Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

Do any of you kind PS3 folks know if it's possible to add songs to NHL 09? The music that comes with this game is painfully bad, and if I just turn off the songs I can't stand I'll be left with only like one or two.

I'm reasonably certain you can't.

And also, WARRIORS OF TIME FTW!

I remember a game in the spring when the Devils used that song for one of the 'returning to the ice' songs, me and my friend Christina turned to each other at the same time and yelled "ITS THE SONG FROM NHL 09!"

I don't know why I have such a strange affection for that song.

I'm reasonably certain you can't.

And also, WARRIORS OF TIME FTW!

I remember a game in the spring when the Devils used that song for one of the 'returning to the ice' songs, me and my friend Christina turned to each other at the same time and yelled "ITS THE SONG FROM NHL 09!"

I don't know why I have such a strange affection for that song.

Well ... that blows. That song in particular isn't bad, but if I hear that Panic At The Sh!tshow song ever again, I can't be held responsible for all the babies I'll inevitably punch.

Do any of you kind PS3 folks know if it's possible to add songs to NHL 09? The music that comes with this game is painfully bad, and if I just turn off the songs I can't stand I'll be left with only like one or two.

not on the PS3 version, only on xbox 360 version.

although this is apparently fixed for NHL 10.

im sure a lot of us play as the Devils on NHL 09, but if you want a fun game, add me as a friend on the PS3.

PSN: dark_tranq

An update of how things are going for my situation.

Yesterday I was talking to this girl again. Instead of asking her what she was doing this weekend, I was telling her what an idiot I am for taking the SAT in June. I asked her if she was taking it, she said no her birthday was monday and she's having her best friends (girls) sleeping over friday and didn't want to get up early Saturday. I guess that's better than asking her if she wants to go out and getting that answer. Anyway, It's almost like she knew I was going to ask her. I couldn't tell if it was good or bad though. I've been thinking that she went and told me what she was doing this weekend before I would've asked her because, she didn't want me to ask her because she is interested and wouldn't be able to. Almost like she would have to say no thanks but didn't want to say no. That's what I'm hoping for at least.

Almost like she would have to say no thanks but didn't want to say no. That's what I'm hoping for at least.

in my experience, chicks will say anything just so they "dont hurt your feelings".

for some stupid reason, females think that regardless of doing the action that would normally hurt your feelings, and covering it up with a lie or otherwise so they dont, is justifiable.

they cant take responsibility for their actions and front up with the truth.

they do whatever it takes as to not hurt your feelings.

also re-reading, she could have just been having an innocent conversation, and hinting when she was busy, so you could ask her to do something on a day/night she wasnt busy.

see question [a] :)

if i were you and in your position, id just ask a straight forward question, that can only have a straight forward answer.

females arent worth the brain strain, and if you can find one that doesnt do that to you, you know you have a keeper.

i.e. in your situation -

a] would you like to come to dinner with me [insert a specific date, never be general]? - obviously yes/no

if she answers no.. but you think youve picked up signals that she may be interested..

just ask her straight out..

b] are you interested in dating me?

the worst that can happen is a no.. and then atleast you dont have to be left wondering what the fvck is going on and you can move on to the next one.

:)

Edited by newjerseydamo

Well ... that blows. That song in particular isn't bad, but if I hear that Panic At The Sh!tshow song ever again, I can't be held responsible for all the babies I'll inevitably punch.

Hahaha yea the music in that game drives me nuts too. It is by far the worst part of the game.

so this evening I picked a topic, did research, did my paper, bibliography and learned how to cite a paper Chicago style (i uaually use apa or mla format) did my footnotes, and typed half of it up..started after supper and decided to call it quits a few hours ago. AND| its a good paper...good thing, it's worth 35% of my final grade..such a champion I am!

Edited by annabelle

Hahaha yea the music in that game drives me nuts too. It is by far the worst part of the game.

I can't tell the difference between panic at the disco and good charlotte. they sound exactly the same to me and both bands are just awful.

the only good songs in nhl 09 are the avenged one, and the bullet one

The whole time I watched T4, I couldn't get over how much the Kyle Reese guy looked like Patrik Elias.

