8765 replies to this topic

#4381 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

Man, I need someone to talk to. I screamed "FVCK" when the Canes scored and it echoed.... it's so creepy sitting in an empty house and yelling at the top of your lungs...

Sorry bout your grandma, MB. I only have one left, have for most of my life, I don't know what I'd do without her...

But the Devils tied it at least :)

Posted Image

I'M MARKING OUT AGAIN!!!!!! :lol:

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#4382 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:20 PM

Drinking seems worth it right now.

Official keeper of: Kevin Clark, Dr. Murray Seltzer,
The Arena Lounge (outside on Greene and Mullberry), and David Clarkson's lisp.

#4383 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

I need several.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#4384 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:35 PM

Tonight is a night in which being poor is REALLY fvcking me over. I need about 5 shots in a row right now, and my house is dry.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#4385 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:38 PM

See, the laws in this country should reflect Britain, where I legally can (and will) drink this summer. Beer/wine at 16 with parents present, 18 alone, hard liquor at 21. The drinking problems there are significantly less, for a reason.

Um...are those age rules just for you? Cos...that ain't correct.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#4386 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:38 PM

Um...are those age rules just for you? Cos...that ain't correct.

Really? Wikipedia lied to me.

#4387 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:45 PM

18. To buy alcohol.

You can be in bars (pubs) alone at 14. Unless it serves food, then any age.

You can DRINK alcohol pretty much at any age...it is completely unenforced.

So wikipedia is not incorrect, but very roundabout.

I was buying alcohol in pubs alone at 14. As were most of my fiends.

There are no ID cards in the UK, so really there isn't any way to tell your age.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#4388 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

18. To buy alcohol.

You can be in bars (pubs) alone at 14. Unless it serves food, then any age.

You can DRINK alcohol pretty much at any age...it is completely unenforced.

So wikipedia is not incorrect, but very roundabout.

I was buying alcohol in pubs alone at 14. As were most of my fiends.

There are no ID cards in the UK, so really there isn't any way to tell your age.

huh, better than I thought. Thanks, Threestars

#4389 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

And I had exposure to beer (in shandy form) from....hmm...under 10? And wine too.

Unless you look like a very young 17 year old...you will be fine.

Posted Image

#4390 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,920 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

Posted Image

is that not David Effing Clarkson???
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#4391 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:32 PM

I only drink when I'm alone or with friends... keeps me from drinking when I don't want to! ;) :thumbsup:

Posted Image

is that not David Effing Clarkson???

WOW she straightened her hair...means she is on the prowl!!!
Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#4392 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:34 PM

Your face looks good in khakis

:rofl: I almost shot Guinness out my nose when I read that. PRICELESS!

You basterds are lucky. I live out here in the middle of no-where and have ZERO Devils fans around while you guys all go out and drink, eat, chat, and watch the game together. It really makes me feel worthless. If I lived closer I would so be out with you guys with my wife. If I make it out to a playoff game, I expect you guys to be around... I know Cupcake will be (I hope so at least). Gotta' see her "face in khaki's!" What about "Dockers?"

Edited by Chorske17, 21 April 2009 - 10:37 PM.

Game Worn Devils Collector! Please contact me concerning all things: Tom Chorske, Patrik Elias, David Hale, Bobby Holik, Jamie Langenbrunner, Grant Marshall, Kirk Muller, & Brian Rolston.

#4393 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:35 PM

Is it just me, or is the "believers' thread" concept getting beaten to death this season? Used to be it was saved for when the Devs were in deep sh!t. Now it seems like it comes out after every loss. Or are we finally so bipolar that we need it?

Oh, and we set a new users online record a half hour ago. Woot.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#4394 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,920 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

Is it just me, or is the "believers' thread" concept getting beaten to death this season? Used to be it was saved for when the Devs were in deep sh!t. Now it seems like it comes out after every loss. Or are we finally so bipolar that we need it?

Wow... you mean this board take sh!t WAY too seriously??

naaahhhhhhhh :lol:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#4395 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:39 PM

We are the believers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

....Wait, that's not how the quote goes. We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

Nevermind, I don't have a pop-culture believer reference that I didn't already use in the believers thread.

Also, I was looking at the numbers an hour ago wondering if we had it in us to make it. Shame it happened tonight and not, y'know, after a win or something.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#4396 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:06 PM

Tonight is a night in which being poor is REALLY fvcking me over. I need about 5 shots in a row right now, and my house is dry.

I had like $26 left on my debit. I just drank it dry, literally.

:rofl: I almost shot Guinness out my nose when I read that. PRICELESS!

You basterds are lucky. I live out here in the middle of no-where and have ZERO Devils fans around while you guys all go out and drink, eat, chat, and watch the game together. It really makes me feel worthless. If I lived closer I would so be out with you guys with my wife. If I make it out to a playoff game, I expect you guys to be around... I know Cupcake will be (I hope so at least). Gotta' see her "face in khaki's!" What about "Dockers?"

They were giving me sh!t the whole game! Yeah you really need to make it out for a game. It's so much fun. AHAHA yeah I straightened my hair. I am on the look out. :)

#4397 Chorske17

Chorske17

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:07 PM

Ah... I predict Cupcake to post momentarily... See if I am correct!

EDIT: I missed her by seconds...

I'll come join in the drunken debauchery, but I need a hotel to go back to... ONe preferribly without the sounds of gunfire, prostitutes, drugs, bed bugs, or cockroaches... I know that might be part of the appeal around Newark, but I'll save it for a later visit...

Edited by Chorske17, 21 April 2009 - 11:10 PM.

#4398 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:08 PM

Ah... I predict Cupcake to post momentarily... See if I am correct!

You're so correct that you're too late. :lol:

#4399 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,920 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:11 PM

They were giving me sh!t the whole game! Yeah you really need to make it out for a game. It's so much fun. AHAHA yeah I straightened my hair. I am on the look out. :)

Some of us have not stopped with the grief party and then asked the subject for his approval on it :lol:

#4400 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:13 PM

Some of us have not stopped with the grief party and then asked the subject for his approval on it :lol:

EDIT: I got so excited at that... my post posted before I wrote something.

YESSSSSSSSS APROVEDDDDDD! :wub: :thumbsup:

Edited by cupcake23, 21 April 2009 - 11:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users