8761 replies to this topic

#4341 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

My parents had a really good plan of action.

I could drink at 11 with dinner... A cup of wine or beer depending and usually NOT everyday or every other...

At 18 I could drink whenever I wanted, but I was not allowed to leave the hosue that day if I was going to drive. I applaud them for allowing this and I never once abused that rule. When I got to college "drinking" was not as cool and I concentrated on school work first. I think if more parents did this, policed their kids, underage drinking issues, DUI's, and detox visits would be down. The trust factor could be raised as well to help that bond that teenage years didn't always have. I was an only child who was not handed a car or much of anything else and I am thankful of it. I saw a lot of friends whose parents were strict with the booze and they did poorly, didn't complete, or turned into an exotic dancer because of it (the last one is a great story).

See, the laws in this country should reflect Britain, where I legally can (and will) drink this summer. Beer/wine at 16 with parents present, 18 alone, hard liquor at 21. The drinking problems there are significantly less, for a reason.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#4342 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,013 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:29 PM

See, the laws in this country should reflect Britain, where I legally can (and will) drink this summer. Beer/wine at 16 with parents present, 18 alone, hard liquor at 21. The drinking problems there are significantly less, for a reason.

Seriously. Half of the teen-drinking issues in this country are to purposely be defiant.. remove the "i'm a badass" affect of drinking, and I gaurentee it reduces the issue.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#4343 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:30 PM

Moderation, a plan, and not doing something stupid because of "beer courage" are also good to have.
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#4344 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:35 PM

Moderation, a plan, and not doing something stupid because of "beer courage" are also good to have.

True, but that entirely falls on the parents, which, unfortunately, is a lot harder to change than a law.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#4345 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:39 PM

Seriously. Half of the teen-drinking issues in this country are to purposely be defiant.. remove the "i'm a badass" affect of drinking, and I gaurentee it reduces the issue.

the other half would be not selling beer at live sporting events :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#4346 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,013 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:41 PM

Point: taken. :)

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#4347 welcometotherock

welcometotherock

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:42 PM

Wondershowzen (if anyone knows what that is)

That show was great, are they still airing reruns?

#4348 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:50 PM

I left Whitest Kids U' Know off my list! How could I do such a thing!!??!!!???

#4349 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:50 PM

That show was great, are they still airing reruns?

Hahaha... DVD only but it's worth it.

#4350 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:51 PM

See, I don't agree with that just cause of the revenue it generates for teams. What they should do is allow the ushers to have breathalyzers and be able to check people whom they think are drunk, and if they are, not allow them to drive home, though I don't know how you'd prove if they were driving or taking the train or if that is at all legal.

#4351 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:54 PM

#4352 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:08 PM

Has someone taken your faith? Its real, the pain you feel The life, the love You die to heal The hope that starts The broken hearts Your trust, you must Confess

#4353 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:11 PM

Has someone taken your faith? Its real, the pain you feel The life, the love You die to heal The hope that starts The broken hearts Your trust, you must Confess

That sums up how I feel right now

#4354 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

Is someone getting the best? The best? The best? The best of you?

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#4355 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

Actually this is how I feel right now:

#4356 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:29 PM

IS SOMEONE GETTING THE BEST, THE BEST,THE BEST OF YOU??? I love the Foo Fighters. My favorite band ever.

My favorite B-side of theirs:

FAT..FVCKING...LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edit: woops, lastone beat me to finishing Best of you :doh1:

Edited by RSC, 21 April 2009 - 05:29 PM.

#4357 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:07 PM

See, I don't agree with that just cause of the revenue it generates for teams. What they should do is allow the ushers to have breathalyzers and be able to check people whom they think are drunk, and if they are, not allow them to drive home, though I don't know how you'd prove if they were driving or taking the train or if that is at all legal.

See and I don't care that it makes the teams money
the downside of idiots who can't handle it and the general safety of others is more relevant :P

Woot... rare sober post from bar B )

(CMON HYPOCRISY!!!)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#4358 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

See and I don't care that it makes the teams money
the downside of idiots who can't handle it and the general safety of others is more relevant :P

Woot... rare sober post from bar B )

(CMON HYPOCRISY!!!)

You're there already? hot damn

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#4359 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:17 PM

You're there already? hot damn

wanted to ensure the flyers game, the devils game and the outlet for my laptop... coming sir??

(not to mention the columbus massacare via slingbox on the laptop)

#4360 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:19 PM

This is andrew signing in from the bar. Had to bring my iPod in to fit in this time. Ciao tutti!! Io bevo molto birre a noche!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users