1389.jpg

CSH-039382.jpg

... learned how to cite a paper Chicago style ...

Deep dish citations?

I can't tell the difference between panic at the disco and good charlotte. they sound exactly the same to me and both bands are just awful.

I really dig that Airbourne song. They sound like a giant AC/DC ripoff, but I think I'm OK with that.

You can throw Fall Out Boy in there with Panic at the Disco and Good Charlotte. I am embarassed to say that the first concert I went to was a Good Charlotte show haha. I was kind of dragged there by a friend though.

I can't stand Avenged Sevenfold or Bullet for my Valentine either.

DiG - I thought the same thing while watching Star Trek! He's more baby faced but he just reminded me of him! I so thought he was a better Chekov than Chekov! Did we have the Star Trek the movie conversation here yet? or am I the only total dork here?

Ya know, I watched Star Trek before T4 and didn't make the Elias connection until I saw him as Reese. Maybe it was the hair?

The Star Trek convo happened somewhere ... mighta had it's own thread of the Summer Movies thread or somewhere. But that's a damn good movie. I never got into the whole Star Trek thing so I mighta missed a lot of subtle references, but I still thought it was a solid flick. Better than T4, IMO. There was a woman sitting next to me who musta been a giant Star Trek fan, because during the scene where Spock was talking to Spock she was balling her eyes out.

Fine haha.

So I'm shortening this as much as I can.

I'm sure you all know the awkward past of how long I've known her and how many times we've almost dated.

Beginning of April: I set Amy up with this guy Chris (before I met Jamie). They hit it off real well. They kept dragging me along as a third wheel and I didn't really care as long as my friend was happy.

Now lets keep in perspective that I was single for a while, the longest stretch since I was like 11 (about 6 or 7 months). Amy had every chance in the world to do something ( I would have said no, but she never even brought it up ).

Then I meet Jamie... after a few times hanging out I go to Amy for some advice. Amy says the same thing over and over again " I don't think she's right for you... blah blah blah "

She never gives me a real reason.

Then she says the magic words "Regardless of what I think, if you are happy, I support whatever you do." That's what a friend SHOULD say right? We'll see if she lives up to that.

A weekend in April: Down the shore at my friends house. Chris and Amy go upstairs at 2 AM to get their sex on. My father calls my cellphone at 3 am and says "Andrew your mother's not feeling well... I don't like you being so far away right now, please come home"

I banged on the door and gave Amy the option... 1. Stay til the next morning and there are a few people that will drive her to the train or up North.

2. Get dressed and come with me now.

She takes option 1.

The next morning I wake up at 8 am with texts and calls from her saying I stranded her there and she was going to take a cab. She then tells me the cab was 200$ and she wants me to give her at least 150$. Bull sh!t. I called. The cab would have been 91$. AAAAND I had 5... count em... 5... people tell me she took the train home and is just trying to get money out of me.

So then everyone knows what happened w/ me and Jamie so I don't need to re-tell it.

One night after dropping Jamie off, Amy calls me saying exactly this:

"Andrew.. I am jealous of Jamie. I feel like she's taking up a lot of your time. I miss you... and I feel like I missed out on something and I only got Chris as some kind of consolation prize."

So we remember I set them up before I even MET Jamie.

I haven't seen her since that conversation.

We had a few fights ...

She kept complaining that she didn't have a good boyfriend and blah blah blah. So finally I had a bad day at work and snapped on her saying:

"Amy... I'm insulted that you would tell me you're jealous when you are supposed to be my best friend and I'm actually happy for once! And I'm sick of you complaining that you dont have a boyfriend. Why don't you concentrate on graduating and paying back your loans! (She took out a 10,000 dollar loan for school and blew it all in AC and stuff... not one cent went to school) You drink almost every night of the week, smoke a crapload of ciggs every day and you dress like a WHORE. You don't have a boyfriend because you are a 190 pound girl that does absolutely nothing to better yourself and frankly it's embarrassing being around you."

So she cried and told me to go to hell.

