#141 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,869 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:39 PM

:lol:

Uh...then they aren't annoying I suppose? I dunno. I was just thinking back to the Hot Dog Game where this five(ish) year old was screaming at the top of his lungs "LET'S GO DEVIIIIIIIIIIIIILS!!!" over and over again...he sounded like a car alarm or something. Gave me quite the headache.

If you were in 229 or 230, I know what kid you were talkin about. I never wanted to punch a kid so much in my life.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#142 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:41 PM

I'm use to it my daughters car seat is right behind me when I drive. :lol:

Well then you have an edge. I have no children, duh!

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#143 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:43 PM

If you were in 229 or 230, I know what kid you were talkin about. I never wanted to punch a kid so much in my life.

haha I'm pretty sure that's where I was, I don't have the ticket anymore and I can't remember for sure...but it sounds right!

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#144 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:53 PM

I'm just going to chalk all this up as everyone in the world is annoying. :evil:

That's pretty close to my motto I've been using for most of my life now.

"People Suck"

Descriptive, short, simple, true. :wink2:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#145 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:58 PM

I forgot to mention that I also hate when little kids (likely the ones who are screaming bloody murder, no less) keep kicking the back of my seat as hard as they possibly can. Generally at first I'll shoot a nasty look at their parents...which never works, because the parents are idiots. So, when it doesn't stop, I say to idiot parent "can you please tell your child to stop kicking my chair?"

They stop, but it usually only lasts about five minutes or so.

Last game I went to, I was just not having any of it at all. The kid was kicking my chair. I shot nasty look. I asked the parent (kindly) to have their kid stop kicking my seat. Kid still kicked. I had enough. I turned around and yelled at the kid to stop kicking my chair. The parent had the balls to yell at ME! You know what? CONTROL YOUR GOD DAMN KID THEN, a$$holE, AND I WON'T HAVE TO YELL AT THEM!

I'm so not having kids anytime soon...

You stated the issue right here. More often than not it's the PARENTS who are the problem. I've seen and been around kids who were delightful and well-behaved because their parents actually discipline them and teach them how to behave properly and how to be considerate of others. That parent who yelled at you is the same kind who will yell at coaches if his or her kid gets cut from the team, and will lash out at the teacher that dares to fail his or her bundle of joy. The entitled parents think their entitled chidren should be able to do whatever they want and get whatever they want, and to hell with everyone who's inconvenienced and aggravated as a result.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 03 January 2008 - 01:59 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#146 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:09 PM

Try this going on behind you.
Woman (I think visiting from Florida- Tampa Bay was playing the Devils last year at CAA) Talking loudly on cell phone to probably a child back home.

HI HONEY! I'M AT THE DEVILS GAME IN NEW JERSEY, YOU KNOW HOCKEY! PUT THE GAME ON THE TV! TRY CHANNEL 38(She kept repeating different channels then:) TRY ESPN. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE GAME ISN'T ON ESPN. (5 minutes of this harangue. Back to guessing channels. Finally the game is found.) 10 minutes of this: CAN YOU SEE ME? HOW ABOUT NOW? THE PLAY'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. YOU DON'T SEE ME?....I'M WAVING AT THE CAMERA. (She was sitting in row 8 of the upper deck.) Once that annoying phone conversation ended she proceded to talk about everything other than hockey (LOUDLY) to her seatmate the rest of the game.

Edited by Rock, 03 January 2008 - 02:14 PM.

Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#147 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:16 PM

ROCK! :hi:

Annoying phone conversations are, well, annoying, too.

CR1976 - You hit the nail right on the head. I had a similar conversation with my mother the other day. My cousin had brought all 9000 of her kids over to visit our grandmother (their great-grandmother), they are the biggest brats in the world. They tear the house apart, break things, beat up on each other, even attacked an animal...what did my cousin do? Absolutely nothing. Better yet, after tearing the house apart, they just left it like that -- didn't even put anything back where it was. I came home and saw the war zone, I was livid. If I had done any of that as a kid, my mother would have set me straight real quick. Granted, I'd never hit a cat, but if I made a big mess at someone else's house (which I never would have done, either), my mother would have made me clean it up.

