8765 replies to this topic

#7941 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:31 PM

I wake up feeling depressed every wednesday morning, not cool!

We have TimTams (like penguins but much better) at morning coffee on Wednesday. Really helps, plus, by Wednesday lunch it is almost the weekend.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#7942 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

I wake up feeling depressed every wednesday morning, not cool!

Why Wednesdays? Seems like a random day to wake up feeling depressed.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#7943 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

Can't get the commercial for the board game Shark Attack out of my head. :doh1:
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#7944 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

Why Wednesdays? Seems like a random day to wake up feeling depressed.

There's nothing random about hump day!
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#7945 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:18 PM

EXACTLY sammy.... an hump day alone -- well -- it's just not hump day then is it?

Arnott's TimTams lest we forget 3*s - or are there other kinds?

and how is a hobnob seriously any different from any chocolate covered digestive? and we used to always get McVetty's here in the states for half of what American cookies cost - like we do with Hit bickies still -- now?!?!? They're like $5 for 8 :rolleyes:

and NOW I want my daughter to sing baby shark all the time like she used to last year....

these things drive you nuts and you think it'll never stop... but it's all such a short time. My baby is growing up so fast!

I'm here for the party

#7946 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:44 AM

Hobnobs are different...more oats(?) and stuff? I know they are different (been a while since I had one though)...not a great an of Hobnobs, but I like digestives.

And yes, Arnotts. They are Kings among biscuit (cookie) makers. I think they may be the best.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#7947 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:31 PM

True -- hobnobs are like chunky digestives I guess... a wholer grain, whole grain biscuit :giggle:

I DO confess I am a fan of the Smarties - more than M&Ms even. My daughter is an M&M girl though. AND - the Canadian smarties are as good as the UK kind.

Hmm... so are TimTams just an Aussie thing? I've seen them but I never actually ate one. We have friends down under --they never said Oh you HAAAVE to eat this. They were just sitting around and I'm not a huge chocolate fan like that.

I'm here for the party

#7948 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:16 PM

Yeah, TimTams are only Aussie. They just bought out some "Black Forest" ones....soooooo god.

Mmmm smarties...I remember back in the day when orange ones tasted like chocolate orange.

Posted Image

#7949 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,056 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

Jesus christ. Broke up with another girl. Why must they all be closet bitches? By the looks of it I'm becoming a manwhore but I absolutely hate that. I want a long lasting relationship but I don't like sticking around in ones that aren't working. ahhhhhhh

#7950 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:08 PM

You're doing everything right. manwhore. Don't waste time

I still say all men and women shoudl see Corey and Emma my pointer dogs. She's an evil bitch - she just hogs the dog bed and toys and gets all grumpy. Corey tries to be nice but it only aggravates her more -- then he decides to leave her alone -- so she'll growl at ANYTHING he decides he wants to do in her general vicinity - and rush at him even! Then Corey decides he'll taunt her out of it... :doh1: he takes her favorite toys and just needles her to death because if she's going to attack him anyway he may as well get some fun out of it.

Required viewing for all couples.

I'm here for the party

#7951 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:28 PM

Jesus christ. Broke up with another girl. Why must they all be closet bitches? By the looks of it I'm becoming a manwhore but I absolutely hate that. I want a long lasting relationship but I don't like sticking around in ones that aren't working. ahhhhhhh

Time to break out the old NJDevs meme.

Posted Image

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#7952 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:18 AM

Thank you everyone for you biscuit related advice.

We shall see how tomorrow goes!! Didn't really think about the hump day aspect.

3* as far as I am aware the orange Smarties still do taste of orange chocolate!!

I will now have to check this out though. :boogie:

At this time of year they normally release massive tubes full of just the orange ones!!!!

And TimTams are like thicker penguins aren't they?? Still never tried one, you can buy them in the Aussie store in London.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9, 02 November 2010 - 06:24 AM.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#7953 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:27 AM

Devils should hold meet and greet's with the owners now let the fans ask questions about the team during this slow start. lol
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#7954 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:05 AM

Yeah -- the smarties still taste like orange.... I even made my daughter do a blind taste test! :P it killed her but she took one for the team and ate them.

I can't get orange Aeros here -- they only sell the mint kind :rolleyes: and I love CurlyWurlys... we used to have the Marathon Bar - same thing.

I'm here for the party

#7955 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:28 PM

Pit beef is awesome. Just sayin' ...
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#7956 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:19 PM

what is Pit beef? :unsure:

I'm just askin'

I'm here for the party

#7957 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

It's like an Arby's roast beef sandwich, but unlike Arby's, it doesn't taste like roast a$$hole.

Posted Image

Apparently it's the second biggest thing down here after crab cakes, and it's pretty fuggin awesome.
Posted Image

#7958 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

What does roast a$$hole taste like???

Where did you get that? It looks good and I'm hungry

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#7959 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:27 PM

That's just some random pic of pit beef I found on Google, but I've been going to Fast Eddie's on Rt 40 in North East. If you go, get it medium rare with the honey BBQ sauce. So simple, yet so good.
Posted Image

#7960 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:11 PM

That's just some random pic of pit beef I found on Google, but I've been going to Fast Eddie's on Rt 40 in North East. If you go, get it medium rare with the honey BBQ sauce. So simple, yet so good.

have to try it sometime

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users