1364 replies to this topic

#1101 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

This will be great, with the Courtyard by Marriott and now Panasonic's new tower, it will be great to see cranes in the skyline once again.
Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#1102 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

Excellent news, esp. with this economy. I do feel for Secaucus but if Panasonic was looking to leave anyway then glad they decided to stay in NJ

#1103 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:48 PM

This is insanely good for Newark.. Wow!! And I'm hoping we see the "Panasonic Tower" where the verizon tower once was lol

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#1104 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:03 PM

NJ.com

Interesting article on the site of the new Panasonic tower.
Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#1105 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

Had an interesting conversation with a bunch of different parties and I thought it was interesting to see that in the background they are still negotiating the land swaps for triangle park. I wish that meant the Edison would build something but that's still pretty unlikely.

#1106 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:08 PM

So I'm not sure if this was already posted but apparently the location of the new restaurant next to championship plaza across from the box office on Edison will be 2 restaurants.. I passed by it today and saw that to the left will be "Loft 47" and to the right will be "Edison Ale House".. Not sure what the deal is but it definitely looks like it will be 2 different places..

I saw inside the Edison Ale House and it looks like it's coming along nicely inside

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#1107 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

Panasonic Tower Starts Real Estate Marketing in Newark
Posted Image

#1108 rangers suck69

rangers suck69

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:18 PM

Can Dinosaur BBQ just open already?
Devils Fan for life since 1992
“The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue.”- Scott Stevens

#1109 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:16 AM

Here's Loft47's website, a work in progress obviously. Good luck wearing your jersey in the place though.

Edited by Marv4Life, 08 June 2011 - 09:22 AM.

#1110 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

Here's Loft47's website, a work in progress obviously. Good luck wearing your jersey in the place though.

I think you will find most places start with this (aka Hells Kitchen, Arena Lounge) and quickly drop that policy once they realize how much game day business they are loosing. Are you really going to deny a family of 4 who's child is wearing a Devils jersey?

#1111 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

I think you will find most places start with this (aka Hells Kitchen, Arena Lounge) and quickly drop that policy once they realize how much game day business they are loosing. Are you really going to deny a family of 4 who's child is wearing a Devils jersey?

It's a wine bar; this isn't some ordinary restaurant. It's more upscale and more than likely will cater to the "non-fanatic" types.

#1112 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:00 AM

It's a wine bar; this isn't some ordinary restaurant. It's more upscale and more than likely will cater to the "non-fanatic" types.

I just checked the website and maybe I missed it, but where does it say you will not be admitted if you are wearing a Devils jersey?

#1113 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:19 PM

I just checked the website and maybe I missed it, but where does it say you will not be admitted if you are wearing a Devils jersey?

No, I'm just saying "good luck" wearing one, since it's a wine bar, I honestly don't believe they will allow people in with them especially when there are two bars on the same block. Maybe I'm wrong and they won't care.

#1114 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:35 AM

No, I'm just saying "good luck" wearing one, since it's a wine bar, I honestly don't believe they will allow people in with them especially when there are two bars on the same block. Maybe I'm wrong and they won't care.

If they wanted to open something fancy, they should have opened it in NYC or Hoboken then. This is still Newark and if they give me attitude if I wear my jersey in there, then I am going next door.

#1115 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

If they wanted to open something fancy, they should have opened it in NYC or Hoboken then. This is still Newark and if they give me attitude if I wear my jersey in there, then I am going next door.

Just because it's "Newark" that means it shouldn't have anything "fancy"? Heard of gentrification? Besides there are others like it in the city, including downtown: http://www.martini494bistro.com/

Edited by Marv4Life, 09 June 2011 - 09:02 AM.

#1116 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:05 AM

Just because it's "Newark" that means it shouldn't have anything "fancy"? Heard of gentrification? Besides there are others like it in the city, including downtown: http://www.martini494bistro.com/

Just a few flowers in a garden full of weeds. How far is this next door to the bodega and the conway around the corner?

Yes I have heard of gentrification but I highly doubt it will reach the levels like Hoboken or DUMBO.

Edited by DevsMan84, 09 June 2011 - 09:05 AM.

#1117 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:26 AM

A fancy store cant open in Newark?

#1118 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

Typical clueless suburbanite statement. It's within the CBD across from the Rutgers business school, light rail, museum, Bears Stadium and office buildings. Map's right there. The nearest bodega is well north of 280 in a different section, and Conway's further down south on Market. BTW there are bodgeas in Hoboken and that part of Brooklyn too.

Edited by Marv4Life, 09 June 2011 - 09:32 AM.

#1119 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

Typical clueless suburbanite statement. It's within the CBD across from the Rutgers business school, light rail, museum, Bears Stadium and office buildings. Map's right there. The nearest bodega is well north of 280 in a different section, and Conway's further down south on Market. BTW there are bodgeas in Hoboken and that part of Brooklyn too.

There was crime in the CBD as long as Rutgers Newark Campus and office buildings have been there, so those have done nothing. As well as the Newark Bears (who were last year on the verge of folding before moving from the more lucrative Atlantic League to the much smaller Cam-Am League) and a museum that no one really cares about. The conway and the bodegas were literally right around the corner from the Devils arena as well as a lot of these new restaurants that are being opened.

When I am going to a Devils game, and I am not going to walk up to the Rutgers area for a meal when I have just as many options near the arena.

I walked through DUMBO just about a month ago and the only bodegas I saw was when I left the DUMBO area.

Also for gentrification to truely take place, you need the local residents to change too. DUMBO changed because hipsters moved in. For this you also need more upscale residents and apartments to be built as well. Hotels do not count as that is only temporary and I do not see this being built in downtown Newark. You can open a Saks Fifth Avenue store and a Bently dealership right around the corner from the area but the fact of the matter is, in all directions for many blocks there still going to be the same people living there.

Typical inner-city resident who thinks a couple of stores and restaurants will change an entire city center.

#1120 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:02 AM

DevsMan, what is your point? An upscale spot opened in Newark. I dont see what youre trying to say at all. You might not get in with your Devils sweater. Full stop. Dont know how this has to do with DUMBO or Hoboken...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users