8761 replies to this topic

#8381 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

Is pumpkin pie out of season already? I went to three stores yesterday to get one and none had it anymore.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#8382 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

Is pumpkin pie out of season already? I went to three stores yesterday to get one and none had it anymore.

I don't think so. I always have pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, so the stores you went to probably just suck.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#8383 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

I don't think so. I always have pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, so the stores you went to probably just suck.

Oh yeah, so do I...guess I didn't think of that haha. I went to Pathmark, Quick Chek and Rite Aid. I guess Rite Aid might not have it at all, but I have bought pumpkin pie from Quick Chek and Pathmark in the past. Oh well, the search continues.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#8384 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

Oh yeah, so do I...guess I didn't think of that haha. I went to Pathmark, Quick Chek and Rite Aid. I guess Rite Aid might not have it at all, but I have bought pumpkin pie from Quick Chek and Pathmark in the past. Oh well, the search continues.

Anytime I hear that, I think of The Waterboy.

"Bobby, did they end up finding the gorilla who broke out of the zoo and (punched you in the eye)?" "No mama, the search continues."

Being the random thread and all figured I'd throw that out there.

#8385 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:10 AM

Anytime I hear that, I think of The Waterboy.

"Bobby, did they end up finding the gorilla who broke out of the zoo and (punched you in the eye)?" "No mama, the search continues."

Being the random thread and all figured I'd throw that out there.

:lol: Awesome movie!

Edited by devilsfan26, 03 November 2011 - 01:10 AM.

--John Buccigross

#8386 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:09 AM

So the new Childish Gambino album is streaming online now. I've listened to it 4 times so far, and it only gets better. I love this guy.

http://www.npr.org/2...sh-gambino-camp

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#8387 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

Pepperkorn will appreciate this one. I lol'd when I saw it.

Posted Image

Edited by Quinn01, 11 November 2011 - 10:10 AM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#8388 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

Leonadro di Caprio you are a good actor, but don't put your nose in Brazilian matters. Mostly because you probably can't pinpoint where the hydroplant is gonna be. Second because you are in no way affect by the power-plant. And last but most import the decision to build the damm powerplant should be of the people direct affect by the project.
Thank you .

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#8389 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

Lee Corso just dropped the f-bomb on College Gameday... hilarious. It'll be on Youtube soon I'm sure.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#8390 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:01 PM

SO I was watching animal house today and I started wondering... would Scott Stevens pledge Omega House... :unsure:

When I let myself think things like that I wonder if I'm getting sick of him finally....

I'm here for the party

#8391 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:45 PM

So simple and dumb but yet so funny. please watch both!

#8392 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

Nonsense was pretty funny. I laughed a few times. My friend showed me this a few days ago and I thought it was pretty funny as well:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#8393 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

It's nothig new and not even that funny but I CANNOT get this out of my head -- it's been 2 weeks and I watch it about 5 times a day... or just say "yeah yeah the maple kind Yeah" to myself for hours on end.... or "what was in there" barely opening my mouth like the dog...

Edited by Pepperkorn, 23 November 2011 - 03:51 PM.

I'm here for the party

#8394 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:52 PM

Here's old friend's son's video...

I'm here for the party

#8395 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:52 AM

Rant time:

Verizon home phone and DSL internet absolutely blow.

For the last month or two, we've had an issue where incoming calls knock out our internet connection and the modem had to be reset in order to restore the connection. On Saturday, this happens again. It just so happens to coincide with a regional outage (of which there are many). When the regional outage is restored on Sunday, our internet is still down. I call Verizon's customer service, and it goes something like this ...

Verizon DSL: What seems to be the problem?
Me: Our internet is down.
Verizon DSL: When did it go down?
Me: When we received an incoming call last night.
Verizon DSL: Oh, that's a phone issue. Let me forward you ...

Verizon Phone: What seems to be the problem?
Me: An incoming call knocked out our internet connection last night.
Verizon Phone: Oh, that's a DSL issue. Let me forward you ...

Me: An incoming call knocked out our internet last night. The last DSL person I talked to said it was a phone issue. The phone person said it was a DSL issue.
Verizon DSL: Do you ever hear static during your phone calls?
Me: Now that you mention it, yes. Yes we do from time to time.
Verizon DSL: That's definitely a phone issue. Let me forward you ...

Verizon Phone: What seems to be the problem?
Me: A phone call knocked out our internet. DSL said it's a phone issue. Phone said it's a DSL issue. Then DSL told me that, because we get static on our line, it's a phone issue.
Verizon phone: We have absolutely nothing to do with your internet connection. Let me forward you ...

Me: I'm getting passed back and forth like crazy between the DSL help and phone help. Please tell me you can actually help me and not just pass me back to the phone people?
Verizon DSL: I shall do my best. What is your problem?
Me: A phone call knocked out our internet connection and we have static on our line. Every DSL person I talk to says that it's a phone issue. Every phone person says it's a DSL issue. What do I have to do to get this resolved?
Verizon DSL: Talk to the phone people. Let me forward you ...

This went on for an HOUR. Finally a phone person put a ticket in to solve the static issue. They told me he'd come on Tuesday between 8am and 2pm and he would only need access to my apartment building's phone room, not our actual apartment. He came yesterday, and it's a good thing he came a day early because he needed access to the apartment and I happened to have the day off.

He fixed the static and said he was trained to fix my internet problem too, but because Verizon sucks, he isn't allowed to fix my internet. He said Verizon is basically two companies, phone and DSL, and each company tries to hand all their problems off to the other.

Comcast is coming on Friday. Enough of this crap.

/rant
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#8396 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:35 PM

I had a problem with Verizon DSL the other day. First thing I said was I'm having a hard time connecting to the internet. Ten minutes into the phone call the guy goes, "Okay it looks like you're having some trouble connecting to the internet."
--John Buccigross

#8397 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

:doh1:

That sounds about right.

The shame of it is that I've had some very good experiences with their customer service prior to this weekend. We've had all kinds of issues with our DSL, and almost every time I called I got someone who very patiently walked me through the steps needed to resolve it. But the fact that there were numerous issues in the first place was the first straw, and the nightmare between home phone and DSL this weekend was the last straw.

Looking forward to getting Comcast back (had them in Jersey). We signed up for their Blast internet which is more than five times faster than the DSL we had. This is gonna make streaming NHL GameCenterLIVE through PS3 SOOOOOO much better.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#8398 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

Sigh...Kate Upton had so much going for her. She's gorgeous, she seems fairly intelligent. Then I read this sentence.

The New York Daily News is reporting that a few weeks ago, Rangers fan Kate Upton attended a game at Madison Square Garden

God damn it.

#8399 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

Sigh...Kate Upton had so much going for her. She's gorgeous, she seems fairly intelligent. Then I read this sentence.

God damn it.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

and because I just saw it ---> Posted Image
Nice moose standing on his head!

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#8400 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

No one's perfect.

She's gonna be in the Three Stooges movie.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users