Test

#142 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:41 PM

Hey has anyone been to Don Pepe's recently, I was thinking the other day I haven't been there in 4 years.

#143 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

I took a half-day at work yesterday (March 10, 2010) so that the lady and I could have time to enjoy a nice early dinner at Fernandes Steakhouse a few hours before the Devils layed a 6-3 beatdown on Queen Henry and the Rangers. 'Twas my first time eating anywhwere in the Ironbound section since the Devils moved to Newark. Fernandes had gotten pretty good reviews everwhere I looked, including in this forum. So I figured I had to try it.

One word: "Delicious!"

We had a pitcher of red sangria, likely the best sangria I ever had.

For appetizers we shared the sauteed shrimp in garlic sauce and the barbecued Portuguese sausage.

For dinner she had one of the specials, black angus steak with stuffed shrimp. There was so much on the plate, she could barely eat half of it. And it was very tasty.

A few people had told me that if I ever ate at Fernandes I had to order the steak on a tile, so that's what I did. I didn't see it on the menu, but I asked the waiter and he told me that I had a choice of three different types of steaks. I don't know if it was because of his thick accent or if it was because he was speaking softly, but I didn't hear what the choices were. But my wife heard him list filet mignon as one of the choices, which was good enough for me. So that's what I ordered. Holy crap what a delicious steak! So soft and tender, it sliced like butter and melted into my mouth. It was quite possibly one of the best steaks I ever had.

If any of this sounds good to you, then definitely try this restaurant. Needless to say, I will be going back there.

http://www.fernandessteakhouse.com/

#144 QuadeConnolly

QuadeConnolly

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:23 PM

I took a half-day at work yesterday (March 10, 2010) so that the lady and I could have time to enjoy a nice early dinner at Fernandes Steakhouse a few hours before the Devils layed a 6-3 beatdown on Queen Henry and the Rangers. 'Twas my first time eating anywhwere in the Ironbound section since the Devils moved to Newark. Fernandes had gotten pretty good reviews everwhere I looked, including in this forum. So I figured I had to try it.

One word: "Delicious!"

We had a pitcher of red sangria, likely the best sangria I ever had.

For appetizers we shared the sauteed shrimp in garlic sauce and the barbecued Portuguese sausage.

For dinner she had one of the specials, black angus steak with stuffed shrimp. There was so much on the plate, she could barely eat half of it. And it was very tasty.

A few people had told me that if I ever ate at Fernandes I had to order the steak on a tile, so that's what I did. I didn't see it on the menu, but I asked the waiter and he told me that I had a choice of three different types of steaks. I don't know if it was because of his thick accent or if it was because he was speaking softly, but I didn't hear what the choices were. But my wife heard him list filet mignon as one of the choices, which was good enough for me. So that's what I ordered. Holy crap what a delicious steak! So soft and tender, it sliced like butter and melted into my mouth. It was quite possibly one of the best steaks I ever had.

If any of this sounds good to you, then definitely try this restaurant. Needless to say, I will be going back there.

http://www.fernandessteakhouse.com/

Fernandes is the bomb. hey've got jumbo shrimp the size of your head.

It's been a while, so here's a slew of new foodie posts over at Glocally. Anyone got a recommendation on where to get a good cheese steak? I'm running a lil competition, looking for the best...

Broad Street Cafe

McGovern's

Random Foodie Notes (John's Pizza, Cafe Side Dish and more)

Back to Golden City! (The Chinese place across from Arena Lounge)

Spanish Tavern (Highly recommended!)

#145 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

Francesca's is my new go-to place. The food is AMAZING! Some of the best Italian I've had. It's on McWhorter (go past Hell's Kitchen on Lafayette and make a right). Make sure you get the garlic bread!

Edited by The Rock 07, 20 April 2010 - 03:16 PM.

Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#146 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:29 PM

I'm rather interested to see what everyone's opinion of Port 44 was. my housemate loves it but her bf was underwelmed...

#147 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:19 PM

I'm rather interested to see what everyone's opinion of Port 44 was. my housemate loves it but her bf was underwelmed...

Do they have food yet or is it still bring your own?
Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#148 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

Don't know I'm on lockdown for the next 2 weeks till I can get out and test some places again.

#149 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:45 PM

Quade posted his Fernandez review

http://glocallynewar...des-steakhouse/

#150 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:20 PM

Quade posted his Fernandez review

http://glocallynewar...des-steakhouse/

Nice!

#151 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:49 PM

DIE SPAMBOT DIE!

Took the liberty of policing the small corner of the board I'm able to do so. Looks like it's hunting down pinned topics. :rolleyes:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#152 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

I almost feel flatered the spambot was interested in eating in Newark ;)

#153 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:57 AM

So I wasn't sure the best place to post it but since Port 44 is opened I thought I would post some links :cheers:

http://glocallynewar...ort-44-is-here/

http://www.facebook....82399555?v=wall

#154 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:46 PM

Just talked with some people from the city and there are actually two restaurants in the works for Edison Place and a possible change coming to Arena Bar. Details were sketch but it's nice to see things moving along.

#155 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:17 PM

Just talked with some people from the city and there are actually two restaurants in the works for Edison Place and a possible change coming to Arena Bar. Details were sketch but it's nice to see things moving along.

I think Vanderbeek mentioned that at some point. Good to hear!
Posted Image

#156 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:12 PM

So is Stadium Sports Bar and Grill gone for good or what? Some speculated it was just closed for the offseason but who knows.. I loved the cheap beer and good food
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#157 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:20 PM

So is Stadium Sports Bar and Grill gone for good or what? Some speculated it was just closed for the offseason but who knows.. I loved the cheap beer and good food

It actually closed before the season ended last year. There was a shooting outside of it at like 4 AM one night or something, and it never opened again as far as we could tell.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#158 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:22 PM

It actually closed before the season ended last year. There was a shooting outside of it at like 4 AM one night or something, and it never opened again as far as we could tell.

Sh!t... I mean I knew about the shooting but didn't know it had closed.. So where is the next best place to get cheap beer and good food?
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#159 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:28 PM

Sh!t... I mean I knew about the shooting but didn't know it had closed.. So where is the next best place to get cheap beer and good food?

I dunno. There is that new Italian place that should be open about a block and a half closer to the arena on the same street. Hopefully that will be decent and have liquor.

Chateau Du Spain isn't bad for a quick bite, and it's never too busy downstairs in the bar like section. Has a liquor license too.

City Cafe must be some sort of front for illegal activity, so I don't both with food or drink there.

Even though it's on the other side of the arena, Port 44 will be a new option.

This side of the arena is definitely lacking in good establishments, since Arena Bar is always so packed.

I'm still holding out hope that Stadium will re-open. :lol:
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#160 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

I could be wrong but it seems like the guy is trying to bring in a partner or sell the place (the former stadium sports bar that is).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users