1017 replies to this topic

#821 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,299 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:43 AM

I'm in the same boat as Crasher, I want to like TNA, that's why I watch it every week, in hopes that they will someday start getting their act together. Theres a ton of sh!t in the WWE that I don't like either I just find TNA even more frustrating because the talent is there but morons are running the show. Eric and Hulk are garbage and Dixie my daddy paid for everything Carter doesn't know jack sh!t about wrestling.

OK I'm going to be the lone guy to stick up for TNA.

I rather watch a D list celebs Bart Scott then see Justin Bieber ruining Wrestlemania.

I'd rather watch neither but for arguments sake at least Bieber would draw WWE money because girls will be buying wm to see him. No one gives a sh!t about Bart Scott and I'm a Jets fan and I still don't care.

To call Sting's gimmick weak is such a cop-out. Taker is one of the stalest wrestlers in WWE...period. How will this comeback be any different then say his last two comebacks? The last time he was really relevant IMO was Great American Bash 04 and during the Taker/Dudleys feud. Since then they've re-done Bearer. re-done Kane/Undertaker and redone the Casket on fire bit...twice. The character doesn't have it anymore. I know i'll get ALOT of sh!t for that but it's true.

I like Sting and have no problems with his gimmick, it's the way TNA acted and the way they brought him back that's completely childish. They did everything because of some internet rumors.

The double-standard of WWE fans is shocking. What do I mean? Well they will mark out over Nash/Booker going to WWE and the possibility of Sting going to WWE but when Nash/Booker were in TNA and when those fans found out Sting wasn't going to job to Undertaker for a paycheck? "Oh they are just old farts that just hold down young guys." LMAO Come on.

Nash and Booker were one time entries at the Rumble, they aren't going to be winning belts any time soon. There was zero real talk about Sting even coming to the WWE. It was all started by people on the internet.

Oh and what's wrong with wanting to want to be WCW? I liked WCW. fvck WCW 2000 > WWE today. Is TNA a clusterfvck? Sure is. Is it an entertaining one? Yes.

cause I want to see some original stuff and for TNA to be TNA. There is no reason to let Eric put a group together and then talk and talk and talk and talk just like the old days with the NWO. Lets see some new ideas! It's not that hard to come up with some new material.

If TNA had a bigger marketing department and was on a bigger network they'd be beating WWE...or at least be beating Smackdown. Their roster is 10x better then what WWE's is. That's for damn sure.

Their roster is good but it's not 10x better then what WWE has. There are way too many guys on TNAs current roster that are WWE rejects and that's another gripe I have about TNA, they love to push guys who just get fired from WWE.

I really hope TNA can get their act together one day but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

#822 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,933 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:28 AM

I really hope TNA can get their act together one day but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

And boy was last night any more obvious screaming proof of this being true???

Long story short:
Jeff Hardy (who was in Rahway on Saturday, and in more irony, was heckled HARD by the crowd including a "we're still sober chant") came to the TNA Show last night in "no condition to wrestle"... you figure it out there....but TNA STILL keeps him in the Main Event Match.... Sting refuses to work a long match with him (I don't blame him, a stoned moron like this could mess you up).... TNA (even worse) has a NO CONTEST in it's #1 contender's match.... and Sting beats Hardy in 90 seconds refusing to let him get up from a pinfall..... TNA really is WCW 2.0 now, and here's the "Finger Poke of DOOM: moment......
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#823 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,933 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:31 AM

Video of the "match" last night......

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#824 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,299 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

And boy was last night any more obvious screaming proof of this being true???

Long story short:
Jeff Hardy (who was in Rahway on Saturday, and in more irony, was heckled HARD by the crowd including a "we're still sober chant") came to the TNA Show last night in "no condition to wrestle"... you figure it out there....but TNA STILL keeps him in the Main Event Match.... Sting refuses to work a long match with him (I don't blame him, a stoned moron like this could mess you up).... TNA (even worse) has a NO CONTEST in it's #1 contender's match.... and Sting beats Hardy in 90 seconds refusing to let him get up from a pinfall..... TNA really is WCW 2.0 now, and here's the "Finger Poke of DOOM: moment......

I just got done watching that ppv, I can't believe they let him go out there like that. TNA management proves how dumb they are yet again. All they had to do was show Jeff in the back getting attacked, or just say he couldn't make, etc, etc. Since the number 1 contenders match was a draw they could have done a triple threat with Sting-RVD-Anderson.

But nope, they had to go and pick the worst possible decision and throw Jeff hardy out there when they knew he was high/wasted/whatever. They need to fire Jeff or send him to rehab.

