1009 replies to this topic

#121 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,685 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:00 PM

-- John Cena's merchandise numbers for 2008 were the best of anyone in the history of the company with the exception of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin during his peak years. Cena's numbers were also ahead of Hulk Hogan's marks in the 1980s, although you have to take into account inflation, the numbers of items available at the time compared to now, as well as merchandise not being nearly as readily available as it is today.
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#122 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

How about Hurricane Helms? Does he get much recognition? Hes a great wrestler.. However recently Ive only seen his match with Benjamin last week on SD!, which was pretty good
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#123 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,685 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:21 PM

How about Hurricane Helms? Does he get much recognition? Hes a great wrestler.. However recently Ive only seen his match with Benjamin last week on SD!, which was pretty good

He just came back from a year plus long injury

But wrestling is fake so who cares that the guy was almost crippled :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#124 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:21 PM

He just came back from a year plus long injury

But wrestling is fake so who cares that the guy was almost crippled :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Is he heel or face? I'd imagine Shelton is still heel, right? And it wouldn't make sense for heel vs heel for a title.. I dunno im just throwing stuff out there, I hope he gets a US title shot
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#125 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,685 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

Is he heel or face? I'd imagine Shelton is still heel, right? And it wouldn't make sense for heel vs heel for a title.. I dunno im just throwing stuff out there, I hope he gets a US title shot

yeah most guys come back as faces... makes sense
the welcome back push

just good to see he's 100%!

#126 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:15 PM

Blah... Devils game tomorrow night.. so is SD!.. i was able to work it well last Friday, so ill manage to watch both. Damn SD!'s random 8-10 time slot.. why cant they go to 9-11 like RAW ?!!

btw Crash have you been to any live WWE events? I went to like 3 in the year or so in which i was into wrestling.. No Mercy 2004 (main event was JBL vs Undertaker, Last Ride Match for WWE title, was the beginning of the Heidenreich/Heyman vs Undertaker feud).. a RAW show.. and a Smackdown!/RAW supershow

edit: oh and all were at the CAA

Edited by nmigliore, 01 January 2009 - 10:15 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#127 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,685 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

Blah... Devils game tomorrow night.. so is SD!.. i was able to work it well last Friday, so ill manage to watch both. Damn SD!'s random 8-10 time slot.. why cant they go to 9-11 like RAW ?!!

btw Crash have you been to any live WWE events? I went to like 3 in the year or so in which i was into wrestling.. No Mercy 2004 (main event was JBL vs Undertaker, Last Ride Match for WWE title, was the beginning of the Heidenreich/Heyman vs Undertaker feud).. a RAW show.. and a Smackdown!/RAW supershow

edit: oh and all were at the CAA

I will never step foot in the dump again so I've not going in like 3 years :P

DVR the shows
you'll enjoy them better!

#128 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

I will never step foot in the dump again so I've not going in like 3 years :P

DVR the shows
you'll enjoy them better!

I dont have a DVR :noclue: .. Or I dont think so

I have iO cable.. maybe it comes free and i dont know it, who knows

Edited by nmigliore, 01 January 2009 - 10:21 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#129 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,685 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:29 AM

you have a dolan product

nothing is free :P

#130 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:40 AM

If you have IO Cable you have it, I believe its $10 a month for the DVR. But its money well spent (I record HNIC every Saturday on the NHL Network).
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#131 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

Bleh I barely watched Smackdown! on Friday, obviously mostly because of the Devils game.. but it seems somewhat boring compared to RAW.. I cant wait to watch RAW tonight.. I dunno why Smackdown! seems like such a snoozer now.. More weird wrestlers (Kizarny?) and MVP continues to be used as a jobber it seems
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#132 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,685 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:53 PM

Bleh I barely watched Smackdown! on Friday, obviously mostly because of the Devils game.. but it seems somewhat boring compared to RAW.. I cant wait to watch RAW tonight.. I dunno why Smackdown! seems like such a snoozer now.. More weird wrestlers (Kizarny?) and MVP continues to be used as a jobber it seems

they're working a MVP Face Turn eventually

Fact of Wrestling life... HHH + Air time = BORING SHOW :doh1: :ph34r:

#133 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,685 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:47 AM

Posted Image

#134 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

Fact of Wrestling life... HHH + Air time = BORING SHOW :doh1: :ph34r:

Doesn't help when HHH is the son in law of the BOSS
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#135 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

I used to be into wrestling pretty hardcore, but as I get older I tend to go in spurts. With the news of Vinnie Mac returning, I watched Raw for the first time in about 2 months this past Monday and I used to hate his work, but Randy Orton was seriously awesome. I last watched right when Cena came back as I cant stand him. I think hes good in the ring or at least eons better than he was, plus you can tell he has serious love for the business, but the whole SuperCena crap drove me nuts and I wasn't wanting to see that crap again.

That Legacy stable they're starting could be awesome if they book it right, but creatives heads have been up their asses for so long, I'm afraid they'll find a way to ruin it.

I tend to root for the heels lol.

Edited by ghdi, 21 January 2009 - 11:53 AM.

#136 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,685 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:24 PM

Doesn't help when HHH is the son in law of the BOSS

Why else do you think he has a job?? :P

I used to be into wrestling pretty hardcore, but as I get older I tend to go in spurts. With the news of Vinnie Mac returning, I watched Raw for the first time in about 2 months this past Monday and I used to hate his work, but Randy Orton was seriously awesome. I last watched right when Cena came back as I cant stand him. I think hes good in the ring or at least eons better than he was, plus you can tell he has serious love for the business, but the whole SuperCena crap drove me nuts and I wasn't wanting to see that crap again.

That Legacy stable they're starting could be awesome if they book it right, but creatives heads have been up their asses for so long, I'm afraid they'll find a way to ruin it.

I tend to root for the heels lol.

I keep telling people, Orton has GOTTEN IT and he was so sickly improved over the last year... the presence... the pre-RKO slither he does now.... even that sickly death-stare he has... he's gotten flat out FRIGHTENING and the total "you don't wanna fvck with this guy" heel... I look forward to it every week!!!

#137 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:57 PM

That punt .gif looks very strange for some reason
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#138 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,685 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:23 PM

That punt .gif looks very strange for some reason

Cause Vince got fvckED UP in it !!!! :boogie:

#139 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:43 AM

sure some of you wrestling aficionados already know this but looks like this could be an interesting little thing...beats RoboCop (somebody's gotta get that obscure reference...those were the days) :D
Rourke plans to Wrestle for real...

Edited by UnderDogX, 27 January 2009 - 10:43 AM.

'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#140 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,685 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:37 PM

Robocop :lol:

Yeah Jericho cut a promo about it last night... it looks very likely to happen
if Rourke took all those bumps for real in the movie it should be good times!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users