8761 replies to this topic

#7981 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:22 PM

Does anybody know how to share Google maps that you create?
I did one with places to eat near The Rock, but when I ask for the link it just pops up a map of downtown Newark with zero labels.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#7982 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

Try taking a screen shot? Save that as a photo.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#7983 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:46 PM

Does anybody know how to share Google maps that you create?
I did one with places to eat near The Rock, but when I ask for the link it just pops up a map of downtown Newark with zero labels.

Make sure the map is public, save it and click the button for a link in the top corner of the map. That'll be the URL you share.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#7984 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:40 AM

Anyone else waiting for the lunar eclipse?
Posted Image

#7985 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,941 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:17 AM

It better fvcking start getting red soon.

that's what she said?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#7986 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:17 AM

Did someone say......NAKED?!

Oh wait....cuz that TOTALLY didn't happen that night...
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#7987 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:41 AM

I fell asleep at 11 and woke up 30 minutes ago on the couch in my living room :lol: Fvcking Nyquil...so nope, I didn't wait for the eclipse, unfortunately

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#7988 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:08 PM

I went to the bar last night and had to be on call this morning for EMS so I needed my beauty sleep. I heard it was beautiful though.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#7989 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:52 AM

It was pretty cool. Not something you see every day. I went outside around 1:30, just as it was getting started, and the moon was so bright that it was casting shadows. Then, around 2:45 when it was in full eclipse mode, it was dark as hell outside. It was kinda surreal seeing a darkened, reddish moon surrounded by stars that shined brighter. It was also probably, if this makes any sense, the most three-dimensional the moon has ever looked to me. Almost looked like a cheap Ed Wood prop being held up by a string in the sky.

Anyway, NAKED, you say annabelle?
Posted Image

#7990 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:39 AM

Well played on the return from oblivionpeg Anna! :clap2: Got yourself a newest luckiest guy in Winnepeg eh?

I got pics of the eclipse from my front door. Maybe I'll have to throw em into the pics thread.

It was cool, and I agree about the lookin fake kinda thing.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#7991 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:15 PM

Merry Christmas from Ryan Reynolds !!!

There really IS a Santa!! :evil:

Posted Image

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#7992 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:10 PM

Does anyone have one of those Keurig coffee makers? I just got one and am now on a mission to find what coffee I'll wanna use. So far I've had the Donut House (which I really liked) and Green Mountain Nantucket Blend (not bad). Any suggestions? Favorites?
Posted Image

#7993 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:46 PM

Does anyone have one of those Keurig coffee makers? I just got one and am now on a mission to find what coffee I'll wanna use. So far I've had the Donut House (which I really liked) and Green Mountain Nantucket Blend (not bad). Any suggestions? Favorites?

Depends on what kind of coffee you like. I dig the breakfast blend. Also, the Chai Tea is top notch (I want to say it's by a brand called Cafe Creations or something like that). The Caribou blend is also pretty good. I do the french vanilla one iced in the mornings as well.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#7994 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,391 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:16 AM

That's been my office coffee for the past 10 years!

The Green Mt Coffee used tobe all you could get -- Nantucket Blend is a fine mild. "Our Blend" is actually OK too. IF you ever need decaf their Vermont Country Blend Decaf is good as is Dark Magic decaf. I went through a Kona blend phase but now I'm not a fan. the ONLY flavored coffee I'd ever drink is the Pumpkin Spice -- it smells like candles but has no real over powering flavored taste at all. I hate flavored coffee -- I also cannot tolerate sugar in my coffee -- it makes me want to yack! I'd rather a coffee ice cream milkshake than sugared coffee... OH BUT I love a strong HOT HOT HOT shot of espresso with a lemon peel and a sh!t-load of sugar sitting in the bottom of the cup -- swirl it two or three times and slug that puppy down! BLISS!

The Coffee People is a decent company -- Jet Fuel is a decent dark roast but I'm not too fond of it. Their Coffee Shop is much better than the Green Mt version. version which I actually am not a fan of.

Frankly -- a regular espresso maker is just as fast as a keurig and you can pick your beans....you're not hostage to their little cups Of course we now roast our own beans even we're BOTH that particular. Kind of weird when I think about it -- but it's so easy and SOOOOOO worth it!! We were also gifted our roaster and the espresso machine so...

I'm here for the party

#7995 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:09 PM

My wife just got the Folgers Keurig cups for Christmas, I'll let you guys know how she feels about it. But she's mostly of the believe that Keurig blends everything really strong, and doesn't so much like it like that. I think we tried the 12-pack variety, and she was OK with the Donut House blend.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#7996 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:40 PM

Well played on the return from oblivionpeg Anna! :clap2: Got yourself a newest luckiest guy in Winnepeg eh?

I got pics of the eclipse from my front door. Maybe I'll have to throw em into the pics thread.

It was cool, and I agree about the lookin fake kinda thing.

Guys kind of a freak..another engineer so it was expected...

I was sad, I missed the eclipse because it was so cloudy here..

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Posted Image

#7997 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

Im at work and my boss was walking and keeps farting super loud as he runs to the washroom..old people are fricken creepy

Posted Image

#7998 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:10 PM

Frankly -- a regular espresso maker is just as fast as a keurig and you can pick your beans....you're not hostage to their little cups Of course we now roast our own beans even we're BOTH that particular. Kind of weird when I think about it -- but it's so easy and SOOOOOO worth it!! We were also gifted our roaster and the espresso machine so...

I've also got one of these thingamajigs that lets me use whatever coffee I want, not just the stuff that comes in K-cups.

Posted Image

Once I'm no longer living out of a bedroom and actually have a kitchen of my own to store coffee, I'll use it more. Until then, I'm sticking with the K-cups for convenience's sake. And all the suggestions are much appreciated!
Posted Image

#7999 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:18 AM

When we had one in the office I liked a Green Mtn Kona and a Green Mtn Hot Chocolate one after another into the same big cup, and that was pretty good for a 10:30/post-meeting pick up. Wish I had one now, come to think of it...

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#8000 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:28 PM

Early candidate for the siggy award. I'm going to go make a note of that somewhere.

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance team audition notice

:clap2:

Posted Image

Posted Image
2009 Chico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users