#825 xmogilny89x

xmogilny89x

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

TNA is a mess. i wish they would just tell their fans straight up what really happened. i think there was a PPV a while back where Scott Hall no showed due to "personal" problems
Posted Image

#826 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

It was last minute so they couldn't really "do" anything. What they should have done is have Hardy come out but then have Anderson attack him...taking his spot. That way you save face by having Hardy at least come out. Edit: Lol I just saw S.H. suggest the same thing. Yeah, exactly what they should have done. Instead we got Russo'd. Although I'm not sure that Russo has booking power anymore but meh.

Edited by TheMazz, 16 March 2011 - 05:10 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#827 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,933 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

It was last minute so they couldn't really "do" anything. What they should have done is have Hardy come out but then have Anderson attack him...taking his spot. That way you save face by having Hardy at least come out. Edit: Lol I just saw S.H. suggest the same thing. Yeah, exactly what they should have done. Instead we got Russo'd. Although I'm not sure that Russo has booking power anymore but meh.

How was it last minute when (according to reports) he showed up 30 minutes before the show all fracked up still??? That should be even MORE telling cause wrestlers usually get their earlier then that to work out match details/etc....

one rumor going around this is a work and some kinda Charlie Sheen knock-off.... it better NOT be... what scares me is, the longer Hardy stays without getting fired, the more I sorta believe it.....

that was possibly the most embarrassing moment in wrestling history.....

Credit to Sting for not taking the chance and doing the right thing getting the HELL outta there!!

#828 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,299 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:52 PM

one rumor going around this is a work and some kinda Charlie Sheen knock-off.... it better NOT be... what scares me is, the longer Hardy stays without getting fired, the more I sorta believe it.....

Well I read they told him to go home and they are taking him off the upcoming house shows so it doesn't look to be a work.

I wouldn't put it past them but if this somehow turned out to be a work it's by far the dumbest decision TNA has ever made, mainly because Jeff is still dealing with legal troubles.

#829 xmogilny89x

xmogilny89x

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:23 PM

i think they should of just dropped that match and have the iron sheik come out and rant obscenities to the crowd :boogie:
Posted Image

#830 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,933 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

i think they should of just dropped that match and have the iron sheik come out and rant obscenities to the crowd :boogie:

See that might have actually been WORTH the money :P

A fascinating... but almost depressing read on how TNA treats and pays the low-end talent....you know in a lot of ways, the heart and main reason most people watch TNA

(well aside of Jeff Jarrett :rofl: )

http://www.cagesides...tment-of-talent

#831 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,933 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:15 PM

Jeff Hardy Described As "Mess" At TNA PPV, Backstage News On Match Change
By Daniel Pena
Mar 17, 2011 - 2:18:12 PM

Jeff Hardy was described as being "a mess" in the hours that led up to his main event match with Sting at Sunday's Victory Road pay-per-view event. The two-time TNA World Heavyweight Champion had to be be held as he made his way from outside the Impact! Zone to the staging area behind the entrance curtain. His behavior at the "gorilla position" combined with the manner in which he stumbled during his ring entrance caused management to call an audible just before the match. Eric Bischoff delivered instructions to both grapplers while cutting his promo and the bout last approximately ninety seconds.

HOURS before he was set to go on..... HOURS!!! Man did TNA ever frack this one up......

#832 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,299 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:48 AM

Man did TNA ever frack this one up......

That's ok, they followed it up with one of the worst impacts ever tonight. I think there was honestly less then 10 mins of wrestling tonight. Not to mention we still don't have a number 1 contender and that ending was horrible cause it didn't look like RVD or Anderson had an arm on each other so the ref should have never counted in the first place. Also look like AJ is going to be out a few weeks now which makes no sense either.

TNA really should have presented a better show knowing that people were going to be tuning in to see the post-hardy disaster.

Hogan/Eric/Sting pretty much all threw Jeff Hardy under the bus in the opening of Impact which is exactly what he deserved.

The only good thing about tonights Impact is they got rid of that awful Hardy belt. The new belt looks ok, kinda reminds me of a mix of the WCW belt(the one edge is currently wearing) mixed with a UFC belt.

Posted Image

Edited by Satans Hockey, 18 March 2011 - 12:48 AM.

#833 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,933 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:45 AM

Impact had SOME moments last night.... I thought the opening promo did what it HAD to do last night... leave jeffykins in the dust and move on......the first half of the Pope segment was SO BAD it was FUNNY.... STEP ON MY SHOE AGAIN SUCKA.....*whap*!!! I'm still laughing at that :rofl:

Any time I see Jarrett I hit fast forward... it's a good rule in life,,,,poor Angle... please don't make Sting's mistake and go back to Vince!!!!

