8761 replies to this topic

#8641 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

Damn, having trouble uploading images and going back to edit posts. Screen just turns dark and freezes. Never had a problem like this with the old format.

#8642 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#8643 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

Damn, having trouble uploading images and going back to edit posts. Screen just turns dark and freezes. Never had a problem like this with the old format.

I have problems with the color change skin. Have you tried another one to see if it still persists?

#8644 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

My husband and I both have the flu. It's been surprisingly fun going through together. Chills and sweats are more fun with a buddy. :P

I'm here for the party

#8645 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Breaking Bad is amazing.. almost caught up to the current episode...

POTATO!!!

#8646 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

My husband and I both have the flu. It's been surprisingly fun going through together. Chills and sweats are more fun with a buddy. :P

It's much much less fun when both sick with two kids to take care of.. with one being only 2 months old ; )

That little demon really didn't understand that we need some sleep ! ; )

#8647 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

Haha mous!  It was great having the 10 year old!  She could do all the work we needed her to do.  We'd tell her to put away clean dishes or go feed the chickens and she'd start this little fake cough as if she was sick too.  It was great comedy for us!  Hope you both feel better.

My husband is getting another cold now.  I'm nearly completely better.

I'm here for the party

#8648 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

We're all cracking up about this:

Is this a do-over from a Canadian hockey show?  Anyhow - it's pretty funny poor old dude. I try not to be that chick - but my husband is so NOT that guy. He's the dork who calls me and tells me what's going on and messages pictures and stuff.  I only just found out none of his friends knows he does this!

I'm here for the party

#8649 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

det_corinthians.jpg

This pictures represents how tall the player would appear if you sat on the first row on the stadium in World Cup.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#8650 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Can someone tell me wtf happened to the sense of humor on this site?  Did Triumph and friends truly successfully snuff it out?

This is what happens when non-hockey players take over a message board.  That's it... I have my answer.  I thought it was just me -- it's a message board so of course it's all about ME.  But I see it's not.  The friend who showed me the clip above was equally floored that no one even commented -- it's weird of you all.  It's like you guys dont understand hockey!!  it's like no one has ever played!!!  It's WEIRD!!!!  It's STEPFORD BOARD here!!!!

I've been losing it like crazy here and there -- but now I see it all for what it is... 

It's like Invasion of the Hockey Snatchers!!!  

:wacko:

I'm here for the party

#8651 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,774 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

Just saw it now, got a laugh out of it.  I run an adult league and I CANNOT STAND the teams that sit around and drink in the locker rooms.  Just like the guy in the video said, it doesn't matter if they have the earliest game or the latest game, we still end up having to kick them out at the end of the night so we can close the place.  Go to a bar or something instead!

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#8652 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Goats Edition

Edited by Cachorro Louco, 28 February 2013 - 04:26 PM.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#8653 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

I just saw this random thoughts thread...

Disclaimer is most of my random thoughts are negative. Haha.

I wish the following things would disappear ASAP:

- The Harlem Shake

- Flash Mobs

- "Keep Calm and blah blah"

On a side note, in last nights chat and in a post above I noticed that Triumph seems to be getting the reputation as a wet blanket.  What's the genesis of this?  Is it a cumulative thing or was there one specific incident that I missed?

#8654 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

Numbers people rarely are loved, I tried to add some personality to Triumph with a motorcycle avatar but I guess he didn't like it.

#8655 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

haha -- you're awesome DM.

Nah tri is great - he's just moving into curmudgeon territory a little bit lately. 

There are 2 camps and the stats camp do a Superior Dance all over the "I need to vent" camp, making themselves perfect targets.  Neither group is tolerant of the other.

I'm in the empath camp and generally irritate the sh!t out of everyone.

So does anyone watch H2O - Just Add Water?  My daughter is watching it on Netflix.  I hate how much I like this show  :giggle:

I'm here for the party

#8656 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Anyone ever take a puck to the eye? Just happened to me at my game today? Any advice?

#8657 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,774 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Anyone ever take a puck to the eye? Just happened to me at my game today? Any advice?

When I was in first grade my neighbor and I came up with a game called war.  Basically we pretended that all the baseball bats and hockey sticks scattered across our backyards were swords and anything that can be thrown was a grenade.  One day he came over with a new grenade which happened to be an ice hockey puck and he chucked at my face.  I had to get a few stitches on my eyebrow and couldn't go to recess for like a week.  In conclusion, I don't really have any advice for you, go to a doctor I guess.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#8658 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

When I was in first grade my neighbor and I came up with a game called war.  Basically we pretended that all the baseball bats and hockey sticks scattered across our backyards were swords and anything that can be thrown was a grenade.  One day he came over with a new grenade which happened to be an ice hockey puck and he chucked at my face.  I had to get a few stitches on my eyebrow and couldn't go to recess for like a week.  In conclusion, I don't really have any advice for you, go to a doctor I guess.

lol I got lucky since the puck hit my below the eye and rolled up so it wasn't direct impact. Little bit of swelling but it's been reduced with some cold compress.

#8659 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

haha -- I liked that "Go to the Doctor" advice -- I'd agree with that one.

I'm here for the party

#8660 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,062 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

We're all cracking up about this:

Is this a do-over from a Canadian hockey show?  Anyhow - it's pretty funny poor old dude. I try not to be that chick - but my husband is so NOT that guy. He's the dork who calls me and tells me what's going on and messages pictures and stuff.  I only just found out none of his friends knows he does this!

That was friggin funny. Dude was relentless and single minded, gunna get what he wanted out of the night no matter what she sed. I'm like that. 

Can someone tell me wtf happened to the sense of humor on this site?  Did Triumph and friends truly successfully snuff it out?

This is what happens when non-hockey players take over a message board.  That's it... I have my answer.  I thought it was just me -- it's a message board so of course it's all about ME.  But I see it's not.  The friend who showed me the clip above was equally floored that no one even commented -- it's weird of you all.  It's like you guys dont understand hockey!!  it's like no one has ever played!!!  It's WEIRD!!!!  It's STEPFORD BOARD here!!!!

I've been losing it like crazy here and there -- but now I see it all for what it is... 

It's like Invasion of the Hockey Snatchers!!!  

:wacko:

:giggle: You sed Snatch!  

Well put!  :haha2:

Edited by Masked Fan, 10 March 2013 - 10:01 PM.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users