56 replies to this topic

#41 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:38 PM

Red....to pass the ball you pick the WR using the D-pad, A, B, and then swing the Wii-remote forward like you are actually passing a ball :D

Rowdy, sadly even though EA has a whole branch based to work on Wii games they haven't made the NHL franchise available yet....

Metallidevils...the same can be said about the novelty of good graphics though...I've owned a Wii for a year now and as the good games go then so does my interest but I have found (having owned numerous systems) that there have been a lot more games on the Wii than other systems that have good replay value (Wii Sports, Big Brain Academy, The Bigs, Madden, MLB Power Pros, Zelda, Mario Galaxy, Mario Strikers, Metroid Prime, and Trauma Center to name a few)....I've also borrowed a 360 for about a month a piece on two different occasions and of course was wowed with the graphics but overall found less games that I could play over and over again after I initially finished them...Bioshock is an amazing game, the graphics are stellar as is the story and music and this is coming from someone who admittedly hates FPS games..it turned me around...I loved it but after I finished it there was no point to pick it up again...on the flip side after I beat Twilight Princess (the Wii Zelda game) I could go back and still gallop around the countryside shooting orcs with my bow and arrow all over again or even find the many hidden secrets within the game....

again, I've said it before it comes down to preference...sure you can get bored with the controls of the Wii but no quicker than you can get bored with the graphics of the PS3 or 360...both systems have great games..the only reason why I responded to your post in the first place wasn't to debate the quality of each system but to point out the fact that you were knocking the Wii with no real regard to the facts about the system...
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#42 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:22 PM

I understand that, however the library of games will always be there for the 360 and ps3, therefore it'll be harder to get bored of. Plus new technologies are being developed, like the DMM technology for the SW:Force Unleashed game, which will keep things interesting for a while.
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#43 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:39 PM

True about the library of games...that unfortunately hasn't been a strong suit for Nintendo however EA is getting in line with their new studio opened dedicated solely to the Wii...I'm anticipating the Star Wars game for the Wii...Lucas says it'll be exciting let the fans use the force and a light saber in such a way the Wii provides....however I'm disappointed in not being able to play Fable 2 or GTA unless I get a 360...that really is the best option if you have the money...get a 360 and a Wii...

The real problem for the Wii owner is the fact that the other two systems have no problem using the ideas of Nintendo and implementing them in their already cool consoles (i.e. the PS3's controller that senses slight rotating movements) and Nintendo never seems to get into that...Xbox live already has something good why not build off of something similar and instead go with the ever innovative "friend codes" blah!

Edited by UnderDogX, 26 December 2007 - 11:41 PM.

'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#44 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:35 AM

the Wii is a joke. My cousin got it for xmas yesterday and the only decent game was the Wii Sports package.. shooting games are too difficult to bother with, we tried Madden 08 and it was terrible I couldnt figure out how to hit properly.. Really not worth it IMO.. it looks more for young kids than anything

And oh yeah, the graphics dont even compare to the 360 or PS3

Edited by nmigliore, 27 December 2007 - 10:36 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#45 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,520 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:56 AM

the Wii is a joke. My cousin got it for xmas yesterday and the only decent game was the Wii Sports package.. shooting games are too difficult to bother with, we tried Madden 08 and it was terrible I couldnt figure out how to hit properly.. Really not worth it IMO.. it looks more for young kids than anything

And oh yeah, the graphics dont even compare to the 360 or PS3

Its not about the graphics.. its about the game play.. which IMHO.. is loads of fun.. never enjoyed boxung videos games until Wii...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#46 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:56 AM

There is a hockey game coming out...

http://www.ebgames.c...oduct_id=230209

#47 ZuljinRaynor

ZuljinRaynor

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:05 AM

I got a Wii a year ago.
Game I got? A bunch of Gamecube games since well, never had a GC. The Wii games I got were:

The Godfather (good fun with the Wii controls, shooting isn't as easy as the PC version though.)
Resident Evil 4 (Wii version >>>>>>> GC version, controls are fantastic. Shooting is fun).
Super Paper Mario (Good fun, not as good as the other Paper Mario games though)

I got Madden 07, Excite Truck, and something else I don't remember right now. I really want Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Metroid, maybe. Galaxy, maybe. I was never a Nintendo guy, I'm a PC Gamer.

I play my PC the most, then I play on my 360 (NHL 08, GH2) and then on my Wii. I don't have a PS3, I don't want a PS3. The exclusives it has kinda suck and the other games are on 360.

That's why I got a 360 to compliment my PC Gamer self. And the Wii is just bloody good fun.

#48 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,836 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:22 AM

The Godfather (good fun with the Wii controls, shooting isn't as easy as the PC version though.)

How GOOD are the executions with the Wii-mote??? :evil:
Damn that is sooo much fun I am addicted to that alone just snapping people with the Wii-Mote....

... ummm.... yeah.....
good game....

(backing out.. slowly.....)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#49 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:30 AM

Leave it to red to misspell Wii. :P

Maddren 08 too :giggle:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#50 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:37 AM

Crap I just looked at the timer on our Wii - 5.5 hours yesterday -- no wonder my shoulder hurts - that Carnival game is fun too.
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#51 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:05 PM

haha you guys can 'slap shot' your way to victory in that 'fun based' hockey game!
Posted Image

#52 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:11 PM

Its not about the graphics.. its about the game play.. which IMHO.. is loads of fun.. never enjoyed boxung videos games until Wii...

I didnt see the boxing but my cousin told me the boxing was very tiring.. like i said the only somewhat fun game to play (from what i've seen) on it is the sports pack it comes with
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#53 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:22 PM

I didnt see the boxing but my cousin told me the boxing was very tiring.. like i said the only somewhat fun game to play (from what i've seen) on it is the sports pack it comes with

I don't have a Wii but I've heard very good things about the new Zelda game and Mario Galaxy. I've played the latter and it was fun.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#54 Zdunk

Zdunk

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:58 PM

I don't have a Wii but I've heard very good things about the new Zelda game and Mario Galaxy. I've played the latter and it was fun.

the mario galaxy game is a lil too story for me but the mario kickers game is awesome its a soccer game. metroid is cool. zelda is pretty cool as well

#55 njdevil434

njdevil434

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:16 PM

Perhaps people misunderstood what I emant in the begining. Wii is an amazing concept, but has not managed to use it's advantages to it's own advantage. If the graphics and line of games were stepped up I wouldn't be able to argue that there was a better system. I often find it hard to aim when running and gunning but witht he Wii all you need is a steady hand. Theres just quite a bit of room for improvement.

#56 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:03 PM

Perhaps people misunderstood what I emant in the begining. Wii is an amazing concept, but has not managed to use it's advantages to it's own advantage. If the graphics and line of games were stepped up I wouldn't be able to argue that there was a better system. I often find it hard to aim when running and gunning but witht he Wii all you need is a steady hand. Theres just quite a bit of room for improvement.

No one is denying that a 360/ps3 combined with a Wii would be a near perfect system, which is pretty much what you're saying.
Posted Image

#57 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:29 PM

I have played Wii at friends and it is a lot of fun. If I were to buy a system strictly for fun and games I would get a Wii. I have no interest in FPS that dominate the other consoles. Madden on Wii is a lot of fun.

That said, I was looking for a next gen DVD player and ended up buying a PS3. The only game I have for it is Madden but thanks to all the Buy One/Get One Blu-Ray deals I have a nice movie collection. And Netflix keeps things fresh. To do the same thing on an xBox 360 would be much more expensive. And I think that if either format wins it will be Blu-Ray.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users