GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ NJ DEVILS, Jan 24, 2008, 7:00 PM ET

eaglejelly

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah....pretty much. passing well doesn't really count, does it?

This is the NHL we are talking about. Simply taking shots from everywhere isn't going to work on these goalie, and the penalty killers aren't idiots, they know how to get in shooting lanes. NHL players know how to run a powerplay better than you do, so on behalf of hockey fans everywhere who actually know how the game works, please do not yell "shoot" during powerplays anymore. If a powerplay fails to get a good shot it is because they couldn't set up a good chance and the penalty killers did a good job preventing them from getting chances, not because these professional hockey players don't know when to shoot it.

Are you a fvcking retard? Has any team ever won anything that didn't make any passes?

Was that really necessary??? She is young and new to the sport...even I figured that out...chill...I know you and a lot of us are really bummed over this game but no need to take it out on other fans.

Was that really necessary??? She is young and new to the sport...even I figured that out...chill...I know you and a lot of us are really bummed over this game but no need to take it out on other fans.

Sorry, I'm really pissed but I thought she was just fvcking around with us. They are professional hockey players, they didn't get there by not knowing how to play hockey. When it's time to shoot, they know when. If they didn't shoot at the end of the game, it's because there was not a clear shooting lane to the net.

but you still have to shoot, that is all I am saying

Yea but you don't just take shots when there's 4 guys standing in front of you just for the sake of taking a shot so that the other team can take the puck and clear it before you get a quality chance.

I find it extremely frustrating at any time during a powerplay when everyone starts yelling "shoot". It shows that the fanbase in general just doesn't understand what is going on down there.

Don't you remember how much of a waste Gretzky was? If only he knew to shoot the puck instead of pass it, he might have won a Cup or two!

Exactly, what are all of those things he had called asists? Is that like helping to get a penalty? He should have just shot the puck when he crossed the red line.

you win.

?

Sorry, I'm really pissed but I thought she was just fvcking around with us. They are professional hockey players, they didn't get there by not knowing how to play hockey. When it's time to shoot, they know when. If they didn't shoot at the end of the game, it's because there was not a clear shooting lane to the net.

Well said.

I find it extremely frustrating at any time during a powerplay when everyone starts yelling "shoot". It shows that the fanbase in general just doesn't understand what is going on down there.

Well someones gotta make some noise.....

:P

I know that...I mean I have been watching the sport longer than most on the forum have been on earth...yes they should know when and know if there is no clear lane however they sometimes get brain cramps and keep passing...we have all seen the Devs and other teams do this...I think we understand each other...believe me there are plenty of posts thru the years that are posts that make me go huh? Still we perservere...we all love the Devs and will support them with our all :) ^5