26 replies to this topic

#21 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:47 AM

I wouldn't say it's a "sign while he's hot" deal. He's been consistently good since he was traded here at the beginning of last season. He was happy to get out of Montreal, happy to be in Dallas, and he's played well. Only time will tell whether it's $25mil good.
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#22 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:53 AM

I wouldn't say it's a "sign while he's hot" deal. He's been consistently good since he was traded here at the beginning of last season. He was happy to get out of Montreal, happy to be in Dallas, and he's played well. Only time will tell whether it's $25mil good.

It's his shooting percentage that says he is "hot" right now. It's an extremely unlikely he can even maintain half the shooting percentage he has right now. So take his 21 goals and make it 10 and that's what you would normally expect from him at this point. He got 5 million a season and he is a 20 goal scorer so a guy better bring a lot else to the table to get up to 5 million and he just doesn't from what I've seen.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#23 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

an oldie but a goodie.

#24 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

bumped this to point out he's a UFA this summer?

Our issue will be he wants 5 years. That is if he even wants to come here or is even on Lou's radar.

From my understanding, before coming to Washington, he had some off the ice issues, especially with his love of the nightlife.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#25 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

bumped this to point out he's a UFA this summer?

Our issue will be he wants 5 years. That is if he even wants to come here or is even on Lou's radar.

From my understanding, before coming to Washington, he had some off the ice issues, especially with his love of the nightlife.

Yeah this guy is kind of out there to put it lightly.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#26 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Yeah this guy is kind of out there to put it lightly.

Very skilled. Got that DUI a couple years ago though and he's a crybaby whiner if I recall. Clarkson does enough of that, we don't need more.

#27 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

Very skilled. Got that DUI a couple years ago though and he's a crybaby whiner if I recall. Clarkson does enough of that, we don't need more.

If we went this route, could realistically replace Clarkson with more expected points...

Ah playing armchair GM can be fun sometimes

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users