21 replies to this topic

#1 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:30 PM

Third attempt to kill her since she arrived back in Pakistan on Oct 17th, you'd think she'd have left.

http://www.cnn.com/S...utto/index.html

#2 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:01 PM

Very,very sad day.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#3 Super 17

Super 17

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:15 PM

It was going to happen eventually :(
Posted Image

#4 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:16 PM

I honestly think Musharraf played a large part in this... she was coming back to work with him and get him to relinquish his military role in the government. NO WAY he was going to do that...

#5 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:59 PM

A sad day for her people. RIP
So Say We All

#6 metallidevils

metallidevils

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:38 PM

RIP, but I'm probably the only one here to have never heard of her.
"We had our chances. But Martin Brodeur is a hell of a player."
Posted Image
Posted Image of "It's a power play goal! F*** you Sam Rosen!"

#7 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:40 PM

I don't think Musharref had anything to do with it, to be honest.

This could destabilize his position in government.
Is that a Japanese configuration?

#8 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:29 PM

B Bhutto wasn't exactly Princess Diana. It wasn't very long ago that no one in Washington DC would be caught dead in the same bus with her. (pardon the expression.) I have a very big problem with the US trying to run other countries' democracies. It comes out that we just back one dictator after another. In 3-4 years, she probably would have turned out just like Musharaff has. Heck, she already did it once before, as her father did.

All the same, it is a sad day for the people of Pakistan.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#9 South Jersey Devs Fan

South Jersey Devs Fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 03:46 PM

I don't know enough about her history to have a comment of any value other than thanking God I'm an American. We should all be more grateful for the freedom and stability we have here. Our country has some issues but is still the greatest.
Posted Image
"Martin Brodeur is the gold standard of goaltending -- the model of character, consistency and commitment to the craft. A champion. A winner above all.

"It is difficult to imagine any player who is more universally, and deservedly, respected. The National Hockey League is extremely proud of Martin, his historic achievement and his enduring contribution to our game."

#10 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,420 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:23 PM

I don't think Musharref had anything to do with it, to be honest.

This could destabilize his position in government.

I agree, that would be the logical conclusion -- but logic just never seems to play apart in government. BUT Musharref has been pretty logical (in a self-serving sense, sure) in all his dealings thus far

I'm here for the party

#11 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:48 AM

I don't know enough about her history to have a comment of any value other than thanking God I'm an American. We should all be more grateful for the freedom and stability we have here. Our country has some issues but is still the greatest.

Some of our resident lefty loons may take issue with your "flag waving"
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#12 Comandante

Comandante

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:12 PM

The "ppp" lost a very important person.. :(

#13 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

Some of our resident lefty loons may take issue with your "flag waving"

Lefty loons...haha your like a real life Bill O'Reilly.

Objectivity.
Posted Image

#14 Camden28

Camden28

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:54 PM

In yesterday’s Washington Post, respected Pakistan analyst Ahmed Rashid explained a key problem with current U.S. policy:

The problem is exacerbated by a dramatic drop-off in U.S. expertise on Pakistan. Retired American officials say that, for the first time in U.S. history, nobody with serious Pakistan experience is working in the South Asia bureau of the State Department, on State’s policy planning staff, on the National Security Council staff or even in Vice President Cheney’s office. Anne W. Patterson, the new U.S. ambassador to Islamabad, is an expert on Latin American “drugs and thugs”; Richard A. Boucher, the assistant secretary of state for South and Central Asian affairs, is a former department spokesman who served three tours in Hong Kong and China but never was posted in South Asia. “They know nothing of Pakistan,” a former senior U.S. diplomat said.

Current and past U.S. officials tell me that Pakistan policy is essentially being run from Cheney’s office. The vice president, they say, is close to Musharraf and refuses to brook any U.S. criticism of him. This all fits; in recent months, I’m told, Pakistani opposition politicians visiting Washington have been ushered in to meet Cheney’s aides, rather than taken to the State Department.

Cheney’s office has been linked to some of the most damaging and reckless policies carried out under President Bush, including the origins of the war in the Iraq, warrantless domestic spying, the historic expansion of executive authority and the sanctioning of torture. It’s no surprise to find Cheney’s fingerprints on the failing U.S.-Pakistan policy as well.

#15 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:49 PM

In yesterday’s Washington Post, respected Pakistan analyst Ahmed Rashid explained a key problem with current U.S. policy:

The problem is exacerbated by a dramatic drop-off in U.S. expertise on Pakistan. Retired American officials say that, for the first time in U.S. history, nobody with serious Pakistan experience is working in the South Asia bureau of the State Department, on State’s policy planning staff, on the National Security Council staff or even in Vice President Cheney’s office. Anne W. Patterson, the new U.S. ambassador to Islamabad, is an expert on Latin American “drugs and thugs”; Richard A. Boucher, the assistant secretary of state for South and Central Asian affairs, is a former department spokesman who served three tours in Hong Kong and China but never was posted in South Asia. “They know nothing of Pakistan,” a former senior U.S. diplomat said.

Current and past U.S. officials tell me that Pakistan policy is essentially being run from Cheney’s office. The vice president, they say, is close to Musharraf and refuses to brook any U.S. criticism of him. This all fits; in recent months, I’m told, Pakistani opposition politicians visiting Washington have been ushered in to meet Cheney’s aides, rather than taken to the State Department.

Cheney’s office has been linked to some of the most damaging and reckless policies carried out under President Bush, including the origins of the war in the Iraq, warrantless domestic spying, the historic expansion of executive authority and the sanctioning of torture. It’s no surprise to find Cheney’s fingerprints on the failing U.S.-Pakistan policy as well.

Another loony left hatchet job pumped up by zanies like Camden28.

Bitter much?
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#16 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:46 PM

Wait....I thought is was Rove's fault :doh1:
So Say We All

#17 LOULAM1

LOULAM1

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:52 PM

Wait....I thought is was Rove's fault :doh1:

Britney is Rove's fault!

"Current and past U.S. officials tell me that Pakistan policy is essentially being run from Cheney’s office." WHO THE HELL ARE THE CURRENT AND PAST U.S. OFFICIALS?!

It's actually quite funny that this punk can't name a source.

Edited by LOULAM1, 04 January 2008 - 08:53 PM.

#18 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:05 PM

Another loony left hatchet job pumped up by zanies like Camden28.

Bitter much?

I dont consider myself too liberal or conservative but why do you have such problems with people expressing what they feel about certain topics?

#19 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:14 AM

unfortunately we played a big role in facilitating the assassination. we were the main actors in negotiating bhutto return to pakistan. since the us government felt she would do a better job going after al qaeda in the tribal regions in pakistan. second, we have been propping up a military dictator that is not popularly elected. while he does benefit our interests in the short term this will wind up turning into a disaster. we are radicalizing a country that previously did not have a large extremist population. in fact if a popular and free election was called tomorrow a hamas like result would not occur.

#20 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:23 AM

It's America's fault..........see above post.

I dont consider myself too liberal or conservative but why do you have such problems with people expressing what they feel about certain topics?

'cause Camden28 is a liberal hatchet lady. She is a far left kook who attacks me at all times and I don't care for her kind.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users