133 replies to this topic

#121 spyro

spyro

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:45 PM

good game because we finally scored a pp goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#122 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:22 AM

Kind of interesting... Paul Martin lead the team with 22:51, and was followed by White and Mottau with 22:08 each. What i found pretty cool was that Parise and Madden had 20:53 and Gionta had 20:39. I had felt they were together a lot, and looking at this, it would seem that they were together all game. I'm really impressed with how Gionta has come along recently.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#123 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:26 AM

Why won't my posts be really wide? :(

Edited by devils26, 03 January 2008 - 01:28 AM.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#124 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,573 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:27 AM

spyro broke the thread :saddevil:

Edited by RD, 03 January 2008 - 01:28 AM.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#125 Kulags

Kulags

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:03 AM

I disagree about Zajac. As much as I wanted him to have a good game and was cheering him on the whole way, he looked lost out there much of the time.

Was happy with Pelley's game, he found the bench quite well tonight on a number of occasions. That's good, he should keep that up.

Snuck into some vacant rich people's seats tonight. Let me tell you, down there is where it's at. FREE PIZZA and you get to use the same bathroom as Doc and Chico. Highly recommend getting up the gall to go down there. Just spot some seats in the first and own them. Strut if you must. A couple beers and a cavalier attitude doesn't hurt. If anyone questions you, mumble something incoherently about your Dad inventing Nike, Prudential or Vanderbeek. That's how you do it.

If anyone was in Hell's Kitchen after the game, I was the idiot singing "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown" and yelling obscenities at the Rangers and Flyers fans in there. :D
Official Keeper:
The Bouncing Souls' "Ole" as the Goal Song

#126 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,436 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:22 AM

I disagree about Zajac. As much as I wanted him to have a good game and was cheering him on the whole way, he looked lost out there much of the time.

Zajac was the best offensive player the Devils ha all game. He was skating well and created a bunch of chances for himself and others. I knew his great game wouldn't get recognized unless he scored a goal though so that's why I specifically brought it up.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#127 CupChamps3X

CupChamps3X

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:12 AM

I was the idiot singing "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown" and yelling obscenities at the Rangers and Flyers fans in there. :D

Way to give Devils fans a good name. Just goes to show you that idiots can take any position on any issue. For more proof, turn on CNN and watch the iowa caucus
The Shake N Sift!

The (only) Voice of Moderation on NJDEVS

#128 Kulags

Kulags

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:47 AM

Way to give Devils fans a good name. Just goes to show you that idiots can take any position on any issue. For more proof, turn on CNN and watch the iowa caucus

Eh, it was all in good fun. Besides, I knew the Rangers fan, and he wore an Avery jersey to the game. I think he deserved a few obscenities tossed his way. Booted him in the ass a couple times, too.
Official Keeper:

#129 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,599 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:52 AM

Snuck into some vacant rich people's seats tonight. Let me tell you, down there is where it's at. FREE PIZZA and you get to use the same bathroom as Doc and Chico. Highly recommend getting up the gall to go down there. Just spot some seats in the first and own them. Strut if you must. A couple beers and a cavalier attitude doesn't hurt. If anyone questions you, mumble something incoherently about your Dad inventing Nike, Prudential or Vanderbeek. That's how you do it.

Your dad invented Vanderbeek? :joker:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#130 Kulags

Kulags

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:00 AM

Your dad invented Vanderbeek? :joker:

Sure did. :smilegah: Jealous?
Official Keeper:

#131 agnes

agnes

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:57 AM

some Devils photos I took at the game can be found here:

http://www.shotsaved.com

first time using my point-and-shoot canon powershot g9 (did use photoshop to edit to my liking). when I went to a game few weeks ago, they told me that "cameras with lenses that can come off are not allowed." AKA digital SLRs. quite a bummer. I used to take my Nikon D70s to games last year at the old arena, and even 2 games earlier this season. but, I guess not allowed anymore. :evilcry:

#132 agnes

agnes

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:01 PM

Sure did. :smilegah: Jealous?

off-topic, but, sweet Banner quoteage.

#133 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:20 PM

some Devils photos I took at the game can be found here:

http://www.shotsaved.com

first time using my point-and-shoot canon powershot g9 (did use photoshop to edit to my liking). when I went to a game few weeks ago, they told me that "cameras with lenses that can come off are not allowed." AKA digital SLRs. quite a bummer. I used to take my Nikon D70s to games last year at the old arena, and even 2 games earlier this season. but, I guess not allowed anymore. :evilcry:

You had some really nice shots in there. I liked the opening night one, and the one of the tunnel back to the Giants Stadium parking lot stood out for some reason.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#134 agnes

agnes

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:36 PM

You had some really nice shots in there. I liked the opening night one, and the one of the tunnel back to the Giants Stadium parking lot stood out for some reason.

thanks! I do like that tunnel one a lot, considering it was the last Devils game ever at the meadowlands and the last walk through the tunnel. I did wish the picture came out with less grain/noise, I didn't know much about ISO back then. Photoshop helped a little bit with cleaning it up. though I wish I took better/more tunnel shots that night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users