The #1 contender's match HAD to have a winner.... at least announcer RVD and Kennedy are getting a title shot at Sting and get it OVER WITH.... Jesus, I did like the elevation of Bubba, and that was a SICK spot AJ took.... having the whole LAST EIGHT MINUTES being carrying out AJ was unnecessary though......

And another thing TNA does that pisses me off.... Hogan and Bischoff have TOTAL CONTROL.... but they have to ANSWER TO "THE NETWORK"???? Really??? CMON!!! Then you two asshats don't have total control now DO YOU?

Least they have a TV Champ again now.....TNA needs a reboot and SOON

#834 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:16 PM

I prefer the rawnesss of TNA to the highly polished, predictable nonsense at WWE.

That being said, I would have expected TNA to build off their early momentum, but they have failed.

I don't need to see relics like Jarett, Sting, Hogan, or Bishoff.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#835 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:50 PM

Lol @ worst impact ever.

Stone me for what I'm about to say but I liked it. Tons of entertaining backstage segments and hardly any matches. One of the things I particularly like about TNA is that they don't cater to the "work-rate" marks of the internet that would be pushing Samoa Joe as TNA champ (if they had their way) or wanted Awesome Kong to stay (when she didn't sell at all. It's proven fact that sex sells in wrestling and no one wants to see someone like Kong. It's why the beautiful people's segments are some of impact's most highest rated.

People calling Sting/Bischoff/Hogan/Jarrett relics...what about HHH? Undertaker? Jerry Lawler? What about Big Show and to a lesser extent Kane & Rey. Who wants to see that? I don't. TNA's relics are more entertaining then WWE's washups. The Jeff Jarrett MMA angle was one of the most entertaining things I've watched in ages and the re-doing of the vowed with that over the top kiss was not too far behind. Also while it seems like I'm a TNA mark I swear I'm not. When they suck I'll say they suck. They go through periods of greatness then suck then rinse/wash/repeat.

n2eg.jpg

#836 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,933 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

Stone me for what I'm about to say but I liked it. Tons of entertaining backstage segments and hardly any matches. One of the things I particularly like about TNA is that they don't cater to the "work-rate" marks of the internet that would be pushing Samoa Joe as TNA champ (if they had their way) or wanted Awesome Kong to stay (when she didn't sell at all. It's proven fact that sex sells in wrestling and no one wants to see someone like Kong. It's why the beautiful people's segments are some of impact's most highest rated.

People calling Sting/Bischoff/Hogan/Jarrett relics...what about HHH? Undertaker? Jerry Lawler? What about Big Show and to a lesser extent Kane & Rey. Who wants to see that? I don't. TNA's relics are more entertaining then WWE's washups. The Jeff Jarrett MMA angle was one of the most entertaining things I've watched in ages and the re-doing of the vowed with that over the top kiss was not too far behind. Also while it seems like I'm a TNA mark I swear I'm not. When they suck I'll say they suck. They go through periods of greatness then suck then rinse/wash/repeat.

Then how come the Ratings have DROPPED like a rock for the women when they went from WRESTLING to Diva-Light (no offense meant to Madison Rayne, she's the best woman's wrestler on TV now)
..... TNA doesn't cater to ANYONE.... it's a mish-mosh FAIL of WCW ideas (nWo), WWE concepts, and the top Indy wrestlers we never see anywhere else..... EVERYTHING that TNA was doing right has one by one gone down the sh!tter!!!!!

Say what you want about the old guys in the E... the shows are being built around the YOUNGER GUYS... Cena, the Miz, Del Rio, even Shamus

And I HAD A MAN-CRUSH ON KONG DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

The only thing I ever want to see Jeff Jarrett do is an Owen Hart impression.... the dude never drew flies, was THE GUY when WCW died painfully and he's done NOTHING for TNA aside of use daddy's money!!!

BE DIFFERENT.... BE TNA.... don't be WWE-light and has-beens....if you're gonna fail... go down SWINGING... not like THIS!

#837 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:58 PM

Then how come the Ratings have DROPPED like a rock for the women when they went from WRESTLING to Diva-Light (no offense meant to Madison Rayne, she's the best woman's wrestler on TV now)
..... TNA doesn't cater to ANYONE.... it's a mish-mosh FAIL of WCW ideas (nWo), WWE concepts, and the top Indy wrestlers we never see anywhere else..... EVERYTHING that TNA was doing right has one by one gone down the sh!tter!!!!!

Say what you want about the old guys in the E... the shows are being built around the YOUNGER GUYS... Cena, the Miz, Del Rio, even Shamus

And I HAD A MAN-CRUSH ON KONG DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

The only thing I ever want to see Jeff Jarrett do is an Owen Hart impression.... the dude never drew flies, was THE GUY when WCW died painfully and he's done NOTHING for TNA aside of use daddy's money!!!

