8765 replies to this topic

#8461 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

Speaking of Moody, I wish Hank Moody's books from Californication were real. Love that show.

Shameless was also a pretty top-notch premier tonight. House of Lies has potential, but I could also see myself not caring to watch it after a few weeks.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#8462 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

Only into classic dystopia novels :evil:

Brave New World FTW!
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#8463 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

Brave New World FTW!

I'm an Orwellian fan myself.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#8464 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

but alas it's looking like Bradbury got it right -- we're living in Fahrenheit 451. but Big Brother is sure watching in the UK huh? More time needs to lapse before we see if Huxley is right..

I really want to read The Iron Heel and We too.

I'm here for the party

#8465 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

Anybody ski? I went for the first time yesterday. Had a good time, and I intend to go again in a few weeks. Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions as to how to get better, or be better prepared? I'm very sore today (as I expected), but I had major issues with one of the ski boots digging into my shin - it zapped all strength from that leg before the day was out, to the point where I could no longer stand. I feel like that's certainly not normal.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#8466 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

get your own boots that fit right :uni:

How were they digging in? if the top of the boot was digging into it -- then your weight was probably too much on your heels. Shift the the balls of your foot a little more. Feels like you'll have less control but OMG you get SOOOO much more control leaning forward and getting a little speed going. You actually can't dig in with your weight on your heels -- you massively dig in with weight more on the balls of your feet. Take a lesson - as small a class as you can get into if you can't do a private. It's just helps you feel what's right not what you feel SHOULD be right.

I love skiing I hate to say.

I'm here for the party

#8467 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

This is nothing new, but it still might be my all-time favorite thing on teh yootoobs.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 09 January 2012 - 02:37 PM.

Posted Image

#8468 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

Anybody ski? I went for the first time yesterday. Had a good time, and I intend to go again in a few weeks. Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions as to how to get better, or be better prepared? I'm very sore today (as I expected), but I had major issues with one of the ski boots digging into my shin - it zapped all strength from that leg before the day was out, to the point where I could no longer stand. I feel like that's certainly not normal.

Yeah I love skiing, although the past few years I have only managed to go about once or twice a year because I've been too busy. This is the first winter since I graduated college that I have only had one job to worry about so I'm hopeful that I will get to ski more often this year. I get the triple play card for Mountain Creek every year, it's about $10 more than the price of one lift ticket and you get to go three times. I would like to go to skiing in Utah or Colorado or something one day when I can afford it and can take the time off from work to do it. I'm not an expert or anything, but it sounds like you might have had the top of the boot too tight.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#8469 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

"Is that a sub in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

... Posted Image

Yeah, that or buy an external hard drive. That's where I keep all of my music - as such, my music's survived about four hard drive crashes so far by not being stored on the computer itself.

I put all my files on an external hard drive. I just reset my puter to factory, when I go to install iTunes again, I may call you for tech support to get the music back off the external and into the iTunes again! Posted Image I tried a trial run before I wiped the thing, but it didn't work.

Only into classic dystopia novels :evil:

I enjoy a well organized read on entropy. But I'd rather watch the movie. Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#8470 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

I cannot get the back it up song out of my head.

It's driving me insane.

I'm here for the party

#8471 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

You're welcome.

:evil:
Posted Image

#8472 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

My husband needs to thank you -- he HATES the video and keeps asking why I'm watching it... "Do you think that's a good song or something?"

Actually I love the girl -- she looks like she'd have been one of my best friends during my dilettante days. We didn't drink or any of that but we hung out just being ridiculous all hours. It's cute and stuff!

I'm here for the party

#8473 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Hilarious:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#8474 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

I dont get the Jenna Rose thing -- but she does look like Screech

aaand...

ah yes -- I keep on thinking the back up song as "I'm jackin' off jackin' off jackin' off jackin' off..." in my head today.

and I want to mock Holik's twitter photo... but I can't do it in his thread. No one reads down here... :giggle: I don't have a twitter account so I can't read it but I clicked on it only to see that crazy monster pointing an over/under at me! :o

He seems like the dude who has monumental war with varmints on the homestead. Like Ahab and the whale...
or dare I say...

...Elmer Fudd...

for real...

I'm here for the party

#8475 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

ah yes -- I keep on thinking the back up song as "I'm jackin' off jackin' off jackin' off jackin' off..." in my head today.

Kinda gives new meaning to the "My daddy taught me good" line.
Posted Image

#8476 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:37 PM

Kinda gives new meaning to the "My daddy taught me good" line.

Greatest post ever. Stop the boards, you've won, good sir.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#8477 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:11 AM

god damn i'm hammered. i lov e being back at school. love yall

#8478 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

I hope someone can help me out with this. So I need a picture about the size of 14cm x 11cm for school tomorrow and I don't have photoshop or any other programs that can do that, and I can't use them anyway. So if someone could get me a picture of Devils' logo of that size I'd be really really grateful.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I got it. Haha.

Edited by Joonas #6, 17 January 2012 - 05:09 PM.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#8479 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:06 AM

I've been wrestling with this all my life

#8480 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Thought this was kinda cool. Sports logos from each city merged into one.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users