#61 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:21 PM

they don't play "Rise today" anymore :(

Awww, I love Alter Bridge. :( Seriously, their first 2 albums are awesome.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#62 Cracker5

Cracker5

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:26 PM

I have yet to hear Seek & Destroy by Metallica this year during the PSE&G Power Play....at the games I've been at.

Posted Image
~Team NJDevs (NHL 09 EASHL): (Co-Gm) LD/RD #5 Lehotay~
Season 1 Stats: 82 GP, 4 G, 12 A, 16 PT, Team Leading 1011 Hits, 10 Fighting Majors (8 Wins)
~Team 230 Crazies/Team NJDevs (NHL 09 EASHL): (Co-Gm) LD/RD/RW #5 Lehotay~
Season 2 Stats: 82 GP, 50 G, 35 A, 85 PT, 647 Hits, 14 Fighting Majors (9 Wins)

#63 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:32 PM

For a while they played a remake of "In The Air Tonight" (no idea who did it) in one of those random video packages to get psyched for the end of the game.

They also played some Black-Eyed Peas, don't remember the name of the song, but it was the one where they were like streetfighting in the video.

Both of those probably aren't played anymore. I haven't been to a game yet this year, so not really sure what's on this year.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#64 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:50 PM

For a while they played a remake of "In The Air Tonight" (no idea who did it) in one of those random video packages to get psyched for the end of the game.

They also played some Black-Eyed Peas, don't remember the name of the song, but it was the one where they were like streetfighting in the video.

Both of those probably aren't played anymore. I haven't been to a game yet this year, so not really sure what's on this year.

Nonpoint did the In The Air Tonight cover. I think the Panthers used that as a theme song one year, with the band playing it live before the home opener or something. This is probably two or three years ago.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#65 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:09 PM

I have yet to hear Seek & Destroy by Metallica this year during the PSE&G Power Play....at the games I've been at.

Kick Start my Heart is great for the PP.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#66 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

Coming back from commercial breaks in the 2nd period of tonight's game (vs. MTL, 1-2-09), I heard Van Halen's version of "You Really Got Me" and "It's Tricky" by Run-DMC.

Edited by 95Crash, 02 January 2009 - 11:19 PM.

#67 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

Coming back from commercial breaks in the 2nd period of tonight's game (vs. MTL, 1-2-09), I heard Van Halen's version of "You Really Got Me" and "It's Tricky" by Run-DMC.

Good call, forgot about It's Tricky...also, add to that:

Let It Rock by Kevin Rudolf & Lil Wayne
Something by Rob Zombie for the second period into...not sure of what song, I think it's off Sinister Urge though
I have no idea what they used for the third period intro, but it was different from the usual Prodigy or Guns N Roses songs.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#68 njdevsfn95

njdevsfn95

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:59 PM

have to add one more to the list. it is a techno song that i've heard so many times over the years and never knew the name of it.

it is usually played late in games when tied or losing in combination with a "make some noise" in an effort to get the fans going again.

"Sandstorm" - Darude

#69 zzpop91915

zzpop91915

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:13 PM

whats the song that says put ur hands up in the air

#70 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:55 PM

Noticed two more songs tonight that I know have been played in the past. I rechecked the thread, and neither were mentioned so far:

"Wild Side" by Motley Crue
"Where's Your Head At" by Basement Jaxx (played when the other team committed a penalty)

Edited by 95Crash, 08 January 2009 - 09:56 PM.

#71 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:56 PM

new third period intro=

"Spitfire"- Prodigy

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#72 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:30 PM

new third period intro=

"Spitfire"- Prodigy

Good call, I had no idea what that Prodigy song was. Thanks.

Though ironically, they went back to Firestarter tonight.

Other songs I noticed tonight:

The Anthem by Good Charlotte
I Don't Care by Fall Out Boy
Last Nite by The Strokes
Fell In Love With A Girl by The White Stripes
School's Out by Alice Cooper (second period intro music, I assume because it was College Night during the winter break)

Edited by thelastonealive, 09 January 2009 - 01:15 AM.

#73 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

Does anyone know the name of the song the Devils play after Hells Bells when they come out and the lights go on?
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#74 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:29 PM

Does anyone know the name of the song the Devils play after Hells Bells when they come out and the lights go on?

"Devils" by The 69 Eyes

Great song, kind of a cross between HIM and Billy Idol.

#75 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:50 AM

do we have enough songs to compile a second separate list since the first one?

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#76 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:04 AM

do we have enough songs to compile a second separate list since the first one?

be my guest :P

hah, no, when I get time I'll go for it.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#77 No1betterNJDevs

No1betterNJDevs

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:40 AM

anybody have a clue with these songs..one has the words 'don't back down' and I think it's a newer song (has a really good beat) and the other one has the words 'its contagious' and is more of a rock/punk song.I know those are really broad statements, but those are the only words I could remember. thanks

I also remember them playing .... The sweetness-Jimmy Eat World and Trapt-Who's going home with you tonight
Pain is weakness--leaving the body.

#78 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:49 AM

anybody have a clue with these songs..one has the words 'don't back down' and I think it's a newer song (has a really good beat) and the other one has the words 'its contagious' and is more of a rock/punk song.I know those are really broad statements, but those are the only words I could remember. thanks

I also remember them playing .... The sweetness-Jimmy Eat World and Trapt-Who's going home with you tonight

If you have a general idea as to when they were played last game, that would help...what period, if it was for something specific (power play, start of a period, etc) or just stoppages in play.

They've been using Let It Rock by Kevin Rudolf f/ Lil Wayne quite a bit lately - most recently for the Devils girls dance routine in the second period.

#79 No1betterNJDevs

No1betterNJDevs

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:04 AM

If you have a general idea as to when they were played last game, that would help...what period, if it was for something specific (power play, start of a period, etc) or just stoppages in play.

They've been using Let It Rock by Kevin Rudolf f/ Lil Wayne quite a bit lately - most recently for the Devils girls dance routine in the second period.

As far as I can remember it was played during a stoppage of play or during a commercial break when they show people on the screen dancing to it.
Pain is weakness--leaving the body.

#80 rdevils128

rdevils128

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:26 AM

Anyone know what song was played before the 3rd period last night, if you were there? It definately wasn't Prodigy. It was a pretty heavy song but I couldnt make out any words that would tie it to a specific song.... Also, for the past few years, they have played "Do you call my name" by Ra. Back in CAA it used to be during warmups and these days it can be heard every now and then during Rock Solid Hits. Good song, IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users