BE DIFFERENT.... BE TNA.... don't be WWE-light and has-beens....if you're gonna fail... go down SWINGING... not like THIS!

- Del Rio, Sheamus & even Miz don't get pops. The "younger" guys with the exception of Wade Barrett and CM Punk aren't entertaining. If you carefully pay attention to the crowd reaction the crowd doesn't care about either of those three and they aren't big draws. Cena on the other hand is a very talented wrestler that has been terribly mis-booked. IMO. His time as a heel doing his rap shtick was the best that I have ever seen him and if they brought him back doing something like that again I believe we would see the best out of him. Cena to me is a better heel then a face and his babyface act is getting a tad old to me.

Nexus is basically the "new blood" stable except without a WWE's version of the "Millionaire's Club to fight against" and NXT itself is a rehashed tough enough. A lot of WWE does is rehashed. Does TNA do rehashed things? Yes. But hell what hasn't been a rehash in wrestling. You can go all the way back and say the Attitude era was a "rehash" of ECW Hardcore TV only tweaked because of the bigger budget WWE had and that DX was a rehash/knockoff of the NWO. But look at Del Rio he's a rehash of JBL in a ton of ways & then you got undertaker's comeback which will be a rehash of all his other comebacks.

Yeah rehashing isn't the issue it's doing the rehash/knockoff right and in an entertaining way.

Edited by TheMazz, 18 March 2011 - 04:58 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#838 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,299 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:03 AM

Lol @ worst impact ever.

I said one of the worst impacts ever, not the worst. :P

I said that because it was less then 10 mins of wrestling over the 2 hour show, and two of the matches were completely pointless. Alissa Flash came back to lose in what, 20 seconds? What was the point of that? They could have just picked some random scrub. That street fight was pointless too, I think it lasted 90 seconds.

My other issue is them dragging out the number 1 contender is just getting old.

I semi-agree with you about the old guys. See I like Sting and Jarrett but I can't stand Hogan and Bischoff but that's because those two are just completely worthless, all they do is talk and talk and talk and talk. It's the same sh!t over and over.

I also like Taker and HHH but I can't stand the King, and I don't like big show, kane or rey either. Although this Cody-Rey feud has been awesome but that's cause Cody has been doing an amazing job with this new character.

I'm with you on calling out sh!t when I see it, I do the same thing with TNA and WWE. I just find TNA more frustrating because they have the ability to be so much more but they always seem to let the wrong people be in charge of the show.

Here is my biggest problem with WWE right now, I can deal with that little troll Snooki from the Jersey shore being on Raw but they booked her in a match at WrestleMania........GIMMIE A BREAK. There is no reason whatsoever to do this. I'm beyond annoyed about it. I feel bad for Dolph-Morrison for having to be involved in that. I'd rather see them in a singles match and they could just throw all the divas and that disaster snooki in a battle royal that no one cares about.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 19 March 2011 - 08:24 AM.

#839 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,933 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

When you use vet's in the RIGHT WAY, it's ok to use them.... Flair as a manager....Edge to put over Del Rio.... even the Rock is ok, as long as one of the guy WHO ISN'T LEAVING AFTER WRESTLEMANIA gets a rub or a one-up on the Rock (but they won't)....it's fine..... even the elevation of Bubba Ray is fine by me....you name me ONE wrestler in TNA who's benefited from Hogan's (and Bischoff's) time in TNA... Abyss??? :lol:

I can deal with the Snooki crap because it's a filler match on the PPV and sadly the only way Morrison and Ziggler get on the show (and really why is Kelly Kelly not in there too, as much as I don't think much of her, SHE'S the one feuding with LayCool after all, and it would be good for Trish to pass the mantle along to her), it's not like Snooki is announcing the Main Event (and least the WWE gets relevant celebs... yes I'm looking at YOU Bart Scott)

Back to TNA.... The backstage morale after this past week's iMPACT tapings was very low. People in TNA are down on the company's direction more than ever.

- Wrestlers in TNA are under the impression that Jeff Hardy will be brought back as a babyface soon. No one expects him to be fired.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/Morale_Down_in_TNA_Speculation_on_Hardy_s_TNA_Future_Borash_Hurt_More.html

THAT is a flat out DISGRACE, I consider myself on an official financial boycott of TNA... no more DVDs no more shirts and I'm not wasting $29 to see a crappy house show with faker TMZ Angles from Jeff Jarrett......I'll watch Impact cause I can do it in an hour (or less based on bad segments and there's still too many guys I like there, but I'm not putting my money into this living disaster

#840 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,299 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:38 AM

Raw stunk this week, the build up for WrestleMania has been horrible.

It's pretty bad when the best build up to any of the matches is Cole-King.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 23 March 2011 - 11:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users