8761 replies to this topic

#8721 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

Sadly as you probably guessed by now....most of the non-hockey stuff (and people) have mostly migrated over to social media....a bit unfortunate, but there's been a whole new group of people in here....and for the most it ain't been the same in here in a long long time......someone had to say it.....

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#8722 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:04 AM

That is pretty sad, considering how long this board has been together. But I guess fighting negative nancies just gets old after a while. I have to admit, I haven't kept myself up to date on the Devils' trials, the Sens have kept me busy on that front well enough. I have just missed the community that used to exist here, which I guess just doesn't anymore.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#8723 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:59 AM

Always good to see you posting Threestars.

Yeah the forum has changed a lot, like you said life gets in the way. A lot of people used to a lot more active , but its tailed off a bit.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#8724 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

That is pretty sad, considering how long this board has been together. But I guess fighting negative nancies just gets old after a while. I have to admit, I haven't kept myself up to date on the Devils' trials, the Sens have kept me busy on that front well enough. I have just missed the community that used to exist here, which I guess just doesn't anymore.

This is true, and the fun vibe that used to be here every day is pretty much gone (go figure I tend to disappear after football season, that's where most of the people I still talk to on here congregate anyway), plus the explosion of social media has made it a lot easier to customize your own stuff and keep it all in one place too....it does happen....and yeah real life always interferes too.....

(add in the Devils being average at best and the loonies have taken over the asylum :blink: )

Edited by CRASHER, 16 December 2013 - 09:50 AM.

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#8725 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

I miss a lot of the folks that used to post here.  Chat was different too.  We got silly in there sometimes.  The negativity level was low or short lived.   Reading some threads now makes me wonder if it is Groundhog's Day. ;)

I miss the people that would get together during the intermissions at the Meadowlands.  We had parties and got together for non hockey stuff.  That was great fun.  I miss those days and some of the folks who used to post.

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#8726 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

Things do change....and evolve.....or in this case.....go the other way, but it's a small side function of technology.....FB, twitter, etc are just as easy and accessible to share your info, stories and stuff with your friends....and you don't have to worry about the people you don't wanna hear from or about either....

case in point.....all the old b-day threads on here now become mass wall posts on facebook (not saying that's much better, I spent half my damn birthday answering wall posts :P )

#8727 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:02 AM

This conversation reminds me of when we spent like a year trying to organize a pick-up game to meet each other and we finally made it happen but of course it poured that day haha.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#8728 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:32 AM

Well it is good to see some folks are still around.

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#8729 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

This conversation reminds me of when we spent like a year trying to organize a pick-up game to meet each other and we finally made it happen but of course it poured that day haha.

Didn't we still have the game??? And a river on the blue line??? :lol:

#8730 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

Haha yeah I remember passes just ending in the middle of the rink because the ball got stuck in the puddle.  We still had the game but wasn't westcoastdevfan supposed to bring a Devils puck or some sort of prize until he ended up not showing up? Haha.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#8731 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

Sadly .... for the most it ain't been the same in here in a long long time......someone had to say it.....

That is pretty sad.... But I guess fighting negative nancies just gets old after a while... I have just missed the community that used to exist here, which I guess just doesn't anymore.

Reading some threads now makes me wonder if it is Groundhog's Day. ;)

This is true....and the loonies have taken over the asylum :blink: )

+ 1

#8732 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

I don't wanna tease you with something so awesome...

But.. there is a pic of Don & Me at Montreal that exist... 

JUST SAYIN' ! 

I know... Crazy ! 

#8733 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

You mock me!  Will Don let you post it?  I can't tell you how happy your Montreal trip made me!  LOL  How ridiculous is that?  It was just perfect old school NJDevs message Board perfection!

...and I saw it on facebook!  :rofl:

:mellow:  :saddevil:

I'm here for the party

#8734 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

; )

I had such an amazing good time there ! 

I remember my first time i visit there... around 2000/2001 (i only create an account one year after)... I remember looking at all that from my country and i was so sure that i would never be able to watch a game live

aaah... 13 years after ! 

And about the pic, i dunno if Don would be ok to put it there ! ; )

#8735 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

Your face said it all.  See and Marty came through for you.  The team has it's priorities straight after all!

I'm here for the party

#8736 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

Hey all -- just checkin' in on the Devils testicular fortitude. 

I'm here for the party

#8737 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:21 AM

Reading the forum at the moment is like trying to run a marathon whilst up to your neck in mud. You have to struggle through endless posts with the same idiots calling each other out over the most mundane crap, just to get to someone making a valid point or a topic worthy of reply.

I was considering using the ignore feature, but im not sure if there would then be anything for me to read.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#8738 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:18 AM

Am I on anyone ignore list ? If yes, please tell me.

oh... wait... 

#8739 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

Am I on anyone ignore list ? If yes, please tell me.

oh... wait... 

I have quoted it so if people do have you on ignore, they will now see this through my post........ Unless they have me on ignore as well............ crap.

Posted Image

#8740 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

Dang it Chi -- I've been trying to avoid that crazy man's posts!! 

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users