE getting to the arena because of the blandless more than the price.

I remember hearing from the meet and greet at the beginning of the season that the new owners do want to increase the quality of the food as they admitted it wasn't really up to par. They seemed to blame Jeff's ownership situation on it and said they couldn't really do much this season except a few last minute minor improvements. Those have taken the form of boneyard BBQ, the Korean stands and all you can eat popcorn. They did vow to improve it next year as they will have more time to get the good stuff going

#455 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

The Korean BBQ hot dog is a big win for me.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#456 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

I remember hearing from the meet and greet at the beginning of the season that the new owners do want to increase the quality of the food as they admitted it wasn't really up to par. They seemed to blame Jeff's ownership situation on it and said they couldn't really do much this season except a few last minute minor improvements. Those have taken the form of boneyard BBQ, the Korean stands and all you can eat popcorn. They did vow to improve it next year as they will have more time to get the good stuff going

Not sure if the location moved or if they got rid of it, but boneyard BBQ was nowhere to be found at the game on monday, any ideas?

#457 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

Not sure if the location moved or if they got rid of it, but boneyard BBQ was nowhere to be found at the game on monday, any ideas?

Good question and I didn't see it either.  It looks like they finished turning at least one of the Boardwalk stands into a Philly Cheese Steak stand.  Maybe the concept didn't work out for them?

I remember when they had a Moe's stand back in the 11-12 season, but that only lasted a few games.  I guess pre-made chicken and steak burritos were not everyone's thing.

I also wish they would turn the old Devil's alley into something more substantial.  When it was the "Devils Alley Pub," it was just a facy stand that served more alcohol options like wine and wasn't really much.  I wish they would turn it into more of a bar with bar tables and the like as that space is now just nothing more than a shortcut around the busy part of the upper concourse.

#458 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

Good question and I didn't see it either.  It looks like they finished turning at least one of the Boardwalk stands into a Philly Cheese Steak stand.  Maybe the concept didn't work out for them?

I remember when they had a Moe's stand back in the 11-12 season, but that only lasted a few games.  I guess pre-made chicken and steak burritos were not everyone's thing.

I also wish they would turn the old Devil's alley into something more substantial.  When it was the "Devils Alley Pub," it was just a facy stand that served more alcohol options like wine and wasn't really much.  I wish they would turn it into more of a bar with bar tables and the like as that space is now just nothing more than a shortcut around the busy part of the upper concourse.

Also, they got rid of the pretzel stand that was next to boneyard BBQ. It used to have about 3-4 varieties, but it looks like the new one just has regular soft pretzels....

#459 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

Also, they got rid of the pretzel stand that was next to boneyard BBQ. It used to have about 3-4 varieties, but it looks like the new one just has regular soft pretzels....

I thought I saw the pretzel stand on the lower concourse but I'll have to keep my eyes open. I highly recommend the Shorty's cheesesteak that recently opened.

Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#460 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

I thought I saw the pretzel stand on the lower concourse but I'll have to keep my eyes open. I highly recommend the Shorty's cheesesteak that recently opened.

They did put a different pretzel stand there, but it has less choices......although, the b!tchy lady that worked the old one is no longer there :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users