Parents need to actually parent their kids. There are some wonderful kids out there, but those lil stinkers need to be taught some lessons reeeeaaal quick.

#148 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,869 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:17 PM

haha I'm pretty sure that's where I was, I don't have the ticket anymore and I can't remember for sure...but it sounds right!

Well, do you remember a REALLY loud guy in a Winnipeg jersey constantly yelling "Jets Hockey Lives On" and other things to that effect from the last row?

Cause that guy was next to me. (I knew I shoulda gone to the game alone...)

I was the guy in the 1992 Brodeur St. Hyacinthe Laser jersey. (Ebay is awesome)
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#149 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,869 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:21 PM

Try this going on behind you.
Woman (I think visiting from Florida- Tampa Bay was playing the Devils last year at CAA) Talking loudly on cell phone to probably a child back home.

HI HONEY! I'M AT THE DEVILS GAME IN NEW JERSEY, YOU KNOW HOCKEY! PUT THE GAME ON THE TV! TRY CHANNEL 38(She kept repeating different channels then:) TRY ESPN. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE GAME ISN'T ON ESPN. (5 minutes of this harangue. Back to guessing channels. Finally the game is found.) 10 minutes of this: CAN YOU SEE ME? HOW ABOUT NOW? THE PLAY'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. YOU DON'T SEE ME?....I'M WAVING AT THE CAMERA. (She was sitting in row 8 of the upper deck.) Once that annoying phone conversation ended she proceded to talk about everything other than hockey (LOUDLY) to her seatmate the rest of the game.

Reading this made me so mad, I just swung around in my chair and punched the air behind me. Makes me wonder if people actually realize that they are being annoying, or just don't care.

#150 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:44 PM

RD is just pure roid rage that's all there is to be said about it!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#151 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:02 PM

Obviously.

#152 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:27 PM

RD is just pure roid rage that's all there is to be said about it!

:mellow:

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#153 lovesheenax

lovesheenax

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:24 PM

hm, would anyone like to tell me what "puck bunnies" mean?

#154 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

hm, would anyone like to tell me what "puck bunnies" mean?

:doh1:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#155 xsupjess

xsupjess

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:50 PM

Maybe you should spend less time going to hockey games and a little more time on your English homework.

So anyone who chooses to describe you and your annoying lil' clan as "tennyboppers" must be old? Gotta love teenage logic.

Here's what you and your fellow puckbunnies fail to understand: there's a difference between being loud, and being shrill and shrieking for the sake of shrieking.

as long as we're there we'll scream as loud and shrill as we would like and you can't do anything about it. well except talk about us on a blog, which won't help you any.

and you probably are old. what are you pushing forty or something?

#156 lovesheenax

lovesheenax

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

:doh1:

i'm serious tho, i'd like to kno what that means. it's not my fault i don't kno what a "puck bunny" is.
which i think is a ridiculous name, btw.

#157 Kulags

Kulags

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:24 PM

It's a pretty common term actually. Don't worry, it just means a young female hockey fan. Not derogatory in the slightest. Don't feel intimidated or unwelcome because of anyone here. Just tone it down a bit is all...
Official Keeper:
The Bouncing Souls' "Ole" as the Goal Song

#158 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

i'm serious tho, i'd like to kno what that means. it's not my fault i don't kno what a "puck bunny" is.
which i think is a ridiculous name, btw.

A bunny in the shape of a puck. Duhhh
Posted Image

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#159 lovesheenax

lovesheenax

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:05 PM

It's a pretty common term actually. Don't worry, it just means a young female hockey fan. Not derogatory in the slightest. Don't feel intimidated or unwelcome because of anyone here. Just tone it down a bit is all...

oh, i've heard it twice. last nights game and then this forum. ohh, thanks. i thought it was some harsh term or something. i'm far from intimidated by anyone here, i'm just like whatever now.

Edited by lovesheenax, 03 January 2008 - 09:07 PM.

#160 xsupjess

xsupjess

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:20 PM

thank you for not being rude or mean. : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users