8765 replies to this topic

#8101 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

Niiiiice. I love women who pig out! AND kick ass!!

So they have cute pigs in bows and stuff in the new angry birds - very cute. and mellow new age music -- not so good.

I'm here for the party

#8102 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:22 PM

I have a picture somewhere of Kelly Clarkson eating a giant hot dog.

She turned into a cute pig. :P
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#8103 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:14 PM

So I'm currently in Auburndale, Florida. About 50 miles outside of Tampa. And yet, I'm not going to be able to attend or even see the Devils/Lightning game, as the funeral is at 7 PM tomorrow. Ah well.

Not looking forward to the drive back...Hopefully back in Jersey by evening Sunday.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#8104 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:21 AM

Have joined the world of high tech phones, just testing this out.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#8105 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:05 AM

posted via... ipod
android

something weird they only have in australia

which phone?

I'm here for the party

#8106 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:49 PM

Ok ok ... I had a Stevens dream last night :giggle:

But it was sad ... I was at a game and a guy came over and said "he knows" and I looked down 5 rows and Stevens looks back over his shoulder at me .. and he was wearing a black turtle neck he looked cute - then the guy said "Scotty -- he knows - he knows you're losing interest" I didn't really know what to say and ... well that's all I remember of the dream.

I think it's an opposite dream though. I think it meant I think Stevens is losing interest :unsure: ..... hmm -- or something... I dont know. I dont know what it meant.

What I meant was -- as time goes bye my Stevens references are losing their meaning. The point of reference is kind of getting too different now. It's diluted. It's the same and it's right but --- it's gone from peoples minds. Things turn into icons and that weakens them and makes them fade so -- I guess so things can progress. I dont feel I'll be content though. Lemaire can change with the times but there's always a disconnect in peoples minds. Lou --- It's all still here but I see how it's fading - it will fade -- it has to I guess... it's being set up as best it can be I guess.... :noclue:

bye? I meant by :P

Edited by Pepperkorn, 28 February 2011 - 10:01 PM.

I'm here for the party

#8107 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:26 AM

As PK, that sounds so sad.

Phone is the xperia x10. Am adjusting, getting used to the touchscreen may take some time though.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#8108 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:21 AM

The reason I'm not a fan of touch screens: once you get used to them, you start touching any and every screen. Of course I also miss the touch pad on my computer sometimes and I'm clicking the metal casing like a moron...

Off-topic: I made the best blueberry muffins!!

as for the dream -- it's like sammy getting married - you'd never change a thing - but the internet sure has gotten more dull on a minute-to-minute basis.

I'm here for the party

#8109 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:38 PM

http://moustic.tumbl...-made-only-with

#8110 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 04:41 PM

The reason I'm not a fan of touch screens: once you get used to them, you start touching any and every screen. Of course I also miss the touch pad on my computer sometimes and I'm clicking the metal casing like a moron...

Off-topic: I made the best blueberry muffins!!

as for the dream -- it's like sammy getting married - you'd never change a thing - but the internet sure has gotten more dull on a minute-to-minute basis.

Well, everything SHOULD be touchscreen! What laptop doesn't have a touchpad anymore?

Blueberry? PMing you my address!

Wut?

#8111 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:08 PM

Look how many hours elapsed before he answered.

I have a touchpad but I'm always pawing at the screen by accident!! For example I'd be poking at the post button here -- *post* *post* Duhh why dis not working :urg:

no h in urg

Edited by Pepperkorn, 01 March 2011 - 06:08 PM.

I'm here for the party

#8112 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:00 PM

Yah, so, about those blueberry muffins...

#8113 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:42 PM

We have a touch screen monitor at the pro shop I work at. When I work there enough days in a row I start coming home to my laptop and trying to click things by poking the screen.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#8114 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:27 PM

They were GREAT! but even better -- I made this horrific brownies - 16 oz of chocolate, one pound of brown sugar, 1/2 pound of butter. and my husband wouldn't let me bring any in to work! Oh yeah! AND a can of sweetened condensed milk (2 eggs and 2 cups of flour -there now you have the whole darned recipe!) They're pretty cool. Almost like fudge...

I'm here for the party

#8115 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

hmm... since the muffins are gone and the brownies are still here.... I think I want more muffins. I love blueberry stuff. Blueberry pancakes are the best.

I'm here for the party

#8116 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

If you're not gonna ship these things then why aren't there recipes in my inbox?

K'mon Jehn! Boris brek leg?

#8117 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:17 AM

I'll see if I can link the recipe online somewhere.

First thing in my in-box this morning is an email form my husband - "I think you'll like this one" - haha -- it's a Stevens Probert fight clip. Wonder how he happened on that! :unsure:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 03 March 2011 - 10:41 AM.

I'm here for the party

#8118 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:39 AM

Awe - My husband found that after reading about Probert's brain trauma - (could be science magazine could be NPR) He just sent me another email about what a bad ass Probert was and how bummed he is he died :(

So years ago I told you all how border line 'mo all the men in my family got when Stevens walked by us in Princeton :lol: even my dad who is a monster himself but only a 6ft 73 year old monster now :P -- yeesh! So My husband was thinking imagine a guy who can lift Scott Stevens up and smash him against the boards in a fight...that is some badass.

i think Probert was one of the athletes that said science can have his body for study on long-term after-effects of hockey. There is a whole new book out about it I think. I think a football player is involved - I heard about it a few weeks ago. So sad and amazing how these head injuries hurt you long term. It;s just so sad he died so soon - so young!! and his wife was talking about it. All the hits bother her far more than the fighting. it's just sad.

Husband is home sick probably making himself all sad reading stuff like this. goofball :wub: next he'll log on to Rerun Horse rescue :doh1: and we BOTH cried during Beezus and Ramona when the old cat died... OK... TMI -- I better get back to work.

Blueberry muffins -- there new topic.

I'm here for the party

#8119 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:45 AM

Here is the recipe link -- I didn't add nuts at the family's request. They're lasting forever -- that's a good thing.

Gross pure sugar & fat brownies

I'm here for the party

#8120 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:42 PM

Whenever I travel I am always disappointed in the bagels outside the NJ area. How come nobody understands a bagel should be somewhat doughy and moist. These dunkin Donuts dry type bagels are so bland!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users