8761 replies to this topic

#8121 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:53 AM

I even have trouble finding a good bagel in NJ. Passabke no problem, but good? Hmeh. Oh I know -- I DO like the flagels in I think the bakery is in Pompton Plains... So I like NJ flat bagels. But no where can you get a bialy but grand street.

I'm here for the party

#8122 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

Edited by thelastonealive, 07 March 2011 - 08:03 PM.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#8123 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

P.O.D.
Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#8124 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:14 PM

P.O.D.
Posted Image

Yeah, it was very good news that didn't pan out. :( Didn't want to leave it up when the circumstance changed. Oh well.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#8125 Korean Kid 23

Korean Kid 23

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:45 AM

I even have trouble finding a good bagel in NJ. Passabke no problem, but good? Hmeh. Oh I know -- I DO like the flagels in I think the bakery is in Pompton Plains... So I like NJ flat bagels. But no where can you get a bialy but grand street.

There's a couple of good bagel shops around me. I live in Sussex County, so I don't know if that's close to you or not.

Posted Image

#8126 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:58 AM

I do miss a good bagel. Mmmmm definitely stopping in to get one when I go back to Albany.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#8127 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:42 AM

Breuggers! :lol: They're ok.

Hey! I'm being an elitist here not sincerely looking for something good! You can only get decent pizza in New Haven and decent bagels in NYC including outer boroughs.

I'm here for the party

#8128 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:54 AM

I can't stand bagels, not even a little bit, its like eating dry plastic bread!!

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#8129 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:39 AM

I can't stand bagels, not even a little bit, its like eating dry plastic bread!!

When did you try dry plastic bread?
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#8130 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:56 AM

This from the country where bread soaked in beef drippings is gourmet! :giggle:

He's English - that's how it turns out there - hence Yorkshire pudding and the like...

I'm here for the party

#8131 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:40 PM

Oh right, everything is rather dull there isn't it? Much better here in the land of rebels! :D
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#8132 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:46 PM

My husband loves English food... lucky he married me. But sadly I dont have my grandmother and great grandmothers' gift of taste removal. I can get 80% of the flavor out about 20% of the time! :evil:

I'm here for the party

#8133 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:51 AM

When i ate a bagel. Also when I attended a tea party hosted by my sister at the age of 4, the food was terrible but the company was just fantastic.

(What I meant was it tastes like play dough, it has that horrible synthetic sort of texture, it is basically fake bread)

This from the country where bread soaked in beef drippings is gourmet! :giggle:

He's English - that's how it turns out there - hence Yorkshire pudding and the like...

I resent that!!! That’s a standard dinner, Fish and Chips is gourmet!

And Yorkshire pudding is totally not bread!

We are good at bread as well!!

Oh right, everything is rather dull there isn't it? Much better here in the land of rebels! :D

<_< Not since we gained the ability to claim everyone else’s cultural delicacies as our own!!

Thank you very much multiculturalism ;)

I have yet to visit your uncivilised nation, but intend to do so in the near future ( in the mean time i will just have to keep importing peanut butter M&M's and franks hot sauce at ridiculous prices!!)

My husband loves English food... lucky he married me. But sadly I dont have my grandmother and great grandmothers' gift of taste removal. I can get 80% of the flavor out about 20% of the time! :evil:

Its something that’s handed down from generation to generation, it started in the middle ages (we are an original six nation, not one of those new fangled expansion nations, with these new age flags and alternate ways of thinking, diluting the gene pool) a long time before we sent all of our "pilgrims" (clearly the only people in the country with taste buds, but not many brain cells) to see how far they could get from England without a map.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#8134 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

hey I wanted to say randomly -- I always think about Andrew and Jamie when I hear that song Just the Way You Are :giggle:

I'm here for the party

#8135 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:53 PM

CD#9 you need to try some fresh bagels when you eventually make it to the US, they are really nothing like the "bagels" you find in the UK.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#8136 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:32 PM

There's a Genuardi's near me (in Voorhees I think) that makes very decent bagels. They are very nearly as good as the ones I get at my office in Manhattan, especially if you get them at 9AM on a weekend :).

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#8137 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:09 PM

Fanwood Bagels = best ones in central Jersey so far as I'm concerned.

When i ate a bagel. Also when I attended a tea party hosted by my sister at the age of 4, the food was terrible but the company was just fantastic.

Its something that’s handed down from generation to generation, it started in the middle ages (we are an original six nation, not one of those new fangled expansion nations, with these new age flags and alternate ways of thinking, diluting the gene pool) a long time before we sent all of our "pilgrims" (clearly the only people in the country with taste buds, but not many brain cells) to see how far they could get from England without a map.

:rofl:

#8138 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:37 AM

Bagels are like cities. They all seem like they're good maybe even great until you see what's in NYC. :evil: then it's just no contest

and I loved the original 6 ref too! :hail: I was just speechless! :giggle:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 10 March 2011 - 08:38 AM.

I'm here for the party

#8139 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:08 AM

Posted Image

(What I meant was it tastes like play dough, it has that horrible synthetic sort of texture, it is basically fake bread)

Posted Image So, your defense to being accused of eating plastic bread is to counter it with a "no no no I eat play-doh"? Posted Image

I have yet to visit your uncivilised nation, but intend to do so in the near future ( in the mean time i will just have to keep importing peanut butter M&M's and franks hot sauce at ridiculous prices!!)

Posted Image
When you do visit the Colonies, be sure to try a pulled pork sammich at Sonny's if you are near one. It's awesome and will hook you into ordering MORE Colonial fare at obscene prices. I prefer the Sizzlin Sweet myself. Sonnys We order it by the case of 1/2 gallon bottles to be delivered up to us in Jersey.

Nice w/o a map reference too. :clap2:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#8140 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:40 AM

CD#9 you need to try some fresh bagels when you eventually make it to the US, they are really nothing like the "bagels" you find in the UK.

I am now intrigued to compare, i will revisit the bagel issue before i set sail.

Bagels are like cities. They all seem like they're good maybe even great until you see what's in NYC. :evil: then it's just no contest

and I loved the original 6 ref too! :hail: I was just speechless! :giggle:

Well was born in Streatham near London, and grew up in Croydon (home of Kate moss (she went to my high school) and the birthplace of the Croydon Facelift (see Kate Moss in Paris this week)) so anywhere where they have buildings more than 4 stories high is guaranteed to get my bagel in a twist.

Posted Image So, your defense to being accused of eating plastic bread is to counter it with a "no no no I eat play-doh"? Posted Image

Posted Image
When you do visit the Colonies, be sure to try a pulled pork sammich at Sonny's if you are near one. It's awesome and will hook you into ordering MORE Colonial fare at obscene prices. I prefer the Sizzlin Sweet myself. Sonnys We order it by the case of 1/2 gallon bottles to be delivered up to us in Jersey.

You mean to tell me that you have never had a fluorescent blue and purple cheeseburger with bright green fries!!!

When someone lovingly sculpts you a meal, you don't ask questions!!!! You just smile and hope that when it comes out the other end it looks like a dinosaur!

I am taking notes on all of this, i am hoping to make the trip either late this year or early next year (my original date was pushed back due to lack of funds and a trip to Morocco surfing).

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users