But I was sick of being her b!tch. She liked to fvck three guys every week and then block any chance I ever had to meet a good girl because she wanted me on the backburner for when she was upset or whatever.

We didn't talk for a little... then the other day she sent me a message on Facebook saying "thanks for congratulating me on graduating and passing my classes" and I said "I didn't know that you did? Wouldn't you tell your friend these things"

She says "It was all over my Facebook!" and I said "Yeah... I have one of those job things that I go to all day... so I don't have the time to stalk people's Facebooks."

She flipped out again... then told me once again that I needed to pay her 150$ for that cab from April and I told her I knew she was lying that she took the train and is just trying to scam me for money because she has none because it all went to bullsh!t.

So since then she's been talking sh!t behind my back... then last night asked my friend Jon how Jamie and I were doing. He said "very very well" and she complained. Then unfriended the both of us today on Facebook.

So basically... someone who is supposed to be my best friend, that I've done SOOOO MUCH for... is trying to sabotage the relationship I'm in... other than that she is the most immature person I have ever met and she keeps proving it to me every day.

WOW, just ditch her. I feel for you and no one should have that kind of unwanted drama no matter what kind of past you two shared. I once had a girl who was interested in a little "side" action that I'm sure my wife would've LOVED! Anyway I told her I was not interested in it just increased her "desire" to either try to get a reaction out of me or have it happen. I showed my wife to do a pre-emptive (did I spell that correctly) strike on what she was soliciting and she was very calm and relaxed about it stating she didn't need to trust anyone else, just me. That really made me feel good that she knew I wouldn't cheat. So I finally got so fed up with this girl I told her I'd meet her at this bar and just never showed up, left my cellular phone home and took off that weekend to go for a mini-vacation. Funny, I had seventeen messages, a few adult themed "photos" sent via text and a note on my front door, but that ended ALL communication to date with her. I'm not saying you should do the same thing to this girl if she continues to be aggressive, but I feel you need to put a stop to it. Good luck.

....started after supper and decided to call it quits a few hours ago. AND| its a good paper...good thing, it's worth 35% of my final grade..such a champion I am!

post-909-1244236729_thumb.jpg

Friggin super genius!

Not to throw my two cents in here or anything, but after hearing Andrew's story, it makes me very happy that I'm approaching my 30's Being in your twenties stinks because of nonsencical stories like that. By the time you're 30, you usually have a decent job, you've figured (or at least starting to) figure all your sh!t out and you just don't have that kind of drama.

Oh, and I'm going to stick my neck out and say that the new album from Panic At the Disco (they dropped the ridiculous "!" in the name) isn't all that bad...dare I say, it's pretty freaking good. Their latest album sounds nothing like their first one, and thats a good thing. If their first album was too much Fall Out Boy, their second takes too much from the Beatles playbook. Yeah, it's that different. They pretty much went out of their way to alienate their entire "Warped Tour" fan base. The songs are still poppy as hell, but they're well done and have none of the "techno-emo" of the first record (except for the very first song, which is more of a joke then anything else).

Just had to get that out there!

The Star Trek convo happened somewhere ... mighta had it's own thread of the Summer Movies thread or somewhere. But that's a damn good movie. I never got into the whole Star Trek thing so I mighta missed a lot of subtle references, but I still thought it was a solid flick. Better than T4, IMO. There was a woman sitting next to me who musta been a giant Star Trek fan, because during the scene where Spock was talking to Spock she was balling her eyes out.

It's funny how two characters based on a lack of emotion envoked so muc h emotion in that scene....

said it in the movie thread too.. best reboot movie of all time... nothing comes CLOSE

yeah! that song is cool, they do sound a lot like ac/dc

I liked it enough that I downloaded the album. It's pretty damn good. Pretty much all of their songs sound like AC/DC's fastest, hardest stuff with a touch of a hair metal kind of thing going on.

math 242

language arts 220

I suck at math so I don't know how I pulled that one off. missed AP by 8 points 250=AP, 200=passing

Wait does your school base what class your in based on your HSPA scores? My school doesn't do sh!t if you pass but if you fail they make you take extra classes.