8765 replies to this topic

#8141 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:20 AM

playdough is way too salty for my diet now. Although I must confess to checking when Rebecca was into it -- they seem to have a low-salt version now. :huh:

I'm here for the party

#8142 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

playdough is way too salty for my diet now. Although I must confess to checking when Rebecca was into it -- they seem to have a low-salt version now. :huh:

I am not supprised, when you make chips you just don't need the additional salt!

Change of subject, how much are you guys paying for petrol (fuel, gas whatever, see god damn expansion nations) per gallon these days?

The price over her has gone haywire and we are paying close to $10 a gallon, and i was just wondering out of interest how much we are getting screwed. :moose:

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#8143 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:47 AM

In South Jersey we are anywhere from $3.29-$3.39/gal that's the cheap stuff. The Super is 3.79ish

And I'm yelling RAPE! at THESE prices. Here's something cool to look at about gas prices. Typical Gas prices just click a state and then a town.

Thought you people used Euros and paid per Liter over there? :huh:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#8144 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,600 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:57 AM

Yah, same here, around $3.39 a gallon.

I guess that is around £2.ll a gallon or 80 cents a liter and if my math is right £0.56 a litre.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#8145 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:55 PM

Isn't the reason NYC has the best bagels the tap water? I remember seeing or hearing that somewhere. The tap water in Manhattan and Brooklyn have the perfect pH balance, hardness/softness or whatever and places around the world invest tons of money in trying to duplicate it but can't quite do it. Something like that.

Cheapest I saw gas on my morning commute was $2.43, most expensive $2.49 for regular here in MD. Something else I miss about Jersey. Cheapest gas and you don't even have to pump it. Ah, what a life! I had it all, I tells ya.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#8146 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,600 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:57 PM

Isn't the reason NYC has the best bagels the tap water? I remember seeing or hearing that somewhere. The tap water in Manhattan and Brooklyn have the perfect pH balance, hardness/softness or whatever and places around the world invest tons of money in trying to duplicate it but can't quite do it. Something like that.

Cheapest I saw gas on my morning commute was $2.43, most expensive $2.49 for regular here in MD. Something else I miss about Jersey. Cheapest gas and you don't even have to pump it. Ah, what a life! I had it all, I tells ya.

No way you are still in the "2s".

#8147 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

Ah crap, you're right. $3.43 to $3.49 is the range down here. I think somewhere between my brain and my fingers there's a piece of me saying "No way gas is over $3, he meant $2."
Posted Image

#8148 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:16 PM

Anybody else watch Archer? It may be one of the funniest shows on TV right now

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#8149 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:21 PM

I swear to god, the guy who does the voice for Archer is in every damned cartoon. I still only hear him as Coach McGuirk from Home Movies though.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#8150 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,600 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:50 PM

Ah crap, you're right. $3.43 to $3.49 is the range down here. I think somewhere between my brain and my fingers there's a piece of me saying "No way gas is over $3, he meant $2."

Now that I think about it I did the same thing when it hit the 2s a few years back...I posted prices in the 1s. This happened on this very forum!

#8151 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:27 AM

In South Jersey we are anywhere from $3.29-$3.39/gal that's the cheap stuff. The Super is 3.79ish

And I'm yelling RAPE! at THESE prices. Here's something cool to look at about gas prices. Typical Gas prices just click a state and then a town.

Thought you people used Euros and paid per Liter over there? :huh:

EUROS!!!!!!!! No way, pounds all the way, that currency is doomed IMO.

And we do use liters, but i was adapting to be US friendly (we use a mix of both imperial and metric depending on what maths is easier)

Yah, same here, around $3.39 a gallon.

I guess that is around £2.ll a gallon or 80 cents a liter and if my math is right £0.56 a litre.

Sounds about right to me, so we are paying well over double for our fuel.

Thanks for all the replies.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#8152 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:57 AM

Now that I think about it I did the same thing when it hit the 2s a few years back...I posted prices in the 1s. This happened on this very forum!

I'm pretty sure I've done it before too, and probably in this thread. :doh1:

And Archer is amazing. Watched the first season last year, but don't have TV now so I'm missing all the new stuff. Too lazy to see if the episodes are online.

Johnny Bench called ...

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 11 March 2011 - 08:58 AM.

Posted Image

#8153 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:20 PM

It's possible. I remember seeing on Food Network once this story about a pizza parlor owner in Phoenix who was originally from NYC and had a water system built for his shop that made the water come out like NYC water. The theory, of course, was that the secret to the crust was in the water, just like with the bagels.

Sounds about right to me, so we are paying well over double for our fuel.

And you have been for many, many years. The trade-off being, though, that mass transit is a lot better over there and you don't need cars as much. We here in the States are too damn addicted to our cars, but on the flip side, mass transit sucks in most places.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#8154 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

On the way back to Wake from spring break (which I spent at home), the friend that I drove with brought two dozen bagels from home because "the bagels everywhere else suck ass." :lol: Greatest luggage ever.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#8155 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

Posted Image

#8156 Par9

Par9

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:03 PM

Checking weather, what more reliable NOAA or AccuWeather.

NOAA's snow maps always seem a bit overboard.
Official Keeper of Adam Henrique, White on the PP, and Darcy Zajac

#8157 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

They're both way better than weather.com, which is pretty much the worst. I prefer weather.gov (NOAA) over accuweather just because they offer more info, but they're both usually fairly reliable IMO.
Posted Image

#8158 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

my husband swears by weatherunderground.com My dad uses weatherbug

I use a licked index finger held to the wind

I'm here for the party

#8159 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,600 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:20 AM

my husband swears by weatherunderground.com My dad uses weatherbug

I use a licked index finger held to the wind

How's that been working for you?

Weatherbug is spyware.

#8160 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:58 AM

my dad knows it's spyware. He still loves their features.

What does it spy on exactly?

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users