Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

http://www.breitbart...ts-From-Hot-Car

1249050_wenn5921257.jpg

Wanted for questioning.

which of those three was the hog found in the car in that report?

Boom boom ch!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#8703 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

Haven't posted around these parts in a great many months. Since then I went and got hitched, got furloughed, and took up wet shaving and whiskey as new hobbies (never at the same time, of course). Have I missed anything?

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#8704 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

HI!  I just got back from Kentucky.  We missed you!  Where are you now?  Any kids on the way yet? :uni:

I can talk up Bourbon a storm now!  All whisky too of course.  My Bro-in-law had his choice of Bourbon and of course he took my beloved $22 gallon jug of Very Old Barton only available in KY.  He filled up some of an empty Scotch bottle we had so I'd have some on hand (good Bro-in-law)-- didn't even put a dent in the jug!!

OK post something funny now.... no pressure... Hey, any wedding pix to post?  Not that that's funny per se.. ehem... mmm... nevermind  :evil:

I'm here for the party

#8705 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

HI!  I just got back from Kentucky.  We missed you!  Where are you now?  Any kids on the way yet? :uni:

I can talk up Bourbon a storm now!  All whisky too of course.  My Bro-in-law had his choice of Bourbon and of course he took my beloved $22 gallon jug of Very Old Barton only available in KY.  He filled up some of an empty Scotch bottle we had so I'd have some on hand (good Bro-in-law)-- didn't even put a dent in the jug!!

OK post something funny now.... no pressure... Hey, any wedding pix to post?  Not that that's funny per se.. ehem... mmm... nevermind  :evil:

Something funny. HA! Get it?

Back from Kentucky? I'm super jealous. Can I come over and to help you out with your Scotch bottle filled with bourbon?

No kids yet. Trying to lock down our next home first (the current apartment is WAY too small), and being a furloughed federal employee losing 20% of my pay with potential layoffs looming next year is kinda putting a damper on that. Oh, and we're still down in Maryland. The good old Land of Pleasant Living.

Here's a quick wedding pic of us leaving the ceremony (which was in Jersey, of course):

photo.jpg

Wakka wakka.

Posted Image

#8706 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

:rofl:  something.. :rofl:  fff..fffunny!  Ahhh  yer killin' me!  :rofl:

:mellow:

I love the pic!  Great suit - I love the vest.  Of course the ol' ball-n-chain looks great.   I honestly like her dress a lot - action shot and it's flowing perfectly.

I am way too into Bourbon now.  We toured Buffalo Trace and Heaven Hill distilleries.  Buffalo Trace was my favorite - it's very historical and charming.

We're toying with the idea of moving out there.  It's kind of an option -- and it's very tempting.  It felt like going back in time -- not so much ages, just like the 70s when there weren't so many angry people trying to get their piece of the pie as there is today.  Out here, there is such invented urgency.  Luxury is seen as necessity. I love it here, but we seem to have lost sight of the score in keeping our eye so much on the puck. (Notice how I said puck instead of ball -- because it's a hockey forum - staying on topic as it were :uni: )  I WILL be lobbying for Louisville to get an NHL team if we do make the move though  :evil:

I'm here for the party

#8707 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

Any more bourbon tips? I figure there are can't miss big names like Knob Creek, Jim Beam Black, and Maker's Mark (which I'm working on now), but I'm definitely also interested in sampling the lesser-knowns. Had a bottle of Bulleit earlier this summer and loved it, especially how the extra rye changed the character of it. Though I've been sticking more to the Irish stuff in the summer months ... something about Irish whiskey just tastes more refreshing on a hot day than bourbon or Scotch. Slainte, bitches!

I went on a cross country trip like 10 years ago that included a stop in Memphis. We wanted to go to Lynchburg for the Jack Daniels, but once we heard it was a dry county and there were no free samples on the tour, we decided they could shove it. Stayed in town and got blasted on Beale Street instead. Awesome decision.

