8 replies to this topic

#1 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:21 PM

As I read thru a forum and have about 3 or 4 threads left to read, I hit return to Hell and all of a sudden what I just read (and was showing as being read) changes back to the bright color indicating there are some new unread replies. I go into the thread and realize that I have already read the thread and nothing is new. Anyone having this problem? Any idea why this is happening. I keep losing track of what I read and haven't yet read. :noclue:

I have read the older thread and guess I should've just re-opened it...sorry...b4 anyone says anything, I have the problem whether I hit refresh or not...I use F5 so much I am surprised it is still working on my keyboard...IE is current and hasn't been modified lately...btw...this post can be merged into the other thread...doesn't seem like it got resolved :noclue:

Edited by StarDew, 24 January 2008 - 09:56 PM.

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#2 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:02 AM

I am never able to duplicate this, and the Invision forums dont have anyone reporting similiar issues that I can find.

#3 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 10:24 AM

Thnx DM...I am going to be more watchful of when it happens, date/time and exactly what was I doing just before it happened...maybe if I can collect enough data we can re-create the issue...watch...now it won't happen just like when you have a squeak in a car and when it gets to the mechanic the sqeak disappears ;)
Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#4 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,622 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:31 PM

I browse the boards differently than you do, but I have noticed that if I forget to hit the "Mark All Posts As Read" link when I'm done (so that the threads I'm not interested in don't show up again), sometimes the ones I did read don't get marked as read.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#5 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

I browse the boards differently than you do, but I have noticed that if I forget to hit the "Mark All Posts As Read" link when I'm done (so that the threads I'm not interested in don't show up again), sometimes the ones I did read don't get marked as read.

I have the same habit...I always mark all posts as read just before I logout and then right after the logout in complete...for me it only hapens while I am reading a thread...since I do not read every thread I use the mark as read frequently...then just before I close the browser I delete temp files, cookies etc so that I start clean next time I launch the browser...it is poltergeistish :unsure:
Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

#6 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:41 PM

It happened again Jan. 28 however I kept track of this:

I was in Hell and heard something on the TV that made no sense at approx 12:55P.
I opened a tab and did a search RE: tv tidbit.
I was in the 2nd tab more than 5 minutes.
When I returned to forum at 1:05 all the threads that I had read were marked as not read.
I know because I only had 3 threads left to read.
Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

#7 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:44 PM

Under the same conditions that I had in previous post, I have had it happen 2 more times...one when I was perusing the link abt TFP and again when I was reading another link...it only took 7 and 5 min respectively to recreate the reverting to show as not read. This all happened between 8:15P and 8:40P Jan 28.

I will keep posting anymore info on these circumstances...if I can recreate it under different conditions I will add that to the thread also :)
Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

#8 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:46 PM

Now it is wierd...I start reading my thread oldest to newest...I got to the very 1st and felt I was all done but nooooooooooooooo....as I scroll everything and I mean everything I read was marked as not read...I wonder if the refresh rate of the forum has anything to do with this mystery :noclue: It is now 1:45P Jan 30...I have been in the forums about 15 minutes.
Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

#9 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:29 PM

DM

It is happening more often now...it is 3:27P on Feb 6 and as I was reading the last post in a thread. voila`...everything I read was now flagged as not read...at what interval is the refresh rate? I was online and in the forum approx 15 minutes?
Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users