Posted Image

#8708 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

Four Roses single barrel (not small batch or any other Four Roses) -- little high in rye but it just serves to improve the flavor - pick it up - should be around $34

Do NOT waste money on Colonel Taylor (it's in a fancy tube like a single malt).  We got it for $50 - here it's $100 and it's just not worth it.  It's OK for $50 but the Four Roses was better.  The $22 jug of Very Old Barton 90 proof was waaay better -- but the gas money to get it in KY kind of ruins the value.  :smilegah:

I like the Elmer T Lee - the guys call it a woman's bourbon <_< .  It smells like a glazed doughnut and has a sweeter flavor to it. It could make a mean mint Julep - not sure I want to spoil it with mint though.

Isn't it weird that there are dry counties here and there in American whisky country?  I guess they dont want to spoil the moonshine market laugh5.gif

Makers 46 is just fantastic - didn't go to their distillery but it's just a classic.

oh and our house bourbon Bulleit - when we put it in with our at home taste test was surprisingly thin.  Tasty but thinner than the others. Their rye now... that is fantastic!  We'll save Rye for another post :evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 06 August 2013 - 11:30 AM.

I'm here for the party

#8709 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

Very Old Barton was on my short list of bourbons to try, thanks for the tips on Four Roses, Maker's 46, and Elmer T. Lee. Who knows, if Lee really is that sweet, maybe it could entice the wife to try something more than a hesitant, forced, wincing sip, followed by hacking coughs and immediate regret.

Saw a Bulleit 10-year bourbon last time I was at the store. If I ever have money again, I might have to pick that up.

Posted Image

#8710 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

Well -- maybe start her off with Buffalo Trace Cream Bourbon.  I didn't pick one up for myself despite only being able to get it in KY.  It's, dare I say, better than Bailey's.  I dont like stuff like that -- but only because it seems like too many vices wrapped up in one package. AND, I got it for my sister so....

I'm here for the party

#8711 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,598 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Note: When PK says she's going back in time to the 70s, it's not the 1970s, it's the 1770s since we all know she lives in the 1800s.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#8712 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

Tri-cornered hats FTW!

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#8713 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

:clap:

I'm here for the party

#8714 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

Got a reflux still for my birthday. Am working on the condensation component. Planning on a steady supply of vodka and gin after Armageddon.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#8715 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

Got a reflux still for my birthday. Am working on the condensation component. Planning on a steady supply of vodka and gin after Armageddon.

Make sure you make some high octane batches too...drink it and use it for fuel at the same time! ;)

Sent from my Galaxy TAB using Tapatalk 2

#8716 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

Are you kidding me?  After Christie signed the micro-distilleries thing my husband and B-in-L have been going nuts pricing everything out.  They are so funny - texting at midnight -- PING!  then my husband cackles with glee, or sighs with despair.

I've discovered I really hate vodka.  I hate the after taste with a real passion.  Love gin always have.  Sadly I've made all sorts of infused vodka from my herb garden.  Tastes great -- until the after taste hits. 

SO -- in conclusion - we'll have to get you some oak barrels - hopefully Armageddon won't hit for a decade or so.

I'm here for the party

#8717 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

My son from Chicago brought a bottle of FEW white whiskey from Evanston IL distillers last week. Pretty good stuff. Gives me a point of reference.
PK have you tried blackberry infusion?
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#8718 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

Wow - IAmCanadian is 24. 

I missed above too -- no I didn't do blackberry -- but I make wineberry cordial.

We're over-run with wineberries. I make pies, jellies and eat them straight up for breakfast all June/July.  I went through over 10 pints and barely made a dent in the b@$tards.  Friends from across the state come to our neighborhood to pick the famous wild raspberries.  A friend of ours in the Catskills seriously took wineberry cuttings and is working his ass off to propagate them.  We had to explain how sorry he's going to be, as delicious a they are.  But my sheep LOVE the whole plant. Sheep have no problem eating prickers - I had no idea.  We may be out of wineberries in a year or so.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 11 September 2013 - 08:42 AM.

I'm here for the party

#8719 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

Is it just me or are car designs looking increasing pissed off year after year? Seems like every car on the road has an indignant look on it's front side.

#8720 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

Hi folks. Long time no post....or log in to forum. Working for a living sucks, gets in the way of watching hockey and generally enjoying life. Big thank you to DM for sorting out my sign-in issues. So